EA Forums - Banner

New update = New broken

IWDTCG
75 posts Member
edited October 2019
Receive breakaway pass my player comes to a full stop. Try cross crease input lag. Try cross crease passes to player covered in slot. Go for snipes shoots to middle of goalie. Breakaway by 10 feet easily caught. Try umbrella and passing back to point for point shot players are on 10 minute line change. So here we are back to fairy skating weave and deke. Online nothing but players playing trap letting their ai forcheck and then perpetual weaves up ice nopassing. Totally advertise that control EA.

[Removed call out]
Post edited by EA_Roger on

Replies

• Confusion2000
    293 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Fix the interceptions that happen with skaters that have their backs to the play!!!!

Any questions???

[Removed abusive punctuation]
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • Went from 966 to 820 cr today because apparently I can’t beat anybody after the update. Also been lag switched every other game. Good stuff EA devs, you guys should be oh so proud of this masterpiece.

E...A... Sports... Unlock your CHEL!
  • I agree, one timer are impossible now, and make a pass same thing, even if the defender is behind.
    And for me goalies are to much faster now, almost impossible to score a decent goal
  • Funny they said they didn’t release a tuner because people were happy with the gameplay but it sounds like this patch affected the gameplay quite a bit...
  • jake19ny wrote: »
    Funny they said they didn’t release a tuner because people were happy with the gameplay but it sounds like this patch affected the gameplay quite a bit...

I got sick of restarting the game a dozen times until it put me in the proper server recommendation, so I've avoided online (nigh impossible to win with 80 ping), but offline hut squad battles feels the same.

72 rated team on all star is apparently better than an 85 rated team (mine is 89), which makes zero sense. Why would I have an easier time playing VS higher rated teams?

Not sure I noticed any differences tbh. Game still plays like broken hot garbage.
  • Sounds fun
  • No problem with one timers here after the patch - only scouting.
  • GramerProfesur
    561 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Mc41DMB wrote: »
    Went from 966 to 820 cr today because apparently I can’t beat anybody after the update. Also been lag switched every other game. Good stuff EA devs, you guys should be oh so proud of this masterpiece.

E...A... Sports... Unlock your CHEL!

Literally this.. was dominant before although I was not having a good time. Now everyone is LTing up the ice, can’t knock anyone off the puck at all and they have insane puck control. I’m done with this game.

[Socair - edited for profanity]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • RSO75 wrote: »
    I guess the new patch filled my players legs with polio.

lmao, amazing
  • glad to see i'm not alone..

there is lag since the update , i can't pass now , its take 2 seconds to do the pass i ask.. and i can't change player in defensive zone..

boo , i wish they keep the game like it was before the update.
  • you are not alone, try to play in afternoon, from seven pm the game become a garbage
  • The update is a step in the right direction. Gameplay is way better especially for goalies. Scoring is too hard lol. So set up better plays with your teammates(crazy concept right?) and get more quality shots. The only ones complaining are the 5ft7 snipers who dont play defense or pass but get one hand tucks and backside wristers all game. goalies should let in 1-2 shots out of 10. Not 6 out of 10. Now if they would just bring back "spam" pokecheck to stop the L2 and x button spamming losers. defense and passing should win games, Not zero defense, glitch shots, and button combos.
  • Fix the interceptions that happen with skaters that have their backs to the play!!!!

Any questions???

[Removed abusive punctuation]

I'm sorry but please don't!! It looks bad but its better than how it was. We have very limited control over defensemen and making defensive plays. positioning is really our only weapon. The best we can do is control our guy to be in the lane, and yes sometimes for no reason at all it makes him not turn around or be facing the wrong way. That's not the users fault and with the extreamly limited resources we have against the OP arsenal of offensive weapons this game offers we shouldn't be handicapped further because something we cant control. Please just let it be an accepted fact that we positioned ourselves properly and the game helped us out a bit because it isn't properly programmed to have the defender looking the right direction.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    The reason players can intercept pucks with their backs turned is that they can't program the AI players to face the play correctly, and/or they can't program the players to intercept the pucks only when they're facing the play. So don't worry, they won't do anything about it.

