EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

Video proof that pass interceptions are indeed broken

2Next

Replies

• phil7488
    77 posts Member
    edited September 18
    The problem you guys are failing to realize that regardless if it’s a bad pass or not, there shouldn’t be an immediate pick up and the play going the other way. I don’t have a problem with the defender reaching his stick out but that causes a deflection in real hockey life

That being said defense sucks in this game so I’m not that upset about it if the turnover is from a forward. If that’s a pass at the blue line from a dman frick right off

If he's a stride or 2 closer to the lane then it's a non issue. The snappy unrealistic reaction time along with it being one handed on the back hand and picked clean is the main issue. Not to mention the puck is already by the blade of his stick anyway and then tractor beams back for instant possession. And I'm using a playmaker here btw with laser passing.
  • EpiCxOwNeD
    587 posts Member
    edited September 18
    1st clip: That wasn’t a good pass. You can see one of the players looking right at the puck and got a clean interception.

8jzc4e5dz3we.jpeg

A saucer pass would have probably increased your chance of getting it to your teammate.

2nd clip: That is annoying. It started happening in NHL 19 and decreased the usage of slap passes for me. At least make the puck deflect or bounce off his stick.

3rd clip: I think that’s a little too much of a clean interception and too fast of a pass to get that puck.

Oh i should mention this. Since you’re on Xbox, you don’t need to upload your clips to OneDrive and post them here. When a clip is done uploading on the Xbox, you can go here https://gamerdvr.com/ to see all your clips. Just enter your gamer tag and all your clips will pop up.
  • EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    1st clip: That wasn’t a good pass. You can see one of the players looking right at the puck and got a clean interception.

8jzc4e5dz3we.jpeg

A saucer pass would have probably increased your chance of getting it to your teammate.

2nd clip: That is annoying. It started happening in NHL 19 and decreased the usage of slap passes for me. At least make the puck deflect or bounce off his stick.

3rd clip: I think that’s a little too much of a clean interception and too fast of a pass to get that puck.

Oh i should mention this. Since you’re on Xbox, you don’t need to upload your clips to OneDrive and post them here. When a clip is done uploading on the Xbox, you can go here https://gamerdvr.com/ to see all your clips. Just enter your gamer tag and all your clips will pop up.

The 1st one is 50/50 I'll concede but I'm more irritated at how it was intercepted not necessarily that it was for that specific one. The one handed lightning pick is unrealistic. I'm with you on the 2nd and 3rd ones. Thanks for the info on the clips.
  • That first example you deserved to get intercepted. The other two examples should have been tipped and the play been broken up
  • phil7488 wrote: »
    EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »

8jzc4e5dz3we.jpeg

The 1st one is 50/50 I'll concede but I'm more irritated at how it was intercepted not necessarily that it was for that specific one. The one handed lightning pick is unrealistic. I'm with you on the 2nd and 3rd ones. Thanks for the info on the clips.

Yeah, the one hand interception is a bit ridiculous no doubt. Anyone does that in real life would just deflect the puck.

That first example you deserved to get intercepted. The other two examples should have been tipped and the play been broken up

Remember how on old gen super hard passes would deflect off a persons stick if they were too close to receive such a hard pass? I always thought that add skill to passing and not make intercepting passes a little more realistic
  • The problem you guys are failing to realize that regardless if it’s a bad pass or not, there shouldn’t be an immediate pick up and the play going the other way. I don’t have a problem with the defender reaching his stick out but that causes a deflection in real hockey life

That being said defense sucks in this game so I’m not that upset about it if the turnover is from a forward. If that’s a pass at the blue line from a dman frick right off

At the blue line it usually becomes a tripping call against
  • Those first two are low percentage high risk passes and as a defender it would anger me not to have at least a deflection away on those.

As for the third one, at best that would be a break up but not an actual steal. You can see the angle the defender should have a shot at it.

What gets me going however is that it usually never works the other way around. Playing the AI especially. They always get the breaks,