EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

EASHL community has become a trainwreck!

Prev1
Been a EASHL community member for quite awhile and have been with the same club since NHL 13 back on PS3. Since moving to PS4, the community has been falling apart year by year and not many known members have bothered to buy anymore EA NHL games.

The utter negligence to fix this community has been very unforgiving, as the population has stayed low for nearly 3 seasons, making club games tougher to find later in the year. Drop in has also been on a downhill roller coaster. The outdoor rinks get very tiresome as some prefer to play in an actual arena with equipment on, when club isn't running. The cut scenes are an annoyance ( nobody wants to watch a helicopter every whistle ).

Now to talk about EA servers! I play with an upload speed of 100 mbps, and download of 300 mbps. My ping for some reason jumps from 63 to about 100 and sometimes it goes to 400 against certain EASHL teams. We play against American and Canadian teams, no european teams, yet experience ridiculous lag, causing cheesy goals to go in. I wish EA Sports would fix this issue as before my ping used to it at 7 to 10 milliseconds.

Also please bring back old gen communities! This was a great feature to have as we could avoid certain trolls that just ruin the game. This was also an easier way for club recruitment as we could gain chemistry with these players. Drop in is a trollfest now so might be time to consider this, or I fear EASHL is going to be like I Am Legend soon.

Replies

• You get a helicopter? I just get to stare at some cabin every stoppage.
  • HELICOPTER
  • HELICOPTER

And you get to see it in about 30 cutaways per game.
  • If I didn't know better I would say EA is trying to sabotage it's own game, just seems like the direction it's going is completely random. I mean did anyone ask for CHEL? Pond hockey arcade style? and then to do it two years in a row with an almost duplicate game makes no sense. Rolling back tuners, DRE's, pause winning, drop in disaster, legends disaster, etc...
    It's obvious EA doesn't listen to the community and from the looks of this forum and the comments, you can see the outcome in the quality and players reactions.
  • Moxrox84
    270 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Yeah, first they introduced threes that no one wanted, which watered down the population. Then they moved us to the single outdoor pond rink no one asked for, and introduced 1's as well, which again watered down the population. Then they added more outdoor rinks that no one wanted and gave us some battle royale tournament mode that again, NO ONE WANTED. There's no "NHL" in "NHL 20" for the entire CHEL "experience".

I wonder why EA doesn't make a separate game called "CHEL" and sell it, and bring back hockey to the actual NHL game. Of course, no one would buy it because no one wanted it in the first place, but logic seems to have exited stage right from EA's corporate offices.

EA has absolutely no clue what their fans want to play, but since HUT makes them money, it's clear what they value over a better game.
  • zingaa1
    406 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Moxrox84 wrote: »
    Yeah, first they introduced threes that no one wanted, which watered down the population. Then they moved us to the single outdoor pond rink no one asked for, and introduced 1's as well, which again watered down the population. Then they added more outdoor rinks that no one wanted and gave us some battle royale tournament mode that again, NO ONE WANTED. There's no "NHL" in "NHL 20" for the entire CHEL "experience".

I wonder why EA doesn't make a separate game called "CHEL" and sell it, and bring back hockey to the actual NHL game. Of course, no one would buy it because no one wanted it in the first place, but logic seems to have exited stage right from EA's corporate offices.

EA has absolutely no clue what their fans want to play, but since HUT makes them money, it's clear what they value over a better game.

Agreed, it's like Madden NFL 20 playing in the school yard or at the park, just the dumbest thing ever. PGA 20 playing at the local miniature golf course
  • Why crossplay isn't a thing yet is beyond me. We routinely play the same teams multiple times a day/week. Gets stale.
  • HELICOPTER

GET TO THE CHOPPAH!!

Someone must really like Helicopters at EA's NHL team! Seriously though, it's obviously a bug, but MAN is it annoying to watch that same thing from the same angles thirty times per game. LOL!
  • Been a EASHL community member for quite awhile and have been with the same club since NHL 13 back on PS3. Since moving to PS4, the community has been falling apart year by year and not many known members have bothered to buy anymore EA NHL games.

