EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd


Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

This is the worst game I ever played...

13Next

Replies

  • It makes me cringe when anyone says they’re good at something in a sports video game (I feel stupid even calling them a video game) because no one is actually playing them. That’s why the passing and everything else is so bad because the ai is playing it, not u. It’s made this way to make it look like something it’s not. Challenging! Because EA and there counterparts are too lazy and greedy to put forth the time and money it takes to make a comprehensive and challenging game where the computer players have to make intelligent decisions and compete against the human. Look at companies that make RPGs. It takes them years to make the games instead of recycling and redecorating last years garbage. U want them to quit making their crap games and make something that is worth ur hard earned money? Introduce them to the unemployment line. Then they will understand ur pain!
  • Steven5470
    309 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Wow. Frustration level at an all time high with this game! Another game where I'm up 3-0 (position lock). Suddenly, toward the middle of the 2nd period and in the 3rd, my team's IQ drops 100 points. 90% of the passes are to the opposing team. The best is when my AI teammate decided to do a give-n-go with the opposing team! Let alone all the rebounds that only seem to go to the opposing team's players...??

    I can't get the puck even when the opposing player skates through my defense while being checked. Oh..and suddenly, they get 3 power play goals to tie it up. This has to be the most scripted game, or whatever you want to call it, I have ever played.

    Like I said, this isn't the first game this happened. And everything seems to happen in the middle of the 2nd and later. It's unreal. How is it my entire team can no longer pass or shoot??? The other team has 24 shots and an incredible 76% pass rating. My pass rating dropped to 61%. I get teams go on the offensive to win. But your entire team doesn't turn into a pee wee hockey team.

    This game should be fun because you're seeing the skilled players score. What's not fun is EA making the game close so people think it is fun. Can't believe how far this series has fallen thanks to EA.
  • Backskate with the puck, backhand passes, passes from everywhere, offside bug is back, scoreboard panel on the bottom only....

    If EA will do add 10 new animation for not successfull passes, will do cut backskate with the puck from the game completely, will do repair offside bug, the scoreboard panel will do choice to up or down position with opacity level.... The game the nhl20 can be absolutely different game.

    It can be repaired with only one patch, I think.
  • I don't think the passing trigger should be the same as the acceleration trigger.

    This isn't racing. What acceleration on RT are you talking about?
  • Steven5470 wrote: »
    Wow. Frustration level at an all time high with this game! Another game where I'm up 3-0 (position lock). Suddenly, toward the middle of the 2nd period and in the 3rd, my team's IQ drops 100 points. 90% of the passes are to the opposing team. The best is when my AI teammate decided to do a give-n-go with the opposing team! Let alone all the rebounds that only seem to go to the opposing team's players...??

    I can't get the puck even when the opposing player skates through my defense while being checked. Oh..and suddenly, they get 3 power play goals to tie it up. This has to be the most scripted game, or whatever you want to call it, I have ever played.

    Like I said, this isn't the first game this happened. And everything seems to happen in the middle of the 2nd and later. It's unreal. How is it my entire team can no longer pass or shoot??? The other team has 24 shots and an incredible 76% pass rating. My pass rating dropped to 61%. I get teams go on the offensive to win. But your entire team doesn't turn into a pee wee hockey team.

    This game should be fun because you're seeing the skilled players score. What's not fun is EA making the game close so people think it is fun. Can't believe how far this series has fallen thanks to EA.

    I like playing FIFA on the player lock setting. Its actually fun playing with the AI, I usually play midfield so I set them up for goals all the time.

    But what those players do, respond, act, is contrast to what we see in hockey. These games are made in the same town and yet no one has asked someone from FIFA out to lunch to like pick their brain.
  • I think what makes all of these complaints that much worse is the lack of concern by EA. There's no communication...they don't come here to discuss it with their playerbase at all. It's almost like, "thanks for the $60, we'll be back to collect next year."
  • Moxrox84 wrote: »
    I think what makes all of these complaints that much worse is the lack of concern by EA. There's no communication...they don't come here to discuss it with their playerbase at all. It's almost like, "thanks for the $60, we'll be back to collect next year."

    EA will sometimes come in and 'talk' about it, but that's about it. Several times over the years the community has shown videos of these issues and bugs occurring, and EA keeps denying or ignoring. That is what is the most frustrating thing about EA.

