EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details January 30th

Check out our January 30th patch details here.

12 days until release and not a single video of offline gameplay.

Let me guess it's the same terrible AI, teams all playing the same, and no player separation. Can't wait to get started on that revamped franchise mode. <sarcasm>

It's no wonder no one buys this game anymore.

Replies

• MooseHunter10
    402 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    They dont want us to see that scoreboard is still at the bottom, like the beta.

edit: asking specifically for AI vs AI gameplay? Reddit has a 1v1 full game video.
    EASHL player
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Rozsos27 wrote: »
    Let me guess it's the same terrible AI, teams all playing the same, and no player separation. Can't wait to get started on that revamped franchise mode. <sarcasm>

If no one bought it, they wouldn't keep making it. Franchise Mode has received quite a bit of attention over the last few years.
  • Sinbin wrote: »

If no one bought it, they wouldn't keep making it. Franchise Mode has received quite a bit of attention over the last few years.

That's obviously not a literal statement. But sales are dropping and I never hear anyone excited about the new release anymore.

And my point is that no matter what they do to franchise mode it doesn't matter when all the teams and players play the same. Until that changes, franchise mode is a snoozefest.
  • I'd like to see more of the revamped goaltending at the very least.

But haven't you heard the great news?! Owners of previous iterations of NHL get even more HUT packs shoved down our throats!
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Sinbin wrote: »

That's obviously not a literal statement. But sales are dropping and I never hear anyone excited about the new release anymore.

And my point is that no matter what they do to franchise mode it doesn't matter when all the teams and players play the same. Until that changes, franchise mode is a snoozefest.

They don't all play the same. Player ratings make a difference.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Oshimai wrote: »
    I'd like to see more of the revamped goaltending at the very least.

But haven't you heard the great news?! Owners of previous iterations of NHL get even more HUT packs shoved down our throats!

Shoved? You don't have to open them if you don't want to. They're there as a thank you for playing the previous games. No one is forcing you to use them though.

Goalies had like 400 new animations added. You can watch the gameplay video to see some of them. You could have experienced it yourself in the beta.

• Sinbin wrote: »

Here this article explains in more depth than I care to. Franchise mode is broken and the additions they added this year have no effect on that. Trust me I would love nothing more than an acceptable NHL franchise mode to play.

sportsgamersonline.com/nhl-19s-team-and-player-ratings-are-a-mess/

• Rozsos27 wrote: »

Here this article explains in more depth than I care to. Franchise mode is broken and the additions they added this year have no effect on that. Trust me I would love nothing more than an acceptable NHL franchise mode to play.

sportsgamersonline.com/nhl-19s-team-and-player-ratings-are-a-mess/

That article seems to surmise that a roster-share option would be the solution. That's highly unlikely given how the A.I. logic categorizes and evaluates all the data e.g. players, options, payroll etc. The whole system is a mess because it's barely worked on. It probably switches hands so often that no one really knows how it works. I wouldn't be surprised if it were leaked that it had been given to interns to have a go at it.
  • go watch a video of NHL 16-17-18-19 and you are set to go for what to expect in 20.
  • Ask and you shall receive. Overall not really impressed. LTing still rears it's ugly head too much. This is played offline so the sliders might be off or whatever.

• Follisimo wrote: »
    Ask and you shall receive. Overall not really impressed. LTing still rears it's ugly head too much. This is played offline so the sliders might be off or whatever.

I can't form any opinions because it's a local vs. game and not a franchise game against the cpu, but this doesn't look good. Or rather, the new franchise additions will render no effect on gameplay as it's just the same A.I. script.
  • Yeah it does look pretty much exactly like NHL19, from a quick review. Nothing that jumps at you as new thing.

The LTing, the players certainly tried to use it a lot, but it didn't appear to be very succesful. So maybe they're just using it out of habit, and it doesn't really offer any great benefit anymore (one can hope?)

But yeah, meh.
  • Since years the same Goalie masks, cut scenes from 19 and older versions of the game. Its more than time to add more scenes maybe with diffrent statistics to give the game a touch more broadcast life. in Gameplay looks like 19.
  • I'm like, why is there no score overlay?!? And then I realized it's at the bottom of the screen. Why.
  • I'm like, why is there no score overlay?!? And then I realized it's at the bottom of the screen. Why.

Welcome aboard :)
    It is my reason why not buy. Yes scoreboard was never change 20 years. I will not do play with this downgrade scoreboard never. I do not understand why so big company as EA can do it without options top/bottom???
    Madden is crap this year. NFS is still crap as previous.
    I will play nba2k18 because k19 k20 there is absolutely no news too.
    My pocket is happy, my mind not.

I don't mind the scoreboard I just wish that the option to make it smaller worked in the beta. Because it is too big as it is.
    Read some of my stuff at www.sportsprowler.com
  • The problem with the scoreboard at the bottom is that it blocks the icons of players off the screen. Scoreboard at the bottom would be a lesser issue if the gameplay window was cut short, and didnt have an overlap.

Clearly it was a complaint by corner twirlers, probably HUT streamers or it wouldve been ignored, and the devs blindly follow their word without ANY CONSIDERATION for EASHL.
    EASHL player
  • The problem with the scoreboard at the bottom is that it blocks the icons of players off the screen. Scoreboard at the bottom would be a lesser issue if the gameplay window was cut short, and didnt have an overlap.

Clearly it was a complaint by corner twirlers, probably HUT streamers or it wouldve been ignored, and the devs blindly follow their word without ANY CONSIDERATION for EASHL.

Yeah as a goalie it sucks so I have to turn that off and just ask someone that is using it how much time is left.
  • Follisimo wrote: »
    The problem with the scoreboard at the bottom is that it blocks the icons of players off the screen. Scoreboard at the bottom would be a lesser issue if the gameplay window was cut short, and didnt have an overlap.

Yeah as a goalie it sucks so I have to turn that off and just ask someone that is using it how much time is left.

I turn it off as well on D. Can't see the important stuff when the scoreboard is active.
  • MooseHunter10
    402 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Even as a Forward, you cant pass backwards after a zone entry to your dmen, cause you dont know where they are! EA must've had analytics saying no one passes back to dmen in the ozone anyways :p
    Follisimo wrote: »
    The problem with the scoreboard at the bottom is that it blocks the icons of players off the screen. Scoreboard at the bottom would be a lesser issue if the gameplay window was cut short, and didnt have an overlap.

I turn it off as well on D. Can't see the important stuff when the scoreboard is active.

EA added new Commentators (always gets turned off before the first game), new sound track instead of authentic goal horns (always gets turned off before the first game), new scoreboard (now has to be turned off before the first game). At least their efforts are consistently in the wrong places.
    EASHL player