EA Forums - Banner

Interceptions are too much in this game

It's not a bad game but fix the interceptions It's way too much in this game it's become a problem....

Replies

• It's a tricky thing to fix. Interceptions from the front and with a good distance should always be intercepted. The ones with a player close to the skater and also the ones with their back turned are the ones that need to get thru more often.
  • Sneakler
    43 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Follisimo wrote: »
    It's a tricky thing to fix. Interceptions from the front and with a good distance should always be intercepted. The ones with a player close to the skater and also the ones with their back turned are the ones that need to get thru more often.

100% but I am terrified of the change that will follow.

This needs to be executed properly.

I don't want it turning into a randomly don't grab the puck when in perfect defensive position.

We need less "back turned to the puck interceptions" and I am okay with interceptions if perpendicular to the puck though. Should not have to be perfect vision control to get a interception.

Example: 2 on 1...the defenseman instead of backskating is skating directly toward his own net in between the forwards. If the puck is sent across he should still be able to get that interception because he it is viable that they are watching the puck carrier despite not using vision control. It is realistic and give the D another option besides back skating into the passing option as the only way to get an INT.

There is also the "close proximity" interception which is broken. If you are just out of poke range of a player but they have commit to stopping you defensively that player should not be a candidate for an interception. They are too close to be able to react and get an interception in past years and this is fairly realistic that they should not be able to get an interception if they are 2 feet away from your player.

But I do want forced cross creases to be punished with an interception 99.9% of the time to encourage saucer use or not passing the puck at all when the lane just isn't there.

Hope they make the right fix here and don't make things worse in the other direction.
  • They need to go back to NHL 12 style interceptions. Where you actually had excellent vision control and could square up to pick off the passes. Not just a random auto animation breaking up plays without you actually having to do anything except be within a 5 foot range whether you're facing the puck or not.

Imo the best way for them to make defences more skill based is to bring back vision control with L2 and scrap this stupid backskating crap. Make it so you actually have to push a button to intercept a pass
  • TITAN_NHL wrote: »
    They need to go back to NHL 12 style interceptions. Where you actually had excellent vision control and could square up to pick off the passes. Not just a random auto animation breaking up plays without you actually having to do anything except be within a 5 foot range whether you're facing the puck or not.

Imo the best way for them to make defences more skill based is to bring back vision control with L2 and scrap this stupid backskating crap. Make it so you actually have to push a button to intercept a pass

As it stands all you have to do is be in close proximity to a passing lane and it's eliminated.

The "look what I found" intercepts, the player who is in the process of changing direction at full speed on top of the passer picking off a pass that's meant for a player 25' up ice, there is no way that should be rewarded. How many times I've seen a pass that should split defenders who have thier backs to the play make an intercept, it's a mess. You should absolutely have to be holding vision control to grab a puck, and there should be some kind of handicap/response for holding vision control so you can't just hold it down all the time.
  • Unfortunately, EA has boxed themselves in here. Any major changes to the pass intercepts will affect passes to your own players, much like passing up the ice to a player's back and having them automatically pick it up, as well as trying to pass to a player with another one of your players between you and the intended recipient. whereas, it will almost be picked up to the player between you and the recipient. Bad mechanics. I would rather see more loose pucks than clean intercepts from players not looking at the puck with a pass the speed of a bullet.
  • TITAN_NHL
    76 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    At this point I honestly believe these devs are just incapable of making a truly skill based competitive game. Even some of the responses they give on here to criticism just shows that the game is working as intended in their eyes.

Certain gameplay problems can be seen on these forums year after year and nothing is ever done to fix them, or they fix it and break another aspect of the game.

[Socair - edited swear filter]
    Post edited by Socair on