EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

What want to see fixed/change.

What you want to change or what need change on nhl 19 to 20 version?

-AI more defence than attack on shorthanded. Especially defence leads.

-AI very stupid stick penaltys (this is really big problem for NHL19)

-Faster menus

-Be a pro junior league points per player need put like 2x more up! NHL 1,2x

-Be a pro wrist shot power not upgrade when play match (simulation works)

-Be a pro speed, acceleration not upgrade when play game (simulation works)

-Be a pro, like 30 minutes ice time means you play 45 minutes irl. for one game, thats too long and if you move slider to 20min. -> 15 min, gameplay not work right, something happens on gameplay and AI is like crazy. Same thing if you set sliders, AI not know how to play. Gameplay suffers.

-Be a pro, player who is like 72, is 1st overall draft for entry draft and my player drafted like number 15 and my player overall is 87 and we have same potential, why ?

-After 3 seasons on junior league, my player rating is too high, like 87-89 this is like 13 up every year (too much!), other players who have high potential, upgrade like 4-6 overall.

-Start be a pro for nhl team, your overall is very small but player age is 20?

-Start for memorial cup, means we have 2 for every draft picks on same year, because game start same year when is draft and same year is drafted before draft.

-Very rarely see that players who drafted first round for AI, playing NHL before 21-22 year old.

-after 5-6 seasons, we have like 3 lines over 90 overall palyers, means players upgrade is too much up than down and too many reach his full potential. I think we need really new ratings- points ratio.

Replies

• I hate to see your post neglected, but most of the BeaPro fans have given up on the series. They're out there, they just don't have much reason to be on this forum right now. Probably after '20 is released a few will pop up here to express their disappointment once again at how stale the mode is. You might rally them better at that time.
  • PJ_Bullet
    23 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    U know when u guys stop buying this trash game and all of the others they make, these morons will be forced to make to a realistic human controlled game simulator. Right now all ur doing is pressing buttons and watching the ai play the game for u so beg if u will, ur never going to get what u want until u hurt those pockets. Quick money is all they care about.
  • PJ_Bullet wrote: »
    U know when u guys stop buying this trash game and all of the others they make, these morons will be forced to make to a realistic human controlled game simulator. Right now all ur doing is pressing buttons and watching the ai play the game for u so beg if u will, ur never going to get what u want until u hurt those pockets. Quick money is all they care about.

That's not how business works

When sales dip below profitability, or are deemed too low to bother, production usually ceases. Voting with your wallet is fine, as long as you can accept the possibility of no longer even having the option when whatever it is you're refusing to purchase is gone.

And we must be playing different games.
  • PJ_Bullet
    23 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    PJ_Bullet wrote: »
    U know when u guys

That's not how business works

When sales dip below profitability, or are deemed too low to bother, production usually ceases. Voting with your wallet is fine, as long as you can accept the possibility of no longer even having the option when whatever it is you're refusing to purchase is gone.

And we must be playing different games.

U know, generally I would agree but, they are not wal-mart and sell thousands of products. Believe me they are not going to just walk away from billions a year and just retire to the golf course. Lol.

I can also accept not having their games since we’re not playing one anyway. 😊
  • I think that this is the last NHL game which I buy (and buy this, mainly because of the child), if this is even more completely unplayable. It's not just a bad game, it's not playable.

The AI penalty system was a big problem, why not even my kid enjoyed NHL19. Online is too difficult for a young child.

Actually, I don't know who this game is aimed at? As a true fan of the NHL League, this is great, but it's not the same as a working game.

Well, we see what happens on NHL20...
  • online is too difficult for a young child....

While I agree that online is too hard for a small child, I would also think that's a good thing. I don't think many people want online to be easy. In fact, I find that many people want the AI to be tougher.

If you're looking for a good online mode, NHL threes might be an option. Though I never got into that so I'm not sure how hard that is online.

Perhaps maybe start the child out playing in play now on rookie difficulty, that would probably be a good battle. Plus that's how i played as a kid, offline against the computer and that was fun back in the day.

Anyway I hope you and your kids enjoy NHL 20.
    Read some of my stuff at www.sportsprowler.com
  • I think that this is the last NHL game which I buy (and buy this, mainly because of the child), if this is even more completely unplayable. It's not just a bad game, it's not playable.

The AI penalty system was a big problem, why not even my kid enjoyed NHL19. Online is too difficult for a young child.

Actually, I don't know who this game is aimed at? As a true fan of the NHL League, this is great, but it's not the same as a working game.

Well, we see what happens on NHL20...

The non stop tripping penalties destroy this game. Especially online. I'm not all world but I play very methodically and positional as to avoid the parade to the box, but it becomes just absolutely laboursom, takes the flow right out of the game and it just seems you're playing the whole game on either the kill or the powerplay. It gets even worse playing 6 vs 6. Yes when there is a trip its great that its called but a lot of times when you should be in perfect position for a poke check you send the player launching into the upper deck with a trip.