The utter negligence to fix this community has been very unforgiving, as the population has stayed low for nearly 3 seasons, making club games tougher to find later in the year. Drop in has also been on a downhill roller coaster. The outdoor rinks get very tiresome as some prefer to play in an actual arena with equipment on, when club isn't running. The cut scenes are an annoyance ( nobody wants to watch a helicopter every whistle ).

Now to talk about EA servers! I play with an upload speed of 100 mbps, and download of 300 mbps. My ping for some reason jumps from 63 to about 100 and sometimes it goes to 400 against certain EASHL teams. We play against American and Canadian teams, no european teams, yet experience ridiculous lag, causing cheesy goals to go in. I wish EA Sports would fix this issue as before my ping used to it at 7 to 10 milliseconds.

Also please bring back old gen communities! This was a great feature to have as we could avoid certain trolls that just ruin the game. This was also an easier way for club recruitment as we could gain chemistry with these players. Drop in is a trollfest now so might be time to consider this, or I fear EASHL is going to be like I Am Legend soon.

everyone switched to xbox for club bc of ps4 DR error codes. Check out LeagueGaming.com if youre looking for consistent 6s games. They have free leagues, money leagues and people in the chatboxes are always looking to play and club search or even private match scrim. They have a ps4 community and xbox community but the xbox side is more competitive
  • I do wish crossplay was somehow added to this game. Would be great. I just assume it will never happen which is saddening. The populations need to be combined. We didn't play club for about 2 or 3 days because we couldn't find a game in the higher divisions. As far as people saying THREES and ONE's have hurt the game I don't think that's the problem. Not sure if you mean the actual ARCADE MODE THREE's or EASHL 3's though.

I think EASHL 3's is great and actually has the most robust community to be honest. Alot of people in the past would be playing with 2 and 3 skaters in a 5 v 5 match which was just annoying and lame in my opinion. Now they have a mode with less players on the ice which is an entirely different game. 3 v 3 EASHL has an entirely different meta that has some serious high-level play believe it or not. Of course the hockey purists despise the thought of playing 3 v 3 EASHL but not everyone enjoys playing 6's and for good reason. It is what it is...it's fun, competitive games...but I feel some people aren't into that and 3's give them another option. Keep in mind I am talking EASHL 3's...the ARCADE 3's mode a joke and waste of development time in my opinion but that's just me.

We do need the online lobby back in the game it was a staple of the early EASHL DAYS and my current team that I play with I met through those lobbies 9 years ago.
  • I can't even imagine what having crossplay (and maybe even a PC release) would do to the gaming population. Would be amazing, but this is EA we're talking about here.
  • zingaa1 wrote: »
    If I didn't know better I would say EA is trying to sabotage it's own game, just seems like the direction it's going is completely random.
    Like they did with GM Connected, to give people a push to their HUT money maker? Wouldn't be surprised.
    EASHL player
  • Sneakler wrote: »
    I do wish crossplay was somehow added to this game. Would be great. I just assume it will never happen which is saddening. The populations need to be combined. We didn't play club for about 2 or 3 days because we couldn't find a game in the higher divisions. As far as people saying THREES and ONE's have hurt the game I don't think that's the problem. Not sure if you mean the actual ARCADE MODE THREE's or EASHL 3's though.

I think EASHL 3's is great and actually has the most robust community to be honest. Alot of people in the past would be playing with 2 and 3 skaters in a 5 v 5 match which was just annoying and lame in my opinion. Now they have a mode with less players on the ice which is an entirely different game. 3 v 3 EASHL has an entirely different meta that has some serious high-level play believe it or not. Of course the hockey purists despise the thought of playing 3 v 3 EASHL but not everyone enjoys playing 6's and for good reason. It is what it is...it's fun, competitive games...but I feel some people aren't into that and 3's give them another option. Keep in mind I am talking EASHL 3's...the ARCADE 3's mode a joke and waste of development time in my opinion but that's just me.

