EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

Players sabotaging 6v6 and 3v3

Prev1
Can you please work on a better mechanism to deal with these people?
Huge turn off and makes me want to stop playing. Some variation of this happens in nearly every game:

- Players intentionally going offside on every play.
- Players pulling the goalie and scoring own goals.
- Players ragging the puck in gametypes where teammates cannot bump them off the puck.
- Defensemen first to leave zone when team doesnt have the puck.

This isn't 6v6 hockey it's a circus.

Replies

• Dmen leading the rush, there isnt anything they can do, that's just the idiotic human using the controller. Going offsides all the time, scoring own goals and puck ragging they should do something about but drop ins have been a joke for a long time with this nonsense.

I have no idea how anyone can have fun doing that crap in a game just to screw over other people. Never could understand it
  • My clubmate was in dropins and chewed a guy out for scoring 4 goals on his own net and losing their team the game - dude recorded my buddy's rant and threatened to report him and get him banned. How messed up is THAT?! This is where we are. EA PLEASE some anti griefing measures!!! Something. I mean skater scoring on his own net or a goalie skating to center multiple times should be an automatic kick. This SHOULD be a no-brainer.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    My clubmate was in dropins and chewed a guy out for scoring 4 goals on his own net and losing their team the game - dude recorded my buddy's rant and threatened to report him and get him banned. How messed up is THAT?! This is where we are. EA PLEASE some anti griefing measures!!! Something. I mean skater scoring on his own net or a goalie skating to center multiple times should be an automatic kick. This SHOULD be a no-brainer.

And the bset part is when those guys respond with "don't tell me how to play hockey. I bought the game and will play as I want".

LOL, gotta love dropins. One thing for sure, they are never boring lol. But not in a good way. Mostly.
  • Simple... Just watch the video with EA Producer Clement Kwong... He avoids questions asked and then you'll see that EA don't care about the community LOL... I was told by YouTubers not to get this game that EA gives early access too... Made me laugh cause this game plays the same as last years early release and soon will be just last years game after a few patches...

• 3 off sides in 1 game or 6 in 3 and you should be out & have to do a training vid before being allowed to play again.
  • Funny because NHL19 EASHL isn't as bad as it used to be. I guess most of the knuckleheads moved on to 20 lol
  • Honestly, if the game detects you're doing something repeatedly that earns a negative mark, it should kick you...lord knows it does if the team play drops too much, but IMHO it doesn't do it enough. If you're offside and making no attempt to get back onside, the game should be able to detect that and force a disconnect.
  • Drop in is garbage, play club.

Another issue with drop in is clubs are actually playing drop ins together, so you get good players beating random drop in teams 10-1 all the time.
  • sgiz1 wrote: »
    Drop in is garbage, play club.

Another issue with drop in is clubs are actually playing drop ins together, so you get good players beating random drop in teams 10-1 all the time.

You'll never find a 6v6 game playing club, that's why I prefer drop-ins. The less CPU involvement the better. The trade-off of course is you may get players who suck or quit after 1 goal etc.
  • GramerProfesur
    449 posts Member
    edited September 26
    It’s pretty simple.

They know majority of people online are dbags and/or children don’t want to implement a kick system because they’ll stop playing and play more CoD or Fortnite or whatever instead.
  • It’s pretty simple.

They know majority of people online are dbags and/or children don’t want to implement a kick system because they’ll stop playing and play more CoD or Fortnite or whatever instead.

Kick system would be better if players can join mid-game, taking the place of a CPU player.
    I should be able to invite someone on my friends list to a game (Just like you invite them to a dressing room) and they take the place of a CPU. If there's multiple CPU's, LW, LD, G, he should have the option to choose which position he wanted.

After 4-6 weeks most years our club found it very hard to find games against more than 2-3 players. We usually play with 4-6 (mostly 5) . Last year from November on we would spend 30 minutes finding games against 2 and 3 players only so would move to drop in just hoping we would get more players that stuck around for at least 10 minutes of the first.

If club games were always easy to find then I doubt I would play much drop in outside of killing time waiting for friends.

Throw in forcing a goalie in a club search and we were lucky to find a game. We ended up playing most games with a goalie vs AI goalie so to play.

Not everyone can play club when the rest of their friends can. The bulk of my playing time pretty much means I'm stuck in drop in. No one wanted this, and no one wants it still. EA doesn't listen.
  • The worst part is they had some anti-trolling/griefing measures in place in previous years, but they have been disabled or severely toned down.
  • VeNOM2099
    2610 posts Member
    edited September 28
    BassMan_PC wrote: »
    The worst part is they had some anti-trolling/griefing measures in place in previous years, but they have been disabled or severely toned down.

