EA Forums - Banner

Score and clock position

Please move the clock and score back to top of screen! I can barely see the power play clock at the bottom! Thanks for listening

Replies

• ya it's terrible positioning. Also you cant tell who is being offered a fight because the energy meter is on top of it
  • HurricaneFza
    385 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I actually dont mind the clock on the bottom. I put it as small as it can go. Sometimes the puck gets lost behind my net but I dont mind. Last year I removed the scoreboard within the first 10 games.
    Post edited by HurricaneFza on
  • I have gotten used to the new position. I do wish it wouldn't flash on the powerplay. It is annoying.
  • I actually dont mind the clock on the bottom. I put it as small as it can go. Sometimes the puck gets lost behind my net but I dont mind. Last year I removed the scoreboard within the first 10 games.

I dont necessarily *mind* it down there... in *theory*

The problem is for defensemen its brutal - half the time its' covering my player. If they implemented it better it could be ok
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    I actually dont mind the clock on the bottom. I put it as small as it can go. Sometimes the puck gets lost behind my net but I dont mind. Last year I removed the scoreboard within the first 10 games.

The problem is for defensemen its brutal - half the time its' covering my player. If they implemented it better it could be ok

The scoreboard needs to not be considered part of the live screen. You lose players behind it and while playing defense you can't see any player indicators for people off screen.
  • Steven5470
    351 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I find it funny how EA says they applied a new presentation to be more like TV, yet, in all the real NHL games, not one had the score or clock on the bottom of the screen. It's a terrible placement decision and the flashing power play must go.
  • Another thing I noticed is that the power play timer isnt shown until after the puck drops for each faceoff. I want to look at how much time is left on a PP or PK between plays or as the faceoff is setting up. Not when I need to focus on what I'm doing on the ice.
  • NHLDev
    1680 posts EA NHL Developer
    IceLion68 wrote: »

The presentation team made changes for the latest update to move the indicators above the scoreclock position. If you are still losing them behind it, it is possible you don't have the scoreclock calibrated down to the edge as far as it can go on an HD screen. Double check your TV's aspect ratio and ensure you are moving the clock down under the Calibration screen as far as it can go.
  • NHLDev wrote: »

The presentation team made changes for the latest update to move the indicators above the scoreclock position. If you are still losing them behind it, it is possible you don't have the scoreclock calibrated down to the edge as far as it can go on an HD screen. Double check your TV's aspect ratio and ensure you are moving the clock down under the Calibration screen as far as it can go.

Or just either re program the entire thing to the way it was in 19 or give us a barebones option that displays the clock and score on top. Tracking the puck behind the defensive zone net is a problem because the overlay literally doesn't fade like like it used to. You've received this feedback since the beta and calibration keeps getting brought up as a response. The entire overlay needs an overhaul.
  • phil7488 wrote: »
    NHLDev wrote: »

Or just either re program the entire thing to the way it was in 19 or give us a barebones option that displays the clock and score on top. Tracking the puck behind the defensive zone net is a problem because the overlay literally doesn't fade like like it used to. You've received this feedback since the beta and calibration keeps getting brought up as a response. The entire overlay needs an overhaul.

Its like they don't even play the game, ya you might have fixed the icons but what about the puck.
  • NHLDev wrote: »

Could you please give us back the option to use a small scoreboard in the top corner? We can lose sight of the puck behind our net if using the overhead camera, and having to look down at the bottom of the screen for the clock, offside/icing warnings, time left on PP/PK (and having to guess which side the PP timer is on) is incredibly inconvenient.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member

What camera do you use? I play on zone and it's never, or rarely ever covering my player. Never enough to notice. at least.

I've gotten used to the scoreboard on the bottom. Doesn't bother me.
  • Sinbin wrote: »

What camera do you use? I play on zone and it's never, or rarely ever covering my player. Never enough to notice. at least.

I've gotten used to the scoreboard on the bottom. Doesn't bother me.

Yet it bothers the majority. It's a very big departure from something that has been the same for years, and in my opinion, really didn't need to be touched. The whole tired lightshow with flashing colors and animations, glancing down at it continuously while the play is at the very top or bottom of your screen is tiresome. It was built for silly arcade modes like 3s and feels so out of place in Club. It needs to go.
  • Yes, please give the top screen scoreboard an option again, hate when they show who got assists on the goal and the play is already started again. And take out the flashing of players pictures, thought something was wrong with my vision! B)
  • klakman
    2 posts New member
    The scoreboard is for the worst thing on NHL20, give us classic scoreboard option pls
  • MooseHunter10
    402 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I've gotten used to playing with no scoreboard now.

A few things that could make the no-scoreboard option better:

- After goals (and penalties?), the scoreboard will flash at the bottom for a few frames. I can sometimes catch the game time or score, but would be nice if it stayed up little longer.

- Make better use of the in-arena scoreboard. The in-arena scoreclock gets turned off at whistles (goes full black, only to come back when puck drops), and cut-scenes in early unlocked arena's show more shots off the end of the rink without the scoreboard.

- Sitting in the penalty box, no idea when my penalty is ending. I dont even know if I got a 5 minute or a 2. Could give a small overlay on the bottom when in the box.
    EASHL player