We do need the online lobby back in the game it was a staple of the early EASHL DAYS and my current team that I play with I met through those lobbies 9 years ago.

This is how it has hurt the game. You still have people doing 2s and 3s in 6s. The community is split up too much now. 3s having the most robust community is an affront to all things hockey.

I do wish crossplay was somehow added to this game. Would be great. I just assume it will never happen which is saddening. The populations need to be combined. We didn't play club for about 2 or 3 days because we couldn't find a game in the higher divisions. As far as people saying THREES and ONE's have hurt the game I don't think that's the problem. Not sure if you mean the actual ARCADE MODE THREE's or EASHL 3's though.

This is how it has hurt the game. You still have people doing 2s and 3s in 6s. The community is split up too much now. 3s having the most robust community is an affront to all things hockey.

I agree, I actually see way more people looking to play 2's now then I've ever seen before, likely because the AI is so OP. Nerf the AI and make it so bringing players, even if they aren't top players, holds value over playing with a compy.

I agree, I actually see way more people looking to play 2's now then I've ever seen before, likely because the AI is so OP. Nerf the AI and make it so bringing players, even if they aren't top players, holds value over playing with a compy.

Actually, I'd say it's quite the opposite: people want to play 2s and 3s without AI because the AI is so pitifully bad. No one wants to lose because your dumb bot teammate decided to go on an excursion to the corner of the ice while leaving his man alone in front of the net for an easy one-timer.

The AI in this game is so bad at all aspects of the game; attack, defense and goaltending. It's really very sad when people think it's overpowered. Especially since it sends the wrong message to the devs who will listen and make the AI even worse.

That's the last thing this game needs, IMO.
  • TheMajjam wrote: »
    I can't even imagine what having crossplay (and maybe even a PC release) would do to the gaming population. Would be amazing, but this is EA we're talking about here.

Friendly reminder that when it comes to crossplay, publishers/developers are rarely ever the problem. Microsoft and Sony, more so Sony, are the ones blocking crossplay.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Sneakler wrote: »

Actually, I'd say it's quite the opposite: people want to play 2s and 3s without AI because the AI is so pitifully bad. No one wants to lose because your dumb bot teammate decided to go on an excursion to the corner of the ice while leaving his man alone in front of the net for an easy one-timer.

The AI in this game is so bad at all aspects of the game; attack, defense and goaltending. It's really very sad when people think it's overpowered. Especially since it sends the wrong message to the devs who will listen and make the AI even worse.

? how do you play 2s without AI?
  • TheMajjam wrote: »
    I can't even imagine what having crossplay (and maybe even a PC release) would do to the gaming population. Would be amazing, but this is EA we're talking about here.

Friendly reminder that when it comes to crossplay, publishers/developers are rarely ever the problem. Microsoft and Sony, more so Sony, are the ones blocking crossplay.

That's not entirely true; Epic recently stopped supporting cross-play for Fortnite on the Nintendo Switch. Also, Microsoft and Nintendo have said they welcome cross-play for appropriate titles and that they leave that decision up to the devs/publishers. If they want to do it, their hardware and network infrastructure is ready and able.
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »

? how do you play 2s without AI?

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f39068124ca368544411280e9deef89f3d32ae&rid=giphy.gif

My point is people are still playing 2s and 3s in 6s club. The population has been further diluted with ones. It shouldn't be hard to find a 6s drop this early on. It saddens me to see a constant "low" population in 6s while 3s is always high.

My point is people are still playing 2s and 3s in 6s club. The population has been further diluted with ones. It shouldn't be hard to find a 6s drop this early on. It saddens me to see a constant "low" population in 6s while 3s is always high.

3s is high because face it, more open ice, less people in the way, easier to rag, dangle, snipe and celly. Seems like most people just want to score on every single breakaway and seemingly, on almost every shot. EA has instilled a very bad culture over the years and most people don't want to play hockey. They want to dangle and score. There is no way EA can turn the tide this late in the game. That culture is here to stay, so score on and rag all day.