Because it was extremely flawed. Just as a goalie, if my d-men would plow into me and push me out of my crease and the opponent scored, I would get hit with a coaching penalty warning and the next "mistake" I would get booted. It would even happen if I tried to challenge the shot outside of my crease and the game would think I was purposely trying to get out of my net to let the other team score.

On the flip side, as a forward or d-man I could troll to my heart's content, not even be in position for most of the game and it would never even give the hint of a warning. But let an opponent score because my partner wasn't in HIS position and I'd get the warning and then the subsequent boot.

The only anti-trolling that would be viable for this game is a grading system just like they have for Xbox Live or PSN, but specific to EA NHL. Just like the online services, anyone can give you a bad grading if they feel like it, but in reality, if you're a good online netizen, the good far over weighs the negative grades.

The same would apply in NHL; sure there'd be some jerks that would grade you down just because they're trolls and want to watch the world burn or because they lost a game with you in their team. But more often than not, if you yourself are NOT an online troll, you'd maintain a good grading. Winning or Losing isn't the only motivator for a good or bad rating. I know some people that win most of their game but they're really horrible teammates with horrible attitudes. I don't care if the guy can score 10 goals per game, a bad egg is a bad egg plain and simple.
    YouTube: VeNOM3099
    Twitch: twitch.tv/venom3099

• VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    The worst part is they had some anti-trolling/griefing measures in place in previous years, but they have been disabled or severely toned down.

Because it was extremely flawed. Just as a goalie, if my d-men would plow into me and push me out of my crease and the opponent scored, I would get hit with a coaching penalty warning and the next "mistake" I would get booted. It would even happen if I tried to challenge the shot outside of my crease and the game would think I was purposely trying to get out of my net to let the other team score.

On the flip side, as a forward or d-man I could troll to my heart's content, not even be in position for most of the game and it would never even give the hint of a warning. But let an opponent score because my partner wasn't in HIS position and I'd get the warning and then the subsequent boot.

The only anti-trolling that would be viable for this game is a grading system just like they have for Xbox Live or PSN, but specific to EA NHL. Just like the online services, anyone can give you a bad grading if they feel like it, but in reality, if you're a good online netizen, the good far over weighs the negative grades.

The same would apply in NHL; sure there'd be some jerks that would grade you down just because they're trolls and want to watch the world burn or because they lost a game with you in their team. But more often than not, if you yourself are NOT an online troll, you'd maintain a good grading. Winning or Losing isn't the only motivator for a good or bad rating. I know some people that win most of their game but they're really horrible teammates with horrible attitudes. I don't care if the guy can score 10 goals per game, a bad egg is a bad egg plain and simple.

I remember getting kicked out after skating out to play the puck in one game, and after passing the puck to the corner where an opposing player got the puck in another. Good times.
    Casual goalie gameplay: https://t.co/tQnYxAsyKy
  • Daddy5B wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »

I remember getting kicked out after skating out to play the puck in one game, and after passing the puck to the corner where an opposing player got the puck in another. Good times.

Yeah, that happened to me too a few times. I mean it was just silly. Good idea. Horrible execution...
    YouTube: VeNOM3099
    Twitch: twitch.tv/venom3099

• Moxrox84 wrote: »
    sgiz1 wrote: »

Not everyone can play club when the rest of their friends can. The bulk of my playing time pretty much means I'm stuck in drop in. No one wanted this, and no one wants it still. EA doesn't listen.

You could simply just make more friends couldn't you? What you stated isn't entirely true. Most people have enough buddies to club with and when their club isn't on, they get their other buddies to play drop ins. I have club friends and drop in friends. Some guys are good enough to club with and others I'll just do drop ins with. There's plenty of resources available to put yourself out there and make social acquaintances if you truly wanted to club. I mean, EA is not going to provide people with a social network.
  • Simply have Drop In CR independent of club CR, and your CR only increases/decreases if you queued up solo. Then keep the <500 drop in crowd separate from the >500 crowd.
    EASHL player
  • Simply have Drop In CR independent of club CR, and your CR only increases/decreases if you queued up solo. Then keep the <500 drop in crowd separate from the >500 crowd.

Not sure why this isn't already thing, minus the CR only increasing/decreasing if you're by yourself. But drop in CR and club CR should absolutely be 2 different CR's. Personally, I think 6's and 3's CR should as well.