EA Forums - Banner

I take it back......

124Next

Replies

• The second you push LT and hold in the offensive zone your agility needs to be decreased, momentum greatly decreased, and balance vs contact from behind vastly decreased.

Watching the half twirling, puck protect, half twirl, cut center snipe short side is such an embarrassment to the game.

At the same time, when you hold the protect the puck button you should have more balance and puck control.

Puck protect does give you more balance and control Powerforwards use this alot.

However, so does holding out your right stick, which is absurd that it greatly helps to shrug off checks...... Another issue that should be fixed pronto.

Not enough balance and control, not in NHL19 anyways. You can get easily bumped off the puck as a power forward.
  • Oslik1000
    455 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Both. Backskate with the puck on the left side on the stick (forehand) + more balance if you protect the puck. Both this moves are not possible do on the ice (on the skates). Is not important if you are nhl player or noob. There is only physics aspect. Both move are only as defend protect! EA do present this as offense advance.
    It is reason why Venom saw about cut this moves from the offense zone.

The only one move how you can use this move is do backskate to the puck and shot from backhand the puck out from the defensive zone. It can not be pass never. It can not be any regular shot never too. If you can do try this on the forehand, you will do crash on ice always.
  • The second you push LT and hold in the offensive zone your agility needs to be decreased, momentum greatly decreased, and balance vs contact from behind vastly decreased.

Exactly.

Removing real-world elements from the game to protect people from seeing things that they don't agree to be 'hockey' is not what EA needs to do. They simply need to discourage its use.

Exactly.

Removing real-world elements from the game to protect people from seeing things that they don't agree to be 'hockey' is not what EA needs to do. They simply need to discourage its use.

Exactly.

If it can be done in real life, allow it, as they do now. However, in real life it wouldn't make sense to do it. This is what EA needs to implement, the fact it wouldn't make sense, or wouldn't be viable.

Exactly.

Exactly.

If it can be done in real life, allow it, as they do now. However, in real life it wouldn't make sense to do it. This is what EA needs to implement, the fact it wouldn't make sense, or wouldn't be viable.

That doesn't make sense to me... Again, let's take the example of me driving with my feet. I can do that in real life. Heck, anyone can I suppose. Does it happen? Do you see people doing it out in the streets. No. But it's possible.

Now, let's apply this to a videogame: how many driving games do you know that allow you to drive with your feet? None! Because it doesn't make sense even though it IS possible in real life (or in a videogame if you prefer).

Just because it can be done, doesn't mean it should be done. Also if you're gonna put something in only to make it completely useless... Well might as well NOT implement it at all. I mean why make the devs waste their time coding something so that it doesn't work. Again, doesn't make much sense to me.

But maybe that's just me. I am kinda weird... :p