EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 gameplay Complaints/Suggestions/Improvements

Replies

• rowe33
    1 posts New member
    EASHL:

* Would be great to see a full right goalie mixed into the endless repetition of King and Lockhart in net. There's simply no reason for this to be absent after so many iterations of NHL.

* I'd like to be able to set up names, details, traits, etc, for computer players that fill in if we don't have a full 3v3 or 6v6 team. How is this not a feature after years of online play?

* During breaks in the action, why can't we see what's happening in the concession or upper viewing areas? How will I know if the guy in the blue shirt is still watching the game if I don't get a shot of him every other faceoff? EA should make it a point to provide game-long coverage of these areas instead of a quick replay or just shortening the pause altogether.
  • Here is still this stupid AI penalties, like 7-8/ powerlay and shorthanded for every game on be a pro. Im playing more powerplay or shorthanded than 5 vs. 5. This really su*ks...

And thats why i need play 25-27 minutes for every game, im center and playmaker and play like defencemans minutes...
  • And again, this is AI fault, not wrong slider or nothing what i can change... non-playable game.
  • I’m digging the feel of the gameplay this year! I didn’t think improving the shot mechanics would make it that much better but it has!

I have a couple small things that I’d like to see in future updates or instalments.

Like how NHL games track a teams record over 10 games it’d be helpful if you could track points for players over a 5, 10 and/or 20 game span. I’m always tinkering with line combos so it would help to have this feature to see who plays well with who.

I’m extremely superficial when it comes to NHL so I’d like to see it added that I can perform any of the goal celebrations with a combination of buttons like how fifa does it.

As an Ottawa Senators fan Id like to see Thomas Chabots likeness and his actual last name in the game. The in house arena announcer announces his name as “Sha-bow” which is...wrong.

Also, I’ve noticed this with Colin White that his last years stats are missing from the game and is viewed as a rookie. I scored a goal with him in franchise mode and the announcers were saying it was his first which again...is wrong.

I’m liking the presentation package but the announcers still need work. Generally they refer to teams as they and them and players as him or he as opposed to actually calling them by their team or player names. I also found the announcing to be quite choppy with random phrases as opposed to a flowing stream of consciousness.

Overall I’m a fan but the improvements I’ve laid out above would make a big difference!
  • Played a game as PIT (Position lock on RD) vs WSH.

I would say about 95% of the goals scored were to the goalies right on both teams. Seemed that was the main area the CPU took shots at. There didn't seem to be variety in areas of the net.

The game felt like Superstar mode with how easy the CPU could score and how tough they played.

CPU would score on the simplest of shots, but my players couldn't do anything or hit the net very much.

Puck felt super glued to WSH players sticks. They could skate through your DEF even though you're poke checking, checking, etc.... Nothing could knock the puck off their stick.

The issue where you check a player and they jump right back up and get the puck before you is AGAIN another issue EA refused to address.

Another (again) issue where the player can check you by barely touching you, but you can't hit them.
  • Moxrox84 wrote: »
    Swee9LoU84 wrote: »
    Moxrox84 wrote: »
    The shadows in drop in are killing me...my eyes get strained from a single game. It's a game breaking issue for me now.

Drop in is brutal, check out Leaguegaming.com

The league might not be for everyone but using the NHL-AHL-CHL chatbox to find people to club with is fantastic and 10xs better players and hockey than drop ins

I played LG long enough...no offense to you, but I found the environment toxic. I've found a good group of guys in another league, but I still can't play club that much as my primary playing time is during the day. So, I play drop in primarily. No idea why they removed such a fun aspect of the online world.

Like I said just use the chatbox for club, a lot of guys play club during the day. I know the LG League can be toxic and tough to get on good teams or find good people
  • How did we make it all the way to NHL 20 and goalies diving out to intentionally trip a player trying to get back and/or diving out to intentionally trip a player trying to forecheck behind the net isn't a penalty, but yet if I sneeze on a goalie during a shot it's goalie interference?
  • complaints

1. Online input delay/latency, as usual!!!
    2. LT skating abuse
    3. Passes get intercepted to easily, punishes passing play style
  • Swee9LoU84 wrote: »
    GIVE US THE SMALL SCOREBOARD IN THE TOP CORNER. It's in other game modes like pro-am and arcade 3s, why the hell do we have to use a giant flashing scoreboard that prevents us from seeing the puck behind our own net?

Imagine being a 24/7 DMan and losing your player behind the scoreboard all the time. :|
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • AI Goalies are getting shredded in EASHL. Now I know the "ideal" scenario is to have human v human goalies but we need to be realistic - that almost never happens and the odds of a goalie dropping out early is pretty high. I think most people playing online now are fairly seasoned if not very experienced. Most of us would enjoy a AI goalie that's almost too difficult, rather than a leaky embarrassment that can't track lateral skating without leaving the net wide open.
  • AI Goalies are getting shredded in EASHL. Now I know the "ideal" scenario is to have human v human goalies but we need to be realistic - that almost never happens and the odds of a goalie dropping out early is pretty high. I think most people playing online now are fairly seasoned if not very experienced. Most of us would enjoy a AI goalie that's almost too difficult, rather than a leaky embarrassment that can't track lateral skating without leaving the net wide open.

