EA Forums - Banner

Back Skate Insanity

Replies

• Maybe they can do the right shot player top corner cheese shot from the blueline circa 2004 back.
  • 2Talik2 wrote: »
    I just don't understand how this isn't viewed as an exploit by EA? Are they not able to fix it or is this a new direction they're wanting to go in? Logic would dictate they added this feature so they can tweak it or remove it, but they choose not to. I don't want to sound like a whiner but what other conclusion can I draw here?

This is what you get when people start complaining that they get nudged off the puck and that goalies make saves. Why do you think 19 got tuned into the dirt? This is exactly why....

Correct sir and no you don't sound like a whiner ,the real whiners are the one that cried about not bring able to score the same goals over and over again .
  • This really is becoming a game breaker. It's funny how all these people on here are saying to change this and that with all sorts of stuff like builds in EASHL but these kinds of things are what really needs to be fixed. I watched a fair amount of that WGC and this was so overused in that to show EA how brutal it really is and then there is guys like NASHER who is going off his rocker saying what an outstanding move it is. That is the biggest problem when people that are youtubing the game and getting moved up to promote the game elsewhere talking about how great it is to see people doing it because they do it all the time too.

EA really needs to get back to the game and fix the exploits that aree so overpowered. Yes it can be defended but someone who is really good at this, knows how to make people bounce off of them and is more than frustrting to play against because it's an exploit. The sad fact is, EA doesn't care. Plain and simple. Either that or they feel that this really is what hockey is and that is even sadder
  • Why not add in a chance to trip over your own skates the more the player uses it?
  • Rabid55 you are spot on my friend and I couldn’t have said it any better myself. The LT has just ruined this game. The fact that like you said at an EA sponsored event, they were actually promoting the LT move (I watched as well) made me sick to my stomach. It’s the most unrealistic move in the game and it’s ruining the experience for many others.

However unfortunately I don’t have much faith that EA will actually do anything to resolve the issue. Call me crazy lol.
  • Actually in the beta if you didn't for to long you would loose the puck ,but I guess the chel bruh's didn't like that so it's back in
  • 99% of the reason i stopped playing online, every second player i faced played like this, made it boring for me, and annoying, same people are the guys who love to watch every replay,. They must be LOVING this game this year.
    ojedduosmnua.gif

There's no excuse for this not being fixed....

So funnily enough, I'm actually the guy in the box who couldn't help but record this crap. Out of the four teams my team played that night, three of those teams had one or more players constantly do this.

It's extremely difficult to defend, and when you try to, you end up in the box because.. you know.. EA will "fix" poke spam by raising the chance of a penalty from 50% to 200%. Hm, they also "fixed" hitting after complaints that players wanting to dance their way end to end were losing the puck too much from incidental contact.

The entire game of hockey is incidental/purposeful contact, loose pucks, and fighting for loose pucks! There is no loose puck play in this game! At all. None! When the puck is on a player's stick, it feels as if they are not two separate entities. Nudges and hits move the player AND the puck in the same physical, and impossible way, instead of just separating the player from the puck. It's this "gameplay" that's spawned the LT cheese.

There aren't any penalties for the impossible, offensive madness moves. Stringing 8 dekes together only to LT dip and twirl your away around a team from sticks and checks, all the while a player never struggles with maintaining the puck, breaks the game.

Offense sells the game, and it's easier to gimp every other aspect of the game, but when you stop players from doing this, stop the goalies from letting in the same shots time after time, move from a player oriented game to a team oriented game, put proper goalie and defensive mechanics in the game, it keeps the score low. Low scoring doesn't bring the players that EA wants to entrap with their pay to win philosophy. Harder goalies doesn't bring those players back. Actual physics. Actual hitting. None of them brings those players back, but since all modes are locked into the same coded style of play, those wanting more of a realistic game are punished.
  • Lets not pretend clown hitting is the solution to this though. The game was better before LT'ing was introduced, it was also better before clown hitting was introduced and amplified every year since NHL 13. The problem with LT'ing is there is no loss to speed and balance as there is if you tried the same thing in real hockey. When you lose balance you lose strength and puck control. Correct these unrealistic aspects and this particular problem isn't an issue.
  • jathegr892
    19 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Lets not pretend clown hitting is the solution to this though. The game was better before LT'ing was introduced, it was also better before clown hitting was introduced and amplified every year since NHL 13. The problem with LT'ing is there is no loss to speed and balance as there is if you tried the same thing in real hockey. When you lose balance you lose strength and puck control. Correct these unrealistic aspects and this particular problem isn't an issue.

