EA Forums - Banner

just wondering if anyone likes this game?

Prev1
Cranky1962
36 posts Member
edited September 2019
i do

Replies

• No...............
  • Socair
    2810 posts Game Changer
    @Cranky1962 if you could add some feedback that would be great. Otherwise I’ll close this thread as it’s not going allow others to engage in discussion without any actual content.
  • LT skating is ruining the game.
    Passes are too easily intercepted which punishes passing teams and rewards one man show hockey.
    Online input delay/latency is still bad in this game.
  • Cranky1962
    36 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Socair wrote: »
    @Cranky1962 if you could add some feedback that would be great. Otherwise I’ll close this thread as it’s not going allow others to engage in discussion without any actual content.

I'm just stating I like the game . Do what ever you have to . cheers
    Post edited by Cranky1962 on
  • sgiz1 wrote: »
    LT skating is ruining the game.
    Passes are too easily intercepted which punishes passing teams and rewards one man show hockey.

I actually like single player modes. Online modes are ruined and unplayable reason mentoned above.
  • I've played games in franchise. It feels and plays way better than last year. Players picking up the puck in stride is very noticeable. Skating feels improved. Comparing to last year it is definitely better.
  • Still a long way to go(player separation, AI, outdated player models) but I will say this is the first time in a long time that I've enjoyed a hockey game, and I'm a harsh critic of EA NHL. I really do like the gameplay and Franchise improvements. However, I'm an offline only player using sliders. I personally can't stand this game online.
  • Tylytys wrote: »
    sgiz1 wrote: »

I actually like single player modes. Online modes are ruined and unplayable reason mentoned above.

Too bad the only mode to ever change for the better offline is Franchise. Be a pro lost some simple, yet very helpful features from 18-19 (line change alert near your stamina so you can see you need to change wherever you are, shot counter in simming screen was handy I could tell if I needed to be taking more shots without pausing) and it seems they weren’t even added back in 20.

I can only play offline modes and I’m so frustrated they don’t do anything with them. There’s so much they can do, especially with presentation because I was pissed I didn’t get to see my pro hoist the cup.
  • Offline mode is fine while online modes is still infested with input lag and cheaters. I would only recommend this game for offline mode only.
  • Tylytys wrote: »
    sgiz1 wrote: »

This game is fantastic. Feels so much better than last year and especially 18.

Stop trying to force passes through traffic. Create space by pulling opponents out of position. Use your teammates and cycle. Utilize the saucer pass. It's crucial to learn how to use it this year.
  • With some adjustments here and there the game wouldn't be bad for online game play , offline the game plays great
  • i think its the only NHL i dislike in all NHL on xbox.

Every game have 10 goals scored, player mega fast , no way to defend ..

i really dislike this new nhl , but if people are happy , i guess its good for ea sport.
  • It all depends on what you play. I personally only play 6s and find the game is the best it has been on this gen. Some tweaks are needed for sure such nerfing the LT backskate as well as pulling the stick back and protecting the puck but it is definitely an improvement over last year.
  • As an offline franchise mode player who didn't care for NHL 19 after playing a ton of NHL 18, I'm having a blast with NHL 20. You guys did a fantastic job with commentary, presentation, puck pickups, goalie improvements, puck physics and many other improvements. To me, it's all about having fun and enjoying myself after a long day of work and NHL 20 is a huge improvement over NHL 19, at least for single player, offline franchise mode.

Big thanks to the NHL team this year, at least imho.
  • Believe it or not Socair, the game is actually pretty good this year.

Get rid of the replays after every period though, like ohmygod, Enough!
  • Above1988 wrote: »
    Believe it or not Socair, the game is actually pretty good this year.

Get rid of the replays after every period though, like ohmygod, Enough!

Get rid of ALL replays in ALL online modes, PERIOD!! It's always been too much, but now EA made it even worse. Stop wasting my time already.
  • At least get rid of the overzised logo spinning on the screen, it just looks bad.
  • Game is good.
    “If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have the key to the universe.” - Nikola Tesla

• Guess others have engaged ....
  • Game play is better this year, squad battles is a great addition, online play is still a bit iffy because of the L2 spammers. Generally I’m like it