EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 CHEL NOTES - HUT Deep dive

Andrew Marks HUT Producer and Nicholas Shewchuk Live Content Producer discuss HUT in NHL 20.
Check it out here.

Auto stick lift need to be removed

Rvca702
1 posts New member
edited August 18
I hate NHL2019 because of the auto stick that you have in the game, it take no skill to play.

Please let us control:

Stick lifts
Interceptions
Reaching for loose pucks
Controlling the puck without animations

I personally will not be buying the game if these are not emphasized.

[Socair - edited swear filter]
Post edited by Socair on

Replies

• There is no such thing as “auto stick lift”. It’s called incidental contact. When you have the pick and you’re stick hits an opponents stick, that’s what you might call an auto stick lift.

From my time in the 20 beta it seems like they cleaned up some of the incidental contact to make it more believable in a way.
  • Rvca702
    1 posts New member
    Awesome, I hope so that stuff was so annoying.
  • There is auto stick lift you just have to hold x. And AI and user lift like mad. Only issue is you can pick up interference penalties if you aren’t watching who your user controlled player is near.
  • There is auto stick lift you just have to hold x. And AI and user lift like mad. Only issue is you can pick up interference penalties if you aren’t watching who your user controlled player is near.

Holding A/X is to tie someone up with your stick. Not an auto stick. Usually it’s done in front of the net to battle for positions.
  • Try it you lift like a banshee I don’t do it because I don’t like being in the penalty box. But as far as the original post goes there is something in 19 since the beta came out that allows for a constant lift especially in battles on the boards but if you push x multiple times you get high stick or hook. If you hold it they keep poking at it til they get it.
  • I do find it interesting that no one has come back to say I tried it and it doesn’t work. It’s just another arcade mode please the raggers addition to this game that has caused me to not want to buy 20. Can you beat those players, yes, but come up on a skilled player who uses it they will win. I was down 3-0 to a team that did it. So second and third nothing to lose I did it both periods win 7-3 and he gets 2 shots. Again having this in the game gives those who are skilled an unfair advantage and those who are not skilled actually think they are good.
  • I hate the hit magnet that pulls you in to assist with your hit. Stop, I know how to hit, I don't need EA to play the game for me. All these stupid little things they add to "help" new players should have options to turn them off.
  • Rvca702 wrote: »
    I hate NHL2019 because of the auto stick that you have in the game, it take no skill to play.

Please let us control:

Stick lifts
    Interceptions
    Reaching for loose pucks

They programmed it that way so that u don’t have control. Everyone should have noticed for years that we don’t actually play the game, their ai does. The game u/we want where we actually get to decide if we turn left or right cost time and money. Obviously $5 bil. a year in revenues isn’t enough to put forth an honest effort at making a player controlled and realistic simulator. Hell, if people are going to keep buying the game and they are going to make $5 bil. across all games, why would they attempt to make something great. Even though it would be the honorable thing to do.
  • Treatmentworke66
    426 posts Member
    edited August 31
    PJ_Bullet wrote: »
    Rvca702 wrote: »

Please let us control:

Stick lifts
    Interceptions
    Reaching for loose pucks

They programmed it that way so that u don’t have control. Everyone should have noticed for years that we don’t actually play the game, their ai does. The game u/we want where we actually get to decide if we turn left or right cost time and money. Obviously $5 bil. a year in revenues isn’t enough to put forth an honest effort at making a player controlled and realistic simulator. Hell, if people are going to keep buying the game and they are going to make $5 bil. across all games, why would they attempt to make something great. Even though it would be the honorable thing to do.

Sir couldn't agree more it seems the best way to play this game is just let your ai do everything all you have to do is stand in the middle ,the AI is faster than when you're controlling it
  • The best way to play this game is to not. Unless you want a 10 from the Russian judge and can avoid Tonya Harding you will be the figure skating champion. I’m hoping EA releases figure skating 20 that way we might be able to play hockey.

• The stick lift in this game is a joke