Exactly, everything you mentioned is dead on except EA calls this authentic skating! How in the hell is this authentic. I consider myself a good skater and grew up learning to use my edges and there's no way I'm pulling the L2 crap without losing speed or burning out my legs.

[Socair - edited swear filter]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    LT'ing is the result of a perfect mix of the new skating physics and extreme tripping sliders. It was originally used to draw penalties, now it has evolved into something ... worse.

DimpledEuphoricHyracotherium-size_restricted.gif
  • Maybe instead of buying the game we should buy the dev team some NHL.TV subscriptions.
  • Willing to bet they won't change it, EA has always been offense orientated. If they can attract unrealistic play in the offensive zone, they'll do it.
  • Zero competition breeds complacency... We the fans have nowhere else to go and let's face it, the series doesn't draw enough money for EA to put their best devs on it. The irony is if they actually put quality work and a bit of money into the series more people would buy it.

I find I'm constantly torn between playing a seriously flawed hockey game or not playing hockey at all...somewhere along the line sports gamers got used to being taken advantage of :(
  • zingaa1 wrote: »
    Willing to bet they won't change it, EA has always been offense orientated. If they can attract unrealistic play in the offensive zone, they'll do it.

Why would EA change anything? As it is, they are attracting alot of video game fans, they are tuning the game to keep video game fans and the whole time, true hockey fans still buy it because there is nothing else to buy. Why make a game for pure hockey fans that will buy the game regardless of how it's made?

Can't say I blame them. Certainly don't agree with EA, but I don't blame them.
  • Last week I played against a guy in 3s who was 1375cr. He wasn't teaming up with friends, just dropping in with randoms. He would start his LTing just before the blue line and hold it until the D closed the gap (and then couldn't do anything aside hope for incidental contact which doesn't work vs the magic of the LT) then he'd release his LT and warp around the D and cheese backhand or tuck it in every time. He was probably the best player I've seen at this game, but I never once saw him try to play what anyone would identify as hockey.

As far as I can tell more people agree on this LT issue than any other subject we've ever discussed (lobbies would be a close 2nd, go figure), the best we can hope for is to not let the complaints die so that anyone considering this title knows how trash it is over the LT and hopefully that forces action.

• zingaa1 wrote: »
    Willing to bet they won't change it, EA has always been offense orientated. If they can attract unrealistic play in the offensive zone, they'll do it.

Why would EA change anything? As it is, they are attracting alot of video game fans, they are tuning the game to keep video game fans and the whole time, true hockey fans still buy it because there is nothing else to buy. Why make a game for pure hockey fans that will buy the game regardless of how it's made?

Although I find it depressing sports game aren't made with quality or ethics in mind, I agree with you...there is zero incentive for EA
    zingaa1 wrote: »

Although I find it depressing sports game aren't made with quality or ethics in mind, I agree with you...there is zero incentive for EA

Jumping to conclusions a little? I imagine this is an issue they know of. Rarely is anything ever a quick and easy fix when it comes to things like this. It takes time as when you change the way a mechanic works, it can have negative effects elsewhere. Calling EA out like that adds to the toxicity here and doesn't help anything. Raising it as an issue is one thing. Making accusations like they don't care is another.

The skating introduced in 19 is fantastic. Not perfect, but way better than we used to have. I think it's even better in 20, but give them some time to work on this. The game releases today. We all know tuners happen on release day and shortly after. They've been good about addressing big issues the community is screaming about in the past.
  • EA needs to allow LT for a true/honest backward skate but that's it, if users LT release LT release LT over and over again while skating EA should program them to lose the puck automatically on maybe the second consecutive LT use.

Something has to be done to deter this strategy.
  • sgiz1 wrote: »
    EA needs to allow LT for a true/honest backward skate but that's it, if users LT release LT release LT over and over again while skating EA should program them to lose the puck automatically on maybe the second consecutive LT use.

Something has to be done to deter this strategy.

Or it should cause a C-cut transition where it puts them in strafing state, like if they were actually wearing skates... No more LT twitching!