EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

I will reserve judgement but...

HandsomeCatf1sh
1687 posts Member
edited September 13
I have yet to be able to play a drop in game on a west coast server

Replies

• GramerProfesur
    449 posts Member
    edited September 13
    Servers are all over the place. I run at 8-10 ping consistently on 19 with no lag and I’m at 30 in 20 with significant delay. In Ones. In Threes.

Idk what the hell is going on
  • Servers are all over the place. I run at 8-10 ping consistently on 19 with no lag and I’m at 30 in 20 with significant delay. In Ones. In Threes.

Thanks for the response...just trying to get a feel for what’s happening. Hitting 75 ms ALL THE TIME.
  • Servers are all over the place. I run at 8-10 ping consistently on 19 with no lag and I’m at 30 in 20 with significant delay. In Ones. In Threes.

Thanks for the response...just trying to get a feel for what’s happening. Hitting 75 ms ALL THE TIME.

Assuming you normally get 30 or so MS? Looks Iike it’s a little more than double for everyone, saw some complaints on reddit too
  • Always between 42 and 65 ping.

= input delay
  • West server. 25
    East server. 60
    EVERY GAME NOW. 85
  • Socair
    1820 posts Game Changer
    Might just be time of day. More easterners on right now. There are two east servers (northeast and east) and a central...although, as a westerner I get a better ping to the NE server than the central, so it’s not truly “central” geographically.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • Socair wrote: »
    Might just be time of day. More easterners on right now. There are two east servers (northeast and east) and a central...although, as a westerner I get a better ping to the NE server than the central, so it’s not truly “central” geographically.

I hear ya...that’s why I’m reserving the judgment...I’m just a little skeptical because I played the EA trail...and the same thing happened while I was playing later at night.

Should be able to pick a server we play on like most games. I’d rather wait a bit longer for a more quality game then to find a fast one with less quality connection.
  • Socair
    1820 posts Game Changer
    EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »

Should be able to pick a server we play on like most games. I’d rather wait a bit longer for a more quality game then to find a fast one with less quality connection.
    Well, you can set it to exact region. But might not find anything as a westerner.
    ]Might just be time of day.
    Well, you can set it to exact region. But might not find anything as a westerner. [/quote]

4pm now. The kids are out of school and should be be home creating their pro any minute.

Well, you can set it to exact region. But might not find anything as a westerner.

I know you can set it to “exact” in the EASHL settings. That’s what I do but I don’t about HUT. Anytime i played HUT things got funky.
  • Socair
    1820 posts Game Changer

I know you can set it to “exact” in the EASHL settings. That’s what I do but I don’t about HUT. Anytime i played HUT things got funky.
    Ok, but not a HUT topic, so didn’t know.

Ok, but not a HUT topic, so didn’t know.

Ah true. My bad.

Forgive if I am wrong, but far as I know, when you boot up the game, you don't know which server you're on. So if by coincidence you are on the West server, and you're an East Coast, setting it to exact would not make you play games that are only West Coast? Or does exact set you on the server closest to you regardless?
  • Socair
    1820 posts Game Changer
    edited October 16

Forgive if I am wrong, but far as I know, when you boot up the game, you don't know which server you're on. So if by coincidence you are on the West server, and you're an East Coast, setting it to exact would not make you play games that are only West Coast? Or does exact set you on the server closest to you regardless?

@WainGretSki you can check which server you’re connecting to at any time by going into the club search option. The recommended region is where you’re being routed. Match making in drop in solo will exclude you to that server region, so it could take longer to find a match if you’re west. If it’s a group search like in club or group drop it will ping all those in lobby and then decide which region is best to exclusively search.

@WainGretSki you can check which server you’re connecting to at any time by going into the club search option. The recommended region is where you’re being routed. Match making in drop in solo will exclude you to that server region, so it could take longer to find a match if you’re west. If it’s a group search like in club or group drop it will ping all those in lobby and then decide which region is best to exclusively search.

Thank-you!

Lately it's been okay for me. But first 2 to 3 weeks, it was always random where it put me. Rarely put me on the correct western server.