EA Forums - Banner

Zack Stortini shows us Game balancing exists

I would like to personally thank Zack Stortini for proving that game balancing is still alive and well in HUT. I just played an opponent who ran out a team of almost all silver 73 and below. Zack Stortini with these following attributes;
Acceleration 79
Agility 79
Speed 80
Deking 62
Hand-Eye 59
Puck Control 62
Off. Awareness 58

Blew by my very good well rested lines with what could be described as only magical like speed and puck control. Lit up the lamp after dancing through traffic 3 times for the hatty....

He wasn’t alone as all his low level silver players played with the precision, speed, puck control, and skill of the NHLs historic best. The likes of my McDavid, Tarshenko, Robitaille, Subban, and Leetch were Seemingly no match against these silver no names. I always step behind and the puck was knocked away easily as these Silver magicians closed 7 stride gaps in mere seconds. AI wise they were always in the perfect spot defensively.

I did manage to win the game 4-3 but man did those guys play like legends.....either game balancing exists or ratings are virtually meaningless. You decide

Replies

• jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Tonysl79 wrote: »
    It’s your connection that’s the only answer that is accepted here. Any other theories or explanations are simply not true because ea has told us this so many times. So there you go, case closed.

I would be happy to believe that if anyone from EA can explain how a bad connection makes one teams AI play smart and another one play bad. I find it hard to imagine a bad connection makes my D man skate away from the man in the slot..... I find it hard to believe that bad connection makes the puck glued to one teams stick despite physical contact......I find it hard to believe that a bad connection makes your AI goalie allow 3 goals on only 5 shots.....just saying
  • We all know it exists.
  • Of course it's thing . and sometimes it's so blatantly obvious it's ridiculous that the deny that it's in the game
  • I think its largely connection based, not a script to allow an advantage. If you are, for the sake of argument, 1 second behind your opponent, you are going to feel like his silver cards are faster then your golds when it's just delay.

I used to feel this a lot on peer to peer but it seemed to be less of an issue when they rolled out dedicated servers.
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    I can see some stuff being connection based but the switch last year from peer to peer to server connection highlighted this whole thing. I get it that speed and puck control can be affected by the connection but I simply can’t see how connection can make your AI wander and be a useless part of the game. I don’t know how it makes your goalie terrible.

End of the day wether it’s a bad connection because of terrible servers, game balancing, RNG, or a poorly designed mode, so many things happen out of user control that influence the outcome of too many of these games.

You can see it from the minute the puck drops. Since this mode is all about who can rag the puck more until you have an opening for the yearly unfixed money goals, skate behind the net (the proverbial Gretzky office) with the puck. Your opponent will come from one side and the AI will come in from the other and play you perfect. The other AI defenseman will tie your teammate up in front and stick to him like glue. Same thing if you skate into a corner your opponent will give chase and he will get perfect support from an AI teammate and the wings will have your points covered. By the way this is how it should be.

When your on the other side of this random AI play. Your AI defensemen wander all over your end. They abandon the man in front of the net and they don’t press in the corners. The wingers wander leaving at least one point man open. On a 2 on 2 if you play the puck carrier just as they reach perfect shooting location your AI teammate will collapse to your side allowing the quick pass for a shot and usually a goal.

All these things Ive described either assist in scoring or help fight against the most commonly scored goals in HUT. It doesn’t matter what your strategies are set on it happens randomly and it goes both for and against you. It’s instantly noticeable.

Post edited by jake19ny on
  • flyextacy wrote: »
    I think its largely connection based, not a script to allow an advantage. If you are, for the sake of argument, 1 second behind your opponent, you are going to feel like his silver cards are faster then your golds when it's just delay.

I used to feel this a lot on peer to peer but it seemed to be less of an issue when they rolled out dedicated servers.

