EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Accurate Height's for NHL Players (EA PLEASE READ)

Hello fellow NHL community. I have been so annoyed with incorrect NHL player height/weight over the past few years that I just created an EA account just to ask the community if there is anything we can do about this.

Specifically with rookies, EA fails to update their physical builds, for example, they still have Rasmus Dahlin listed as 6'1, 181 pounds....... He hasn't been 6'1 since he was 16 YEARS OLD (He's now 19 years old.) Every webite/NHL.com/Buffalo Sabres website has him at 6 foot 3. (Same thing with many rookies like Heiskanen, etc.)

Obviously, this makes a big difference in-game when playing with these players, and EA took away our ability to edit current players physical traits. So my question to the community is... how do we get EA to update players to their accurate height/weight from NHL.com????? (or at least let us edit so we can make them accurate.)

Replies

• Yup noticed this too.. pure laziness on behalf of whoever updates rosters
  • Icon Stephane Richer should be 6’2 and 225 also rw not 6’0 185 lw
  • I've been editing rosters for years and years and post the flaws with the rosters and have across this numerous times... You won't be shocked to also know that if you look closer into some players they have the wrong handedness... Some have the wrong birth date... Also some even have the wrong location...

Years ago I recall we were allowed to edit this but don't know why they took it out and don't allow us to anymore?

Maybe a DEV could explain why?

@EA_Roger
    @EADEV
    @NHL_ONL_Producer
  • I've been editing rosters for years and years and post the flaws with the rosters and have across this numerous times... You won't be shocked to also know that if you look closer into some players they have the wrong handedness... Some have the wrong birth date... Also some even have the wrong location...

Years ago I recall we were allowed to edit this but don't know why they took it out and don't allow us to anymore?

@EA_Roger
    @EADEV
    @NHL_ONL_Producer

Think it has something to do with NHL license.. can edit equipment but can’t edit player height, appearance, birthdate etc. That being said this is a super easy fix on the roster update...

@EA_Roger
    @EADEV
    @NHL_ONL_Producer

Think it has something to do with NHL license.. can edit equipment but can’t edit player height, appearance, birthdate etc. That being said this is a super easy fix on the roster update...

That makes no sense at all though... Why would you need a license to edit a players height and weight?

Also they used to have it in the game and also they like never fix them in roster updates... I've posted roster issues for years and seen a lot of mistakes after updates...