    I used a re-rated roster last year and things felt great and I wasn't a huge believer in "ice tilt" or whatever they are calling it now. But this year, with each game, it seems to be the same thing..rinse and repeat. Get the lead....then, suddenly get every penalty called against you...team can't pass, loses the puck and the other team ties it up. Then, your team plays good again. Coincidence? Doubt it. I mentioned it earlier as well...the opposing team shot the puck..hit my goalie chest...bounced into his glove....then, ready for this? Amazingly bounced back out of his glove across his entire chest and another 3-4 feet in the air to the opposing player for an open net. But I'm sure this doesn't exist.
  • How about pucks defying the laws of physics and reality?



    Ever seen that before?
  • I don't think the passing trigger should be the same as the acceleration trigger.

    This isn't racing. What acceleration on RT are you talking about?
    I guess that's exactly what he meant, that passing should not be in same trigger (RT) than acceleration in racing games (also RT). That's how I understood it.
  • j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    I don't think the passing trigger should be the same as the acceleration trigger.

    This isn't racing. What acceleration on RT are you talking about?
    I guess that's exactly what he meant, that passing should not be in same trigger (RT) than acceleration in racing games (also RT). That's how I understood it.

    I think its select player and passing is the same button. Its how you send the errant pass when you were just trying to select your player.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    How about pucks defying the laws of physics and reality?



    Ever seen that before?

    There's that, and also this is a good vid for showing how they got too cute with the goalies. The shot was right at the goalie, why does it have to bounce off this glove and go in? Give the dang goalies some love. How many times I've seen a goalie do everything humanly possible to stop/block/deflect a shot only to have some stupid animation decide it's going in regardless. Makes me not even want to play G.
  • jiajji wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    How about pucks defying the laws of physics and reality?



    Ever seen that before?

    There's that, and also this is a good vid for showing how they got too cute with the goalies. The shot was right at the goalie, why does it have to bounce off this glove and go in? Give the dang goalies some love. How many times I've seen a goalie do everything humanly possible to stop/block/deflect a shot only to have some stupid animation decide it's going in regardless. Makes me not even want to play G.

    I always wonder how many EA NHL goalies would actually have a job anywhere if they played like that in real life.
  • jiajji wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    How about pucks defying the laws of physics and reality?



    Ever seen that before?

    There's that, and also this is a good vid for showing how they got too cute with the goalies. The shot was right at the goalie, why does it have to bounce off this glove and go in? Give the dang goalies some love. How many times I've seen a goalie do everything humanly possible to stop/block/deflect a shot only to have some stupid animation decide it's going in regardless. Makes me not even want to play G.

    It's not even the animation that's the problem. The puck hits the glove right in the pocket. That should've been a gobbled puck. Instead it stops dead in midair, in front of the glove and then stays suspended there for several seconds. Then the goalie's arm moves and knocks the puck down and back towards the net.

    And just as the puck is crossing the red line in mid-air, it again hits an invisible barrier and falls straight down, right over the line.

    I know someone doesn't like it when I use the word "contrived" but that's what it looks and feels like... I wouldn't have been mad if the shot had actually just gone into the net clean. It was a good shot. I made the correct read and slid over. The game even gave my goalie the correct animation to try and stop the shot. All of it was wonderful until the EA Physics kicked in. Because what else can you say about a puck stopping dead in its tracks in mid-air completely out of the blue, at a crucial time like that, other than contrived?

    That, more than anything, is what upsets me about this series. Not saying anyone put that mechanic in there on purpose or with some agenda to make sure someone wins or loses games based on "ice-tilt" or "momentum". But these things that happen can be fixed, and they're NOT. For years and years these problems persist. Other games, when an exploit or a fault is found, they get patched out. Immediately. No questions asked. Gun is too powerful? It gets nerfed or removed. Glitch found that turns into an exploit? Glitch is removed and/or players found abusing it are punished.

    In EA Sports games? Nah... Just tell the victim they need to "git gud" and defend against the glitch/exploit.

    It's infuriating to say the least.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    jiajji wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    How about pucks defying the laws of physics and reality?



    Ever seen that before?

    There's that, and also this is a good vid for showing how they got too cute with the goalies. The shot was right at the goalie, why does it have to bounce off this glove and go in? Give the dang goalies some love. How many times I've seen a goalie do everything humanly possible to stop/block/deflect a shot only to have some stupid animation decide it's going in regardless. Makes me not even want to play G.

    It's not even the animation that's the problem. The puck hits the glove right in the pocket. That should've been a gobbled puck. Instead it stops dead in midair, in front of the glove and then stays suspended there for several seconds. Then the goalie's arm moves and knocks the puck down and back towards the net.

