EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Back Skate Insanity

Replies

• could you imagine in Madden if your QB would just take the snap and run down the field holding the stiff arm and could never be tackled? Its the same thing.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    sgiz1 wrote: »
    EA needs to allow LT for a true/honest backward skate but that's it, if users LT release LT release LT over and over again while skating EA should program them to lose the puck automatically on maybe the second consecutive LT use.

Something has to be done to deter this strategy.

Or it should cause a C-cut transition where it puts them in strafing state, like if they were actually wearing skates... No more LT twitching!

Agreed. It should make all of your stats drastically reduced and especially effect balance.
  • JubeiDOK
    32 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    This is a pretty bad vid to help make ur case. He is being denied entry into the zone; good job D. :smile:

But also, I don’t see anyone using their defensive skill stick.

People are complaining about stuff they can’t defend when they have yet to learn all the tools at your disposal.
  • JubeiDOK wrote: »
    This is a pretty bad vid to help make ur case. He is being denied entry into the zone; good job D. :smile:

People are complaining about stuff they can’t defend when they have yet to learn all the tools at your disposal.

Cause using the stick becomes a tripping minor 8/10 times

When the guy is constantly skating backwards, it doesn't matter how good you are with the DSS because the back and skates are facing you and if you poke at all, it's a penalty. Please explain how someone facing away from you can be poked? I would really love to hear this.
  • There is an easy solution! Dont make 5'7 danglers and snipers. and if you want to be faster than everyone, you will, but by no means should a 5'7 dangler knock over a big guy, like the one in the video. (watch the face-off, you can clearly see the size difference)

my two cents.. I have 2 setups

5'7 sniper to counter the speed if we face the same build.
    5'11 Two way, so if a team comes into the DR with bigger players, I then can knock them off the puck,

• Welcome to NHL 20. You guys actually thought they were gonna fix any of the cheap exploitative tactics from the last game? Haha we’ve been asking for them to fix this and many other hinges for years but they don’t want to because then all these YouTubers would cry about not being able to play the game because they’re getting destroyed by people who actually know how to play defense. This and the dynamic difficulty exploitationand the L2 bubble skating where you go in for the hit but you bounce off the player with the puck like there’s a bubble around him are some of the worst offenses of this series and it won’t get fixed. Just like the spawn system in call of duty won’t ever get fixed because people would riot that they can’t exploit a system to gain the upper hand.
  • TheMajjam
    508 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    LiveDoggy wrote: »
    There is an easy solution! Dont make 5'7 danglers and snipers. and if you want to be faster than everyone, you will, but by no means should a 5'7 dangler knock over a big guy, like the one in the video. (watch the face-off, you can clearly see the size difference)

5'11 Two way, so if a team comes into the DR with bigger players, I then can knock them off the puck,

I've played 7 3's games thus far and won 7 games, and only because I play as a Sniper D to keep up with nothing but the snipers and danglers in drop in. I tried TWD in beta and it was HORRIBLY slow. I had to use the same build in 19 to keep up with flash forwards. I rarely use the build to score, only for the speed. Well, that and I retain the puck in my zone like a forward. It's so backwards.

Can't check what you can't catch.
  • The game was better before back skate, NHL 12 and earlier LT was vision control only and it was an awesome perfect working vision control. You had to manipulate LT in order to back skate with puck but it wasn't easy.

The game was fun without LT backward skate.
  • sgiz1 wrote: »
    The game was better before back skate, NHL 12 and earlier LT was vision control only and it was an awesome perfect working vision control. You had to manipulate LT in order to back skate with puck but it wasn't easy.

The game was fun without LT backward skate.

So true the last version that required skill to skate like that was nhl 14. You could set up some really spectacular plays. Now i don’t ever see any spectacular plays anymore just the same cheap stuff over and over. The only time I’m ever amazed is when i work my ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off to create a special play and scoring chance and 90% of the time it either misses the net hits the post or goalie makes like 5 amazing saves in a row and the other guy skates back walks through 3 checks and then scores a weak short side wrist shot from the circle or something.
  • TheMajjam wrote: »
    There is an easy solution! Dont make 5'7 danglers and snipers. and if you want to be faster than everyone, you will, but by no means should a 5'7 dangler knock over a big guy, like the one in the video. (watch the face-off, you can clearly see the size difference)

I've played 7 3's games thus far and won 7 games, and only because I play as a Sniper D to keep up with nothing but the snipers and danglers in drop in. I tried TWD in beta and it was HORRIBLY slow. I had to use the same build in 19 to keep up with flash forwards. I rarely use the build to score, only for the speed. Well, that and I retain the puck in my zone like a forward. It's so backwards.

I love the fact that playing as a two way D which i do, body checking cannot ever be done. based on clean physics of just two objects going into each other at full speed and I just bounce off of forwards. It makes no sense. And since poke check is useless, the only strategy is to run interference/angle off the offensive player and hope to pick up the puck in the corner or in my skates. Lame
  • I just got the game today and played one drop-in after setting it all up. During that game, backskating was everywhere. I thought this was fixed on the last game by tuner or patch? Why is it back again?

When the guy is constantly skating backwards, it doesn't matter how good you are with the DSS because the back and skates are facing you and if you poke at all, it's a penalty. Please explain how someone facing away from you can be poked? I would really love to hear this.

It would take too long to try and explain, but I can show you how to use your stick effectively.

D is all about cutting down your opponents options and forcing them to do what you want them to do or into making a mistake.
    JubeiDOK wrote: »

It would take too long to try and explain, but I can show you how to use your stick effectively.

D is all about cutting down your opponents options and forcing them to do what you want them to do or into making a mistake.

Lol. Making forwards do what you want them to? Oh man, I would love to see this mentality again vet LT players. You keep your stick held out there, bud. Actual tactics went out a long time ago.
  • TheMajjam wrote: »

From that last line I would guesstimate that that is your problem, you’re chasing.

Chasing the puck is what’s generating all these comments.
  • could you imagine in Madden if your QB would just take the snap and run down the field holding the stiff arm and could never be tackled? Its the same thing.

Indeed!
  • EA? No response at all from admins? This needs to be fixed upcoming patch!
  • Empty promises. They said this would be fixed this year. They also said goalie and slight ai improvements. Apparently those are the worst they’ve ever been this year.
  • At christmas time when everybody has stopped playing again no need to ask again what we want. We want this LT nonsense gone and keep playing