EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Next Roster Update

Yzz86
3 posts New member
Anyone got a idea on when the first/next update for the rosters will be? Around Season start or a few weeks in? Would be nice to get a proper updated roster instead of the one that is right now.

Replies

• Yzz86 wrote: »
    Anyone got a idea on when the first/next update for the rosters will be? Around Season start or a few weeks in? Would be nice to get a proper updated roster instead of the one that is right now.

... The season hasn't even started... Check last years game and you'll get a clue to when they update cause it seems like they update around the same time every year... I may also add even though they update them they are still wrong either way LOL
  • Yzz86
    3 posts New member
    What? You serious? Season havent started? Not mentioned at all in my post... but yeah I know EA is not the best at updating the rosters properly. Specially not compared to Madden and FIFA. But I still assume stuff like the RFA/UFAs that have been signed will be properly signed up with a update. Marner, Tkachuk and so on.
  • Froommey
    791 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    For NHL Players will be at mid October, for AHL Player mid or more late Nov. So expect a good Roster not before end of Nov. A complete current Roster you never will have in this game. As far as I know other important Sport games update their Rosters sometimes daily but in general more often as in NHL. Think in Fifa it is like this, but I am not sure. Usually Roster updates in NHL are coming in a span of 2 weeks, thats very slow.
  • Yzz86
    3 posts New member
    Yeah I get that Frommey, just want a good update with starting lineups from the first games. And as mentioned earlier RFA/UFAs signed to their proper teams. And yeah, some games updates more regulary like Madden. Fifa does it now and then.
    Yeah I get that Frommey, just want a good update with starting lineups from the first games. And as mentioned earlier RFA/UFAs signed to their proper teams. And yeah, some games updates more regulary like Madden. Fifa does it now and then.

Rosters are changing every day right now. Players are getting recalled from and sent down to the AHL training camps. It makes no sense to update rosters when the opening day rosters are not even set yet.
    If you see Grammar or Spelling errors. I am starting to experience the long term effects of ten plus concussions.

Rosters are changing every day right now. Players are getting recalled from and sent down to the AHL training camps. It makes no sense to update rosters when the opening day rosters are not even set yet.

Sure it makes sense. At every Roster update you can add missing Player images, missing Player likenesses, missing Season statistics of many Players. New contracts for free Agents which have signed. So it makes always sense to make Roster updates in short intervals. It is a work yes, but we all have to do our work in our business.

• Sure we usually get paid by the hour to do the work for a business, that company then has to pay that employee for that time. Ea does not want to do this often in fact little as possible. They could avoid this by putting in roster sharing but that doesn’t seem to be a thing
  • Peaceh wrote: »
    Sure we usually get paid by the hour to do the work for a business, that company then has to pay that employee for that time. Ea does not want to do this often in fact little as possible. They could avoid this by putting in roster sharing but that doesn’t seem to be a thing

Sure, Roster sharing is one important thing to have in, but for me personally worthless without uploading possibility of images, likenesses of the Players.