EA Forums - Banner

In 3's EASHL Is The Offensive Strategy Still Stuck On Aggressive

Hello. In NHL 20, playing 3's in EASHL, is the offensive strategy still stuck on aggressive? In 19, this caused the AI D to constantly crash the net and give up numerous breakaways. It also caused him to charge whichever opponent had the puck, whether on of us was covering that player or not, oftentimes cutting you off and leaving his guy wide open on the other side of the net. This was one of the most frustrating things about 19, and I'm not sure I can buy the new game if this has not been addressed. Below is a thread involving NHL Devs where they addressed the issue, but it was never fixed in 19.

https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/236662/eashl-3s-ai-dmen

Has anybody noticed whether this has been changed?

Thanks for any info!

Replies

• It hasn't been changed. If you're a forward and you are even remotely high in the offensive zone the AI thinks that's a free invitation to pinch in and be of no help. I'm almost certain that setting the strategies is a placebo because the AI sure as heck doesn't abide by them.
  • > @phil7488 said:
    > It hasn't been changed. If you're a forward and you are even remotely high in the offensive zone the AI thinks that's a free invitation to pinch in and be of no help. I'm almost certain that setting the strategies is a placebo because the AI sure as heck doesn't abide by them.

Well crud. That's basically a deal breaker for me. I don't want to pay $60 to suffer through another year of such a silly problem.

@NHLDev

Can we please get this resolved? It was brought to your attention a year ago, and it's such a little stupid thing.
  • Socair
    2493 posts Game Changer
    edited September 2019
    You CAN change that strat now. The A.I. will play aggressively at times, but it’s not nearly as bad as last year imo.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • > @Socair said:
    > You CAN change that strat now. The A.I. will play aggressively at times, but it’s not nearly as bad as last year imo.

Thank you for the response. I could honestly live with him crashing the net all the time and giving up so many breakaways, but the worst thing for me is when he leaves his guy on the other side of the ice to come after the guy I'm already, getting in my way in the process, and leaving his guy wide open. I can't even believe that that is a thing that would somehow even be programmed into the game. It's baffling!