    And just as the puck is crossing the red line in mid-air, it again hits an invisible barrier and falls straight down, right over the line.

    I know someone doesn't like it when I use the word "contrived" but that's what it looks and feels like... I wouldn't have been mad if the shot had actually just gone into the net clean. It was a good shot. I made the correct read and slid over. The game even gave my goalie the correct animation to try and stop the shot. All of it was wonderful until the EA Physics kicked in. Because what else can you say about a puck stopping dead in its tracks in mid-air completely out of the blue, at a crucial time like that, other than contrived?

    That, more than anything, is what upsets me about this series. Not saying anyone put that mechanic in there on purpose or with some agenda to make sure someone wins or loses games based on "ice-tilt" or "momentum". But these things that happen can be fixed, and they're NOT. For years and years these problems persist. Other games, when an exploit or a fault is found, they get patched out. Immediately. No questions asked. Gun is too powerful? It gets nerfed or removed. Glitch found that turns into an exploit? Glitch is removed and/or players found abusing it are punished.

    In EA Sports games? Nah... Just tell the victim they need to "git gud" and defend against the glitch/exploit.

    It's infuriating to say the least.

    Fully agreed. Why I don't want to play goalie anymore. Way too garbage, clunky and practically the only position where even if you read and react perfectly to the play, there's a decent chance you'll get burned.

    I also like the one where you are nearly two feet past your crease, way up there , and yet, you still get sniped top shelf on the glove. Sometimes, just because. Other times, because your goalie decides to butterfly while no controller input is given...

    Yea, no thanks.
  • VeNOM2099
    2877 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    jiajji wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    How about pucks defying the laws of physics and reality?



    Ever seen that before?

    There's that, and also this is a good vid for showing how they got too cute with the goalies. The shot was right at the goalie, why does it have to bounce off this glove and go in? Give the dang goalies some love. How many times I've seen a goalie do everything humanly possible to stop/block/deflect a shot only to have some stupid animation decide it's going in regardless. Makes me not even want to play G.

    It's not even the animation that's the problem. The puck hits the glove right in the pocket. That should've been a gobbled puck. Instead it stops dead in midair, in front of the glove and then stays suspended there for several seconds. Then the goalie's arm moves and knocks the puck down and back towards the net.

    And just as the puck is crossing the red line in mid-air, it again hits an invisible barrier and falls straight down, right over the line.

    I know someone doesn't like it when I use the word "contrived" but that's what it looks and feels like... I wouldn't have been mad if the shot had actually just gone into the net clean. It was a good shot. I made the correct read and slid over. The game even gave my goalie the correct animation to try and stop the shot. All of it was wonderful until the EA Physics kicked in. Because what else can you say about a puck stopping dead in its tracks in mid-air completely out of the blue, at a crucial time like that, other than contrived?

    That, more than anything, is what upsets me about this series. Not saying anyone put that mechanic in there on purpose or with some agenda to make sure someone wins or loses games based on "ice-tilt" or "momentum". But these things that happen can be fixed, and they're NOT. For years and years these problems persist. Other games, when an exploit or a fault is found, they get patched out. Immediately. No questions asked. Gun is too powerful? It gets nerfed or removed. Glitch found that turns into an exploit? Glitch is removed and/or players found abusing it are punished.

    In EA Sports games? Nah... Just tell the victim they need to "git gud" and defend against the glitch/exploit.

    It's infuriating to say the least.

    Fully agreed. Why I don't want to play goalie anymore. Way too garbage, clunky and practically the only position where even if you read and react perfectly to the play, there's a decent chance you'll get burned.

    I also like the one where you are nearly two feet past your crease, way up there , and yet, you still get sniped top shelf on the glove. Sometimes, just because. Other times, because your goalie decides to butterfly while no controller input is given...

    Yea, no thanks.

    I don't know how LG is going to function this year. Last year, there were over 3000 signups in each of the three seasons they had with that game. Almost 4000 in the first! They had to add in 16 teams from the ECHL again just to make room for all the new players. Now they added 2 more teams (18 total), yet only 2400 users signed up for this coming season.

    And if the goalies stay as they are... There's gonna be a lot of people that will just drop out.

    Hopefully things get better in time for when this game finally hits the Vault. Maybe if things turn out right, I'll give LG another crack. Because I'm not wasting my time (or my potential teammate's time) working my ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off only to have games decided not by my play, but by the games (faulty) mechanics.

    And... If the goalies stay the same, well I can always play as a D-man. At least that way I can actually contribute something positive to my team and my play, good or bad, WILL matter then.
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    jiajji wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    How about pucks defying the laws of physics and reality?