Besides, that is only part of the issue, there's so many things happening in the game (especially with CPU) players), that do not correspond with what's visually going on the screen, that it's quite futile.

I was just cursing this the other day when reviewing a situation with a CPU player. I couldn't believe how it could intercept my pass. It was following behind my player at close range, holding its stick with one hand, and when I passed the puck, away from the CPU player, the puck magically directed towards it (ie. 90 degrees away from where I was aiming). Without any action or animation from the CPU player. It just does that because the players have this invisible interception force field around them, it doesnt' matter what the CPU player is doing or not doing. There's clear disconnect between what's looks to be happening, and what actually happens. Shame I didn't take a video of it, it's perfect example. Next time then, and it will be soon enough.

But it's plain to see that this game was never about physics; it's not even about animations - it's the ratings behind the play that determine what happens, at least for the most part ( would claim). There aren't nearly enough animations to depict what is really happening, so you just see the puck jumping from your player to the CPU opponent. This game is sadly lacking in this sense, and it will never be great when at least 50% of what's happening in the game has no direct connection with what's visually going on the screen. You just need to accept that at this point.

We want a game where you got to face the play in order to realistically intercept a pass. We want a game where the opponent doesn't just pick the puck from you with NO active action or visual feedback. But I doubt we're ever going to get it.

• Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    The reason players can intercept pucks with their backs turned is that they can't program the AI players to face the play correctly, and/or they can't program the players to intercept the pucks only when they're facing the play. So don't worry, they won't do anything about it.

Besides, that is only part of the issue, there's so many things happening in the game (especially with CPU) players), that do not correspond with what's visually going on the screen, that it's quite futile.

I was just cursing this the other day when reviewing a situation with a CPU player. I couldn't believe how it could intercept my pass. It was following behind my player at close range, holding its stick with one hand, and when I passed the puck, away from the CPU player, the puck magically directed towards it (ie. 90 degrees away from where I was aiming). Without any action or animation from the CPU player. It just does that because the players have this invisible interception force field around them, it doesnt' matter what the CPU player is doing or not doing. There's clear disconnect between what's looks to be happening, and what actually happens. Shame I didn't take a video of it, it's perfect example. Next time then, and it will be soon enough.

But it's plain to see that this game was never about physics; it's not even about animations - it's the ratings behind the play that determine what happens, at least for the most part ( would claim). There aren't nearly enough animations to depict what is really happening, so you just see the puck jumping from your player to the CPU opponent. This game is sadly lacking in this sense, and it will never be great when at least 50% of what's happening in the game has no direct connection with what's visually going on the screen. You just need to accept that at this point.

We want a game where you got to face the play in order to realistically intercept a pass. We want a game where the opponent doesn't just pick the puck from you with NO active action or visual feedback. But I doubt we're ever going to get it.

Great post man.

It's sad we asked (or many of us did) for this approach since I've been on these forums, that's like 10 years ago?
    I even pushed for it as this "Gamechanger" as they wanna call it. It just doesn't matter, it doesn't matter at all.

Look where we are.
    I don't think it's a "good place" as they say.

After so many years of development and how much THEY ask for this game every year.

It's bad, it's really bad.
  • Since the game engine is built around momentum it is important that false turnovers do not occur. Almost every single game I play a pass will go astray for no reason but most likely the intercept AOE is tuned way too high. It is very frustrating being in a close game, every game to have a pass automatically zoom over to an opponent. This is the complaint that needs addressing the most. It is very common in my gameplay to have the momentum using umbrella formation then give away a free break away or interception by the game not passing where intended. As the game reads this as an intercept it boosts the opponents momentum and almost always results in a goal immediately thereafter. Please fix this at least half my games are ruined by this one proper tuning.
  • *ruined by this improper tuning.