EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th


Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

Back Skate Insanity

Prev134
ojedduosmnua.gif


There's no excuse for this not being fixed....

Replies

  • yup L2 needs more nerfing
  • 2Talik2
    17 posts Member
    edited September 12
    Honestly I was going to buy the game until I saw this crap was still in the game. No hitting or stick checking in the defensive zone is a joke!
  • I totally agree, this game use to be a simulator and should have remained that. No player in the NHL would be able to backskate into the zone like this, it's ridiculous. At the very least if EA insists on leaving L2 in the game please include a tutorial so everyone can learn how to do and it be fair for all. I can do somewhat but then I've heard you need to hold down X at the same time plus if you also push R2 that can speed you up but it's really just nonsense and should be removed so we can get back to playing NHL how it's suppose to be play as a TEAM sport!
  • And since hitting does nothing it's even worse this year , if your going to have this garbage in the game then bring back AI launching,
  • jathegr892
    17 posts Member
    edited September 12
    this is the true AUTHENTIC SKATING which i have never done in a game because I don't want to die. Only way to stop this... Crank up the hitting/injuries and reward those who play a team game of dump n chase, traffic in front of nets and clappers from the point... that almost sounds like what happens in a hockey game.

    [Socair - edited swear filter]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • There needs to be a risk/reward factor which heavily favors the defense. You shouldn't be able to get through the defense using that move. It's not realistic and it's not fun to watch nor play against. The use of L2 makes a little sense when you try to face the player you intend to pass to (IE passing to the point to set up a shot from the point).

    However, I strongly believe that if you enter the zone with your back to the defense then it should be easy to knock you to the ice from behind and it also should be harder for the player to make an accurate shot or pass.

    EA should be trying to discourage this behavior, but they seem to be encouraging it. Which blows my mind.
    Read some of my stuff at www.sportsprowler.com
  • Couldn't have put it better ^
  • EA should be trying to discourage this behavior, but they seem to be encouraging it. Which blows my mind.

    not only do they seem to be encouraging it, watch the teams play in a game vs the AI. They rag the puck, constantly back up and move backwards like a soccer team and just spam at times the stick lift. This is all stuff that people complain about or have complained about. I'm beginning to think more and that these guys have absolutely zero clue on what happens in a hockey game
  • If you skate backwards in the offensive zone your offside anyway the puck has to enter the zone first I don't know why EA has that wrong.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    edited September 12
    If you skate backwards in the offensive zone your offside anyway the puck has to enter the zone first I don't know why EA has that wrong.

    This isn't correct. As long as you have possession of the puck, you're allowed to skate backward with it and enter your offensive zone without offside being called.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    If you skate backwards in the offensive zone your offside anyway the puck has to enter the zone first I don't know why EA has that wrong.

    This isn't correct. As long as you have possession of the puck, you're allowed to skate backward with it and enter your offensive zone without offside being called.

    LT in this game still sucks big time.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    If you skate backwards in the offensive zone your offside anyway the puck has to enter the zone first I don't know why EA has that wrong.

    This isn't correct. As long as you have possession of the puck, you're allowed to skate backward with it and enter your offensive zone without offside being called.

    that is correct.
  • I just don't understand how this isn't viewed as an exploit by EA? Are they not able to fix it or is this a new direction they're wanting to go in? Logic would dictate they added this feature so they can tweak it or remove it, but they choose not to. I don't want to sound like a whiner but what other conclusion can I draw here?
  • 2Talik2 wrote: »
    I just don't understand how this isn't viewed as an exploit by EA? Are they not able to fix it or is this a new direction they're wanting to go in? Logic would dictate they added this feature so they can tweak it or remove it, but they choose not to. I don't want to sound like a whiner but what other conclusion can I draw here?

    This is what you get when people start complaining that they get nudged off the puck and that goalies make saves. Why do you think 19 got tuned into the dirt? This is exactly why....
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    If you skate backwards in the offensive zone your offside anyway the puck has to enter the zone first I don't know why EA has that wrong.

    This isn't correct. As long as you have possession of the puck, you're allowed to skate backward with it and enter your offensive zone without offside being called.

    that is correct.

    This is actually wrong bros. If you back skate and both skates are over the line all the way before the puck is all the way over the line it’s offside regardless of possession.

    I haven’t check to see if that’s the case while back skating in the game though.
  • This is actually wrong bros. If you back skate and both skates are over the line all the way before the puck is all the way over the line it’s offside regardless of possession.

    I haven’t check to see if that’s the case while back skating in the game though.

    You're wrong.

    From the NHL rulebook:

    83.1 Off-side - Players of the attacking team must not precede the puck into the attacking zone. The position of the player’s skates and not that of his stick shall be the determining factor in all instances in deciding an off-side. A player is off-side when both skates are completely over the leading edge of the blue line involved in the play. A player is on-side when either of his skates are in contact with, or on his own side of the line, at the instant the puck completely crosses the leading edge of the blue line regardless of the position of his stick.
    However, a player actually controlling the puck who shall cross the line ahead of the puck shall not be considered “off-side,” provided he had possession and control of the puck prior to his skates crossing the blue line.
    It should be noted that while the position of the player’s skates is what determines whether a player is “off-side,” nevertheless the question of an “off-side” never arises until the puck has completely crossed the leading edge of the blue line at which time the decision is to be made. If a player legally carries, passes or plays the puck back into his own defending zone while a player of the opposing team is in such defending zone, the off-side shall be ignored and play permitted to continue
  • It would be suicide but yes you can back skate legally into the zone without it being called offside...
  • 2Talik2 wrote: »
    It would be suicide but yes you can back skate legally into the zone without it being called offside...

    You know to the major difference as to why no one does that in the NHL versus the game? Because pain is a great motivation to never do that again. Nobody wants to be sidelined for a while because of such an idiotic thing to do.
  • Essentially because of the overhead view we as the player have, a hockey player in this game is able to skate backwards while...looking behind them, keeping control of the puck and knowing where all of their teammates are at the same time. In real hockey, especially crossing the blue line in the offensive zone, this would just be impossible. This is why it`s so jarring and immersion breaking to see. The fact that it works is just the cherry on top.
  • 2Talik2 wrote: »
    ojedduosmnua.gif


    There's no excuse for this not being fixed....

    Just make whatever action to defend this a non-penalty or something.

    This literally breaks the game.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!