EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details January 30th

Check out our January 30th patch details here.

Those shadows though

Prev1
Let’s get the rendering team back in the studio...woooo...I dig the owl hoot in the background...doesn’t effect gameplay...but those shadows...yikes.

Replies

• I think they did a great job with the shadows. Unfortunately it's too distracting. By the time my eyes adjust to the lighting differences its the 2nd period and the shadows are on the other side.

I want to say, great job whoever made them, unfortunately they most likely need to go. Maybe we can get a daytime/night time game for variety in place of shadows.
  • Bro!!! They look great...
    If I was playing a camping sim....I’d be in love.
    I just wanna be able to see the puck.
  • It's unplayable, clearly it wasn't tested.
  • RSall14 wrote: »
    It's unplayable, clearly it wasn't tested.
    Dude!! I swear...I was thinking the same thing
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1707 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    I would think...I’d say...like ...one person....anyone..anyone that would of walked in the room...picked up the controller and started playing...they would of been like what is this?

I can’t see the puck!

Why didn’t they let anyone in the room?!!
    Why didn’t they ATLEAST ask a friend or a little brother to try it out before launching it?!
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1707 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    P.s bros...
    I’ll quality control your games ...
    for way less than you’re paying them ...I mean...if you’re even paying anyone.

[Socair - edited swear filter]
  • They need to add overcast games and night games under lights.
  • BassMan_PC
    348 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    We complained about this the moment the beta dropped. They don't listen though. Common sense is lacking over at EA.
  • Can't harp on this enough...it's game affecting. EA, please pay attention to your fan base for once. You've created an almost unplayable aspect of your game.
  • Try adjusting your auto back skate option.
  • The shadows are bad on the rink on the canal and the contrast needs to be adjusted as I was having trouble differentiating between teams as the white jerseys were a grey colour . In cut scenes to Referee calling penalties his facial features were almost indiscernible. The rink at the farm was not as bad. Those are the only rinks I have seen so far.
  • The shadows are bad on the rink on the canal and the contrast needs to be adjusted as I was having trouble differentiating between teams as the white jerseys were a grey colour . In cut scenes to Referee calling penalties his facial features were almost indiscernible. The rink at the farm was not as bad. Those are the only rinks I have seen so far.
    Dude!! Yes...those grey jerseys as well...why the change?! The white ones were fine....with the shadows ...and the grey...it’s a mess.
  • Try adjusting your auto back skate option.

e3msxld6srw5.jpeg
    Uhhhh ...I changed my gender...it didn’t help.
  • I wish they would just go back to the way it was when you played indoors with everybody on your team actually wearing the same numbered/team jersey. What was actually wrong with that setup?
  • I wish they would just go back to the way it was when you played indoors with everybody on your team actually wearing the same numbered/team jersey. What was actually wrong with that setup?

You mean the mode that everyone liked and no one wanted changed yet they did it anyways and refuse to listen to their fan base to put it back?
  • Moxrox84 wrote: »
    I wish they would just go back to the way it was when you played indoors with everybody on your team actually wearing the same numbered/team jersey. What was actually wrong with that setup?

You mean the mode that everyone liked and no one wanted changed yet they did it anyways and refuse to listen to their fan base to put it back?

Yes, yes, that's the one!! EA has got a whole lot of bad habits in alienating their hockey crowd for sure.
  • For the love of god. Remove the shadows or give us the option to please. It is a game-breaker for myself and everyone I've played with so far.
  • Agree...EA really needs to fix this. Either gives us back our team choices and arenas, or give us a new rink with 0 shadows. Why is this the only area where players are screwed because of the design of the rinks?
  • Sorry, HUT Streamers don't play Drop Ins. There is no budget to remove the shadows.
    EASHL player
  • Moxrox84 wrote: »
    Agree...EA really needs to fix this. Either gives us back our team choices and arenas, or give us a new rink with 0 shadows. Why is this the only area where players are screwed because of the design of the rinks?

I don't even want to give them a choice. Bring back team choice and arenas...period!! This is not even debatable as far as I'm concerned.