EA Forums - Banner

Goal Songs & Goalie Masks

SpecialRicky93
2 posts Member
edited September 2019
Why can’t we have the actual goal songs? If it’s an issue of having to pay the artists royalties. Why not sell the horns/songs to those who would pay for them? At best it would be nice if we could be able to get music customization back!
So you can have a billion different things in world of chel, however when it comes to the the classic part of the game we get essentially the same masks since mid 2000’s. How about a goalie mask creator/editor option?

[Socair - edited title to remove all caps formatting]
Post edited by Socair on

Replies

• What bothers me the most is that there are plenty of unique goalie masks designs you can unlock in WoC, but none of them are available in offline game modes? It's ridiculous.
  • MaxPac67
    150 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    If you prefer spending money on a (once again) terrible soundtrack to authentic goal songs, and if you are not willing to bring back custom music, at least let us choose goal songs for every team, like we are able to in create a team. Some teams have had ridiculous goal songs for years, and for some (especially VGK) the song even starts before the horn kicks in. Come on, give us offline guys some customization options, it can't be that hard, can it...

And yes, as the OP said, I would pay extra for something like custom music, if done properly (take a look at MLB the Show), even if it's against my principles. So if it's all about the money, which it seems to be, I think there are offline guys who would be willing to spend some extra dollars.
    Post edited by MaxPac67 on
  • refined98
    89 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Been ranted this for many many years... EA say's they rather do some gameplay changes than focusing on arena music. Same comes to mask editor, they think it's not important thing to do.
  • MaxPac67
    150 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    refined98 wrote: »
    Been ranted this for many many years... EA say's they rather do some gameplay changes than focusing on arena music. Same comes to mask editor, they think it's not important thing to do.

That's just a very weak excuse IMO. If they brought back custom music and introduced a mask creator, sure this would take a little time and some resources. But after that they would never ever have to care about goal songs and masks again, and let us do it.
    Post edited by MaxPac67 on
  • Froommey
    800 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Open the Goalie masks for offline Teams and add some new to the game. Why is it not possible to wear Goalie masks from Junior Teams for NHL or AHL Goalies ? It would give each Goalie more individual looking at the game. It’s boring to see every Goalie of each Team playing with the same two Team masks.
  • That's the problem we have seen these same masks like five years a row... some new came three years ago. Just one of many big things which takes the authentic feeling away from this game.
  • MaxPac67 wrote: »
    If you prefer spending money on a (once again) terrible soundtrack to authentic goal songs, and if you are not willing to bring back custom music, at least let us choose goal songs for every team, like we are able to in create a team. Some teams have had ridiculous goal songs for years, and for some (especially VGK) the song even starts before the horn kicks in. Come on, give us offline guys some customization options, it can't be that hard, can it...

And yes, as the OP said, I would pay extra for something like custom music, if done properly (take a look at MLB the Show), even if it's against my principles. So if it's all about the money, which it seems to be, I think there are offline guys who would be willing to spend some extra dollars.

+1!!!!!

It really shouldn't be that hard to at a MINIMUM, allow us to choose which generic songs each team uses as their goal song. Especially in Franchise mode for crying out loud.
  • Over and out. Same as for this year like previous years, so again new masks will not come.