EA Forums - Banner

Opponents never lose the puck

vmx2014
54 posts Member
edited September 2019
This is the most annoying thing in this game. Been playing the franchise since 1993 and I’m not a bad player by any means. Some players do not lose the puck, no matter what you do the puck will always be attached to them. You hit them and it has no affect, you poke them and get a penalty or they lose the puck and immediately pick it right back up. You are on a breakaway and they stick lift you from behind takes the puck and start flying down the ice with no call. They skate around and we have no tools to stop them. Can’t catch them or take the puck away. They hold their stick out and you might as well just quit. Every game is different and I won’t lie I’ve had games were I felt bad for other player because they were on the other end of this garbage. Telling me this game doesn’t have random advantages for teams game to game is crazy. We all been there. Something is wrong. Either it be a connection issue or this game has pre determined advantages at random.. so frustrating.. especially when you can’t touch the puck and these ppl you”re playing think they are god... these ppl are also why the game is in a dying state.. they score a goal and it’s impossible to take the puck from them. Skating around making you chase and if you don’t chase they stay behind their net and you can’t do a damn thing about it..

Replies

• For as long as I can remember there are times that change from game to game where one game you feel like your players skate on air and the next game they move like slugs.
  • "For as long as I can remember there are times that change from game to game where one game you feel like your players skate on air and the next game they move like slugs. "

Last night my skater moved like a slug.

Why can't EA make the skating super fast, super agile, high acceleration, stop and go, good feel, good control, good response, etc. floating/skating on air, whatever... that is what we need. Skaters should feel light as a feather on the ice, not 500 lb. bricks.
  • What is the point of us posting anything on these forums if year after year they give us the same product? We provide them with all the issues and what they need to improve, instead they give us a product with crappier gameplay then the last. I looked at the settings and the gameplay was nothing compared to where the settings sliders were. Passing, shooting, checking and teammate AI intelligence is beyond unrepairable at this time. They knew that penalties were a huge issue yet they made it even worse in this version. I am confused, aren't they supposed to go forward with their product and not backwards?
  • sgiz1 wrote: »
    "For as long as I can remember there are times that change from game to game where one game you feel like your players skate on air and the next game they move like slugs. "

Last night my skater moved like a slug.

Why can't EA make the skating super fast, super agile, high acceleration, stop and go, good feel, good control, good response, etc. floating/skating on air, whatever... that is what we need. Skaters should feel light as a feather on the ice, not 500 lb. bricks.

the real issue is there isnt much to distinguish between top end players vs bottom end players. A player with 95 speed should easily get by an 85 or have a step on a 90 player. There just no feeling of separation.

The only way you can tell an actual difference is an NHL team playing a WHL team. Those players are all below 70.