EA Forums - Banner

[Create Team] Please patch in some sort of "copy uniform template" to apply to Away, Alternate unis

Starting from scratch for each uniform set seems pretty unnecessary to me, takes MUCH longer than it should, and is screaming for some quality of life. Please patch in a way to copy Home template, then upon going to Away and/or Alternate, "paste" or use the previously copied template from Home. It's pretty fatiguing to move on to Away after completing your Home uniforms, and everything is reset to default. Copying template and applying to the other uniforms can shave off finding the right colors, picking same jersey, fonts, the works.

That saves a ton of time for Away jerseys, as usually (for those of us who create teams somewhat realistically) only socks, and a few color pieces on the jerseys and helmets are different.

Replies

• Starting from scratch for each uniform set seems pretty unnecessary to me, takes MUCH longer than it should, and is screaming for some quality of life. Please patch in a way to copy Home template, then upon going to Away and/or Alternate, "paste" or use the previously copied template from Home. It's pretty fatiguing to move on to Away after completing your Home uniforms, and everything is reset to default. Copying template and applying to the other uniforms can shave off finding the right colors, picking same jersey, fonts, the works.

That saves a ton of time for Away jerseys, as usually (for those of us who create teams somewhat realistically) only socks, and a few color pieces on the jerseys and helmets are different.

Not only that but a "left trigger" drop down menu would be a 100x more efficient than the current editor now. There's more pages in EA NHL menu than a Cheesecake Factory. Embarrassing.
    Visit my NHL/Bruins blog: BostonPucks.com
  • Efbomb
    192 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    It is a little tedious, but I’m used to it now.

I do have a few other gripes though. One is that the Islanders jersey template has been a little wonky since they patched it in last year. I had hoped that they fixed it for 20, but apparently not.

The logo sits too low. It almost touches the upper stripe on the hem of the jersey. It’s a shame too. It’s a classic looking jersey. I’d love to use it, but the way it looks drives me nuts.

Yeah, I could use the CCM template, but compared to the Adidas bigger, slimmer jerseys, it looks too tiny. It looks like I do when I try on my old jerseys from 25 years ago.

Another thing that bothers me is that the Hawks template is wrong as well. The white at the bottom should extend to the hem line. There’s also no template for their socks, but thats another issue as there’s a quite a few other teams sock templates missing.

All in all, you can make the actual full uniform of about roughly 20 teams. All the rest, either the jersey, sock or pant template is wrong, or missing all together.
  • Would be great to be able to use alumni umiforms in create a team as well, so that you can edit the arenas etc.
  • Efbomb
    192 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Would be great to be able to use alumni umiforms in create a team as well, so that you can edit the arenas etc.

Totally. It would be huge. To have the templates of the old jerseys would be amazing.

I’m actually making all the alumni teams in CAT just for the purpose of replicating the old arenas and so that I can use retired numbers for my season.

But now I have the problem of recreating the older jerseys. It’s a challenge to get them 100% accurate, because the templates don’t exist, but if it looks close enough, then I’m ok with it.

The biggest challenge is the Nordiques and Whalers jerseys. Such iconic looking jerseys are impossible to replicate to even 50% accuracy. And I don’t want to use the actual Alumni team because the retired numbers will be unavailable once the season starts (so I’ve read).

Yeah, it’s a huge undertaking. Not only am I recreating all the teams, but I’m going through the rosters, getting rid of duplicate players and making CAPs of players who should be on certain teams.

I’d love to start listing missing players, but’s that’s for another thread.