    Ever seen that before?

    There's that, and also this is a good vid for showing how they got too cute with the goalies. The shot was right at the goalie, why does it have to bounce off this glove and go in? Give the dang goalies some love. How many times I've seen a goalie do everything humanly possible to stop/block/deflect a shot only to have some stupid animation decide it's going in regardless. Makes me not even want to play G.

    It's not even the animation that's the problem. The puck hits the glove right in the pocket. That should've been a gobbled puck. Instead it stops dead in midair, in front of the glove and then stays suspended there for several seconds. Then the goalie's arm moves and knocks the puck down and back towards the net.

    And just as the puck is crossing the red line in mid-air, it again hits an invisible barrier and falls straight down, right over the line.

    I know someone doesn't like it when I use the word "contrived" but that's what it looks and feels like... I wouldn't have been mad if the shot had actually just gone into the net clean. It was a good shot. I made the correct read and slid over. The game even gave my goalie the correct animation to try and stop the shot. All of it was wonderful until the EA Physics kicked in. Because what else can you say about a puck stopping dead in its tracks in mid-air completely out of the blue, at a crucial time like that, other than contrived?

    That, more than anything, is what upsets me about this series. Not saying anyone put that mechanic in there on purpose or with some agenda to make sure someone wins or loses games based on "ice-tilt" or "momentum". But these things that happen can be fixed, and they're NOT. For years and years these problems persist. Other games, when an exploit or a fault is found, they get patched out. Immediately. No questions asked. Gun is too powerful? It gets nerfed or removed. Glitch found that turns into an exploit? Glitch is removed and/or players found abusing it are punished.

    In EA Sports games? Nah... Just tell the victim they need to "git gud" and defend against the glitch/exploit.

    It's infuriating to say the least.

    Fully agreed. Why I don't want to play goalie anymore. Way too garbage, clunky and practically the only position where even if you read and react perfectly to the play, there's a decent chance you'll get burned.

    I also like the one where you are nearly two feet past your crease, way up there , and yet, you still get sniped top shelf on the glove. Sometimes, just because. Other times, because your goalie decides to butterfly while no controller input is given...

    Yea, no thanks.

    I don't know how LG is going to function this year. Last year, there were over 3000 signups in each of the three seasons they had with that game. Almost 4000 in the first! They had to add in 16 teams from the ECHL again just to make room for all the new players. Now they added 2 more teams (18 total), yet only 2400 users signed up for this coming season.

    And if the goalies stay as they are... There's gonna be a lot of people that will just drop out.

    Hopefully things get better in time for when this game finally hits the Vault. Maybe if things turn out right, I'll give LG another crack. Because I'm not wasting my time (or my potential teammate's time) working my ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off only to have games decided not by my play, but by the games (faulty) mechanics.

    And... If the goalies stay the same, well I can always play as a D-man. At least that way I can actually contribute something positive to my team and my play, good or bad, WILL matter then.

    Meh, I dunno. LG for the most part has alot of users that just want to score. Kind of understandable when half the team is offense. And I really wouldn't mind if there were more goals, but they gotta make sense. Poor D, get burned. And to be fair, it is that way more than less, but you have to be an incredibly good D man to have alot of success as opposed to decent and even less than stellar forwards can have alot of success.
    Why is it that if I play as an Enforcer or even DD man, I feel like a big useless gorilla on skates? Carrier tries to squeeze between me and the boards should equate to asking to die. But noooo, this game simply rewards any clown that can just press one little button called LT and just dance right on by. Or how about holding your stick out behind your back, making you pretty much the most vulnerable player on the ice, yet not only do you not get hammered, you still retain the puck no less!

    Same for goalies. Poor goalie, you should get hammered. As it stands now, there isn't a single goalie that can win consistent games because the user is "that good". The only "good" goalies are the ones that have very good D men. So why is it you can't have a very good, or top goalie as you can with forwards and in some cases, D men? Why in the hell would I want to play as a goalie anymore? The last 8 years have been what I would say, bluntly, disgusting for human goalies. It is flat out horrible, frustrating and a joke. It is nothing than a thin veil to think that we can actually play as goalies.

    I hate how things are balanced right now and I think by now we all know I favor a much more realistic tuning, which will never happen. I could accept that, however I cannot as the only way this game can have a certain fun factor is if you're a forward and all you want to do is score.
    Sure, there are games where I have fun, but sadly that fun comes from the group of people I play with and not directly related to the game. That is incredibly sad.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!