EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

image
Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Has falling over from hitting the boards been added?

One of the clips I kept from the NHL 20 beta shows a player falling over from interacting with the boards.

Is this a glitch or something that has been added to the game?

PgKhGPf.gif

Replies

  • Hmmm, you found something interesting here KidShow. Nice indeed. Can't wait to see if we get a response to that.
  • The cheerleaders clearly missed a spot when shoveling during the TV timeout. It's in the game.
  • Socair
    2201 posts Game Changer
    That shouldn’t happen in final release as nothing was formally changed for board physics. Likely a physics error within that early build.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • Socair wrote: »
    That shouldn’t happen in final release as nothing was formally changed for board physics. Likely a physics error within that early build.

    bummer.
  • You can actual tune the board effect/stumble effect of the boards in nhl 19 so it isnt new and I believe for online ranked versus it should be turned up so that all the board cheesers are eliminated.
  • G1ll1es wrote: »
    You can actual tune the board effect/stumble effect of the boards in nhl 19 so it isnt new and I believe for online ranked versus it should be turned up so that all the board cheesers are eliminated.

    What's a 'board cheeser'?
  • EpiCxOwNeD
    601 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Reminds me of the days where players would smash the boards after a missed hit and hurt themselves.
  • Oslik1000
    145 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    G1ll1es wrote: »
    You can actual tune the board effect/stumble effect of the boards in nhl 19 so it isnt new and I believe for online ranked versus it should be turned up so that all the board cheesers are eliminated.

    It is not the same, it is not from the front of body which you can setup.

    Yeah it looks great, As me hockey player I remember for tons of this moments if the ice is too much wet on early time after period is begin.

    I want this to the game :)
    (It looks as glitch)

    The game still need more of this random moments. The same as goalie is missing his stick, the player is missing his stick, collision with refferries, collision with teammates near the switch board E.T.C.
    The gam need this as random, the sometimes effect, I think.
  • You can kinda stumble hitting to boards in NHL 19 also, you just have to change those sliders... There is an slider for that.
  • refined98 wrote: »
    You can kinda stumble hitting to boards in NHL 19 also, you just have to change those sliders... There is an slider for that.

    On the "full sim" setting the boards require some careful navigation when skating near them, but the odd thing is the A.I. team is clueless on how to do it properly. They run into the end-boards repeatedly and turn the puck over for what seems like no reason at all.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!