EA Forums - Banner

Is this the end ?

Will try to describe and explain NHL 20's shortcomings in such a simple and concise manner.
EASHL, which is always left in the shadow of HUT, is a disappointment in NHL 20.
We who play where promised:
* Better goalkeepers
* Better computer player
* Fewer glitchgoals
* Better defense
* Better powerplay
so on ... and so on ...
What did we get then?
We got an even worse goalkeepers in the game, if that possible.
Backhandgoals are now even more OP and goals are scored with simple shots, without coverage or good angles.
They dont handle the rebounds any better, and the panicsaves does not happen.
We got defenders who are easily overtaken.
Even with the fastest defender, you have no chance.
We shouldn't even talk about hitting, since they have been removed almost entirely.
What did you get then?
Well you got an arcade version of what should be most similar to "the real stuff".
The game loses credibility and in development you are back to 2014/2015.
This is a very serious problem.
It will mean even fewer playing EASHL and that means there will only be HUT left.
As well as some single Franshice players.
To fail so terribly with a game released in 2020 is almost impossible.
There must be better developers and employees at EA Sports who understand better than this.
Otherwise, they can shut down future versions and let another manufacturer take over the NHL as a game.
As it is relatively obvious that time, money and energy are spent on FIFA and Madden.
Redo, patch and make changes.
Otherwise, the game is dead before it's even been born.

Replies

• Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    This is the end of nothing. A big youtuber whom I wont name has a video where he plays a guy in HUT who says hes already spend $900 on packs and the game was only out for 3 days.

The final score was something like 8-5 which he described as the best games hes played so far. Clearly goaltending and defence aren't what these influencers want. Dangles, snipes and cellies is what they want, this is was everyone else gets.
  • It’s sad that EA SPORTS wants the game to be played like that. How often are there actually 13 goals scored in a hockey game? At professional levels it happens a few times a season. If what you say is true about goalies being worse than there’s no hope left for this franchise in my eyes. Sure people will still spend $900 on hut. All that mean is EA can keep releasing this garbage year after year. Nothing is going to change whatsoever, and I keep coming back to this but remember NHL 15? They removed everything. Everything. And still thought it was ok to release that at $80? That should’ve been our first and only warning we needed. The series hasn’t been fun since last gen consoles. They don’t care about what they put out they just make empty promises so people will preorder. It’s a disgrace.
  • I was surprised when I looked on the back of the game case, and the engine said ignite. I thought it had the frostbite engine.
    Madden fan since 93.
  • I was surprised when I looked on the back of the game case, and the engine said ignite. I thought it had the frostbite engine.

They havent made the jump yet. They probably wont on this gen either.
  • I think the NHL developers are waiting until PS5 is on the market to make their engine transformation. At the earliest it could be next year. I'm not certain what month though. There's no way the game sticks with ignite when the PS5 and Xbox Scarlet are released.
    Madden fan since 93.
  • If everyone thinks EA is catering to HUT so much that the other game modes suffer, why not just release a different tuner for each mode to keep everyone happy?
  • Rubbish all those HUT stuff.. pay to win
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    net_rogue1 wrote: »
    If everyone thinks EA is catering to HUT so much that the other game modes suffer, why not just release a different tuner for each mode to keep everyone happy?

You would think right? No need to change the formula, just tweak the settings a bit for each different play mode and voila! But that would be the smart thing to do, so it'll never happen. Heck it hasn't happened in years, why should it start now?

[Edited for call out]
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • EA_Roger
    1483 posts EA Community Manager
    @Taste-D-Rainbow didn't name the streamer, so let's not guess who it is, it was just an example to illustrate their point. This conversation isn't about a particular streamer and calling them out, so let's stop with the naming & shaming. I'm removed any comments calling them out.
  • EA must protect their streamers because the few of them that are out there and their followers are actually the only few publicly supporting the game. The couple YouTubers I actually watch don’t like the game and surprise surprise EA doesn’t listen or even really acknowledge them.
  • i also hate this nhl.. way too much offensive.
  • EA_Roger
    1483 posts EA Community Manager
    EA must protect their streamers because the few of them that are out there and their followers are actually the only few publicly supporting the game. The couple YouTubers I actually watch don’t like the game and surprise surprise EA doesn’t listen or even really acknowledge them.

I don't want to side track this conversation too much but I will say this. It's not about liking the game or not, in fact if all of the Game Changers were just a bunch of "Yes men" we wouldn't really gain anything from that. A lot of them criticize the game but it's constructive feedback that we can act on. We even have this called out in our Game Changer FAQ:
    WHAT IF I POST NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ON THE GAME, OR EA?
    If a Game Changer posts a negative review or content about the company or one of our games that is honest and constructive – they will have our thanks and full support. We demand that our Game Changers act with honesty with us, with our dev teams, and with the community. Sometimes this can make things uncomfortable! EA is committed to being player first and earning the trust of our community. We make mistakes and get things wrong all the time. For our teams to improve and get better, we need our Game Changers to keep it real.

https://www.ea.com/game-changers/faq#q1

To add to this, even if it was a YouTuber that despised the game we'd remove his name if he was getting called out. We did this a couple of years back for BaconCountry (I think it was him...), one of his videos was published about how terrible the AI was and he got a lot of hate here. The thread ended up getting closed because of people calling him out.
  • my apologies for the call out then
  • i also hate this nhl.. way too much offensive.

For me it's been that way for a while, if offense was hard the majority would freak out. IMO, defense has always been hindered, the reason LT was never removed I believe.
  • I have major issues with how online plays. I also am very disappointed to see so many legacy issues still unresolved, wandering AI, no roster share, and zero player separation....that said the offline game would be so much better if goalies weren’t so awful, there were more loose pucks instead bumper car hockey, and they bring back the puck carrier stumbling a bit and losing control of the puck when contact is made. That last one was in the beta last year. When the forward tried skate down the boards with the puck contact by a defender made him momentarily lose balance and the puck squirted free. This looked a felt so realistic but it was wiped out in the first NHL 19 tuner....I wish I knew the sliders to recreate that effect