AI goalies have always gotten killed in EASHL bc theyre easy to glitch just like in VS/HUT. Check out LeagueGaming.com and use their chatbox if you are ever in need of a goalie. There are players looking to play at all hours of the day/night, especially Gs

I've never seen the AI goalies giving up what they are right now. It seems like AI goalies give up just about everything right now.

As for human goalies, at least in drop in...I wouldn't know, they all suck so bad they quit after the first goal, and the second goalie usually quits if it gets tied up.
  • The game has many improvements that I love including new shot animations and goalie save animations, and no overpowered glitch goals that I’ve noticed yet. But the pass interceptions are atrocious. People on here saying you need to create space. True. But even when you do create space and make a good pass, a defender skating the opposite direction reaches backwards as far as he can to intercept it. And if this happened occasionally, fine, but it happens a TON. Almost makes eashl unplayable
  • Team play is not rewarded nearly enough. My team has lost most of our games despite winning every statistical category by LARGE margins. Losing 4-2 when we have 25+ shots to the opposing teams 8-10 WITHOUT MY TEAM GIVING UP A PENALTY is EXTREMELY frustrating. I'll add that our TOA is usually 2 -8 minutes better. This is not an exaggeration. I have several pics if you would like to see them.
  • > @emosher13 said:
    > The game has many improvements that I love including new shot animations and goalie save animations, and no overpowered glitch goals that I’ve noticed yet. But the pass interceptions are atrocious. People on here saying you need to create space. True. But even when you do create space and make a good pass, a defender skating the opposite direction reaches backwards as far as he can to intercept it. And if this happened occasionally, fine, but it happens a TON. Almost makes eashl unplayable

Are you playing the same game as everyone else? The same glitch goals from NHL 19 go in and they are even more OP. The AI goalies are nothing more than glorified traffic cones in this game.
  • Are you playing the same game as everyone else? The same glitch goals from NHL 19 go in and they are even more OP. The AI goalies are nothing more than glorified traffic cones in this game.

I was automatic rushing up the right wing against 2 ai D last year, cut across the top, coast, shoot top right. This year, I'm shooting like 5% on that shot.
    No surprise that same breakaway moves work, but after 10 games I havent found my cheese shot.
    EASHL player
  • My biggest wish for NHL 21 is to be treated like Madden 21.
  • orion41080 wrote: »
    Team play is not rewarded nearly enough. My team has lost most of our games despite winning every statistical category by LARGE margins. Losing 4-2 when we have 25+ shots to the opposing teams 8-10 WITHOUT MY TEAM GIVING UP A PENALTY is EXTREMELY frustrating. I'll add that our TOA is usually 2 -8 minutes better. This is not an exaggeration. I have several pics if you would like to see them.

Be careful with that type of statement - soon enough people will come in here and tell you that the team with 8-10 shots had better scoring opportunities than you with your 25+ and that you likely just shot the puck on net from everywhere. Additionally, your 2-8 minutes in additional TOA was probably just too much cycling of the puck without getting into any prime scoring areas. I say this because early into 19 I too came to these forums to complain that the team who clearly dominates the game is not rewarded nearly enough and I even supplied screenshots of post game stats (ie. outshooting 30 to 5 and losing 3-2 with quadruple TOA, 75+ passing % etc etc etc.

The game has evolved to hinder opponents who in previous iterations of this series would destroy teams with nearly double digit goal counts. AI becomes lost, players can't execute passes, pucks cant find the net, etc. Call it DDA, call it whatever you want...it's been apparent for quite some time. I never thought I would ever get to a point where buying the new version of NHL wasnt on my list of to do's in the month of September as it is the only game I have always made sure to get my hands on year after year. No chance I buy NHL 20 until I can come on this forum and see every member of this community who shares my sentiments giving the game a round of applause.
  • Why has the ability to check the goalies been taken out of NHL 20? That was hysterical to be able to check them in NHL 19 and see them pop back up and do hysterical acrobatic flips higher than the net or see their helmet go flying. PLEASE put that back in the game.
  • Has anyone else noticed these two things i've come across playing against the AI

I'm finding my own AI is taking penalties and putting me down 2 times a game at least. Possibly 3. At first I thought I was doing something wrong until I started watching the replays and sure enough my AI teammate is hooking or tripping the computer AI team.

I almost take no penalties, mainly because using any defense tactic sends you to the box 9/10 times if not perfectly executed.

And its not like I'm putting the AI in that position. Its a way from the play which is the funny part.

The second thing I"m starting to see is disallowed goals from my players screening the goalie but they never make contact.

I've watched the replay and the player just passes in front a while a shot is being taken and its immediately waved off.

Find it weird. Also, if you put that in the game, dont make it automatic. Its stupid, cheap, and just skip the replay. Point of a disallowed goal is the suspense of a call being over turned. Very first year they put this in back in 98-99 or close to that did, now its just an automatic
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.