You are every year telling same things.. I have usualy 20 ping and lower card are in skilled hands more dangerous then higher.. Yes, connection do many of bad crap things in this game, but you still refuse this, even when people told you, they tested it.
  • Oupik wrote: »
    flyextacy wrote: »
    I think its largely connection based, not a script to allow an advantage. If you are, for the sake of argument, 1 second behind your opponent, you are going to feel like his silver cards are faster then your golds when it's just delay.

You are every year telling same things.. I have usualy 20 ping and lower card are in skilled hands more dangerous then higher.. Yes, connection do many of bad crap things in this game, but you still refuse this, even when people told you, they tested it.

Of course lower rated cards used by a more skilled person will be more dangerous. I’ve already said connection plays a role in some things.....That doesn’t change how the AI plays and nobody has tested that and nobody has a rational or legitimate answer as to the random play of AI teammates and goalie.

There is no argument against the fact that if your AI plays smart you have a better chance of winning as opposed to your AI playing poorly and wandering around aimlessly.....like I said if somebody can prove that's connection related I gladly listen with an open mind.

Yes I’m saying the same thing every year.....we get the same game every year....
  • Oupik wrote: »
    flyextacy wrote: »

I've been playing since 11 and have tested it every year. The game does not handicap higher rated cards. EA has said it doesnt exist.

We can agree to disagree but you have no factual evidence of what your saying to be true.

Again run a silver team against a gold team for 10 straight games each and see what the outcome is.
  • They have patent out on DDA and it's very interesting how it's applied to players ,so no I don't believe what EA says
  • yes, its called ice tilt ..lower teams will reap benefits against highly stacked teams. There is no argument, its proven by its million of users who use it on a daily basis. I dont need EA to tell me that.
  • Oupik
    88 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    [Removed edited quote]

I doesn't need to proof you anything, I know what I see... Its not every game,,, but theare is not doubt about it. They need to keep new players have a funn, and this is a way.
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Well I tested it. As soon as I saw the difference in my AI and my opponents I controlled only 1 player in my end. Not one of my AI guys pressed the puck carrier. Not one of my AI guys went to the corners or behind the net. Not one of my AI guys covered the man in the slot. Some of them just stood totally still and others wandered about. When I had the puck his AI cut off all passing lanes, tied up my man in front of the net and aggressively pursued me with proper angles and swarmed me in the corners.

Still waiting for an explanation as to how connection dictates wether your AI teammates will actually play or just stand and wander around. Don’t bother saying strategies I’ve experiment with every set out there in the past this AI Nonsense is totally random and not related to what strategies you use
  • ok , everyone here , do this. Start a game vs the CPU . Take the puck behind your net and stand there for a 5-10 seconds. Just watch how your players set up their breakout. It doenst matter what set up you have, the players will remain in a stand still "Twitch" and not move until you cross over the goal line ready to breakout. This just shows how the CPU in this game is broken . CPU awareness in this game , Offensively and defensively , is just as bad as is was on the previous versions.
  • I tested it with two Xboxes. One team is given an AI boost but not all the time. It's likely to ensure that you are never happy with your team which makes you more likely to buy packs.
  • Another thing blatantly obvious. The worse your opponents skill level the better his AI will play. In addition if your team is a much better build you will notice your passes are worse and passing and shooting very in accurate. It’s plain as day but I guess that’s connection related too....amazing how your internet knows when you are playing a less skilled player or a team with much weaker cards. Fascinating
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Lol....just played a game where every time I had the puck an AI opponent player would swarm me with lightening speed. When my human opponent had the puck my AI did nothing. When I had the puck his AI teammates had everyone covered. When he had the puck everyone was open and my AI teammates just bunched up in the middle of the ice like a flock of birds doing nothing leaving his team wide open.

Just to show this isn’t being sour grapes the next game was my turn to have the AI advantage. The next game both teams AI played good. It’s either random or something triggers the advantage. Either way it’s stupid.

I’m still waiting for this to be explained as a connection issue.
  • Tonysl79 wrote: »
    Hey jake19 good luck. Let us know what ea tells you.

They won’t answer direct questions on this subject. Just blanket denials and answers that don’t address the specific questions. I’ve been trying for years lol.