EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

Too much squad battles !

Above1988
79 posts Member
edited October 2019
I wish I could say that I just dont have time for this anymore.... the problem is it offers the best rewards for competiting online , like some kind of cruel tease.

I hit Elite 1 every week, only because theres always just that one game thats impossible to score 5 goals on for some reason and prevents me from getting top 100.

The 17000 coins and packs that you get are way better than anything I ever get from hut champions or comp seasons(im generally in top 100-300 for those).The problem is I just hate playing 36 (+) full games against the cpu every week. I mean this is literally a full time job.

I play NHL because I want to play against a human rival. NOT grind out mindless computer simulations week after week with no time to do
anything else.

I get people like playing against the cpu and Im not saying get rid of Squad battles. But can we please reduce the number of games that need to be played?? Especially this 4 games every 12 hours on weekends thing, its just brutal!

Also why are the rewards so much better here?! I know im going to receive backlash for this but it just seems counter intuitive to offer the best rewards for a gamemode thats supposed to be about competing online against other players by winning against the cpu offline....

Why does nobody have a problem with this?

I mean seriously whats the point of even playing online anymore when all you have to do to get the "hockey ultimate team" is play squad battles against the cpu?? Its almost like this should just be a separate game mode all together.

Please consider this

Post edited by Above1988 on

Replies

• Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    No. Don't change them. Squad Battles are fantastic. If you don't have the time to play them all, that doesn't mean it should change for everyone. You should be rewarded for the effort you put in to it. I think Squad Battles does a good job of that.
  • They shouldn't change them, there should be an offline option to bulid your team effectively and that is it. But there should be an online mode added like a survival pool like in Chel or something online H2H based that gives comparable rewards. A HUT season rewards a pack of 5 junk items and like a 3k bonus, nothing compaired to squad battles rewards, they should up the rewards of online play to be equal to that of the squad battles
  • It's good as is just dont like 12 hour resets on weekends
  • Squad Battles is a fantastic alternative to HUT Offline Seasons. Instead of reducing Squad Battle Rewards, they should increase Online Season rewards. Make any weekly online tournaments even more rewarding cause as you mentioned, this mode is mainly made to be played online.
  • rpmfdnhl
    78 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Above1988 wrote: »
    I wish I could say that I just dont have time for this anymore.... the problem is it offers the best rewards for competiting online , like some kind of cruel tease.

I hit Elite 1 every week, only because theres always just that one game thats impossible to score 5 goals on for some reason and prevents me from getting top 100.

The 17000 coins and packs that you get are way better than anything I ever get from hut champions or comp seasons(im generally in top 100-300 for those).The problem is I just hate playing 36 (+) full games against the cpu every week. I mean this is literally a full time job.

I play NHL because I want to play against a human rival. NOT grind out mindless computer simulations week after week with no time to do
    anything else.

I get people like playing against the cpu and Im not saying get rid of Squad battles. But can we please reduce the number of games that need to be played?? Especially this 4 games every 12 hours on weekends thing, its just brutal!

Also why are the rewards so much better here?! I know im going to receive backlash for this but it just seems counter intuitive to offer the best rewards for a gamemode thats supposed to be about competing online against other players by winning against the cpu offline....

Why does nobody have a problem with this?

I mean seriously whats the point of even playing online anymore when all you have to do to get the "hockey ultimate team" is play squad battles against the cpu?? Its almost like this should just be a separate game mode all together.

Please consider this

This is the outcome that is intended, well, that and now you're supposed to buy packs or coins or whatever. It's designed to hopefully get you frustrated enough to give in and buy the crap to make your life a little easier.

It's a rigged system. Walk away.

And yes, Sinbin, there is proof of this. There are countless videos detailing how these companies (not just EA) operate.

Walk away.

When video games were only available in an arcade, they were designed to have quarters be put in them repeatedly. When things changed to home consoles things changed a bit because there was no incentive to rig games. But, now we have a new reason to rig them and you've fallen right into it. Accept it or not, things won't change until you WALK AWAY.
  • jason12311 wrote: »
    It's good as is just dont like 12 hour resets on weekends

Be thankful it isn't like FUT where it was 8hrs on the weekends.

Anyways the mode is meant to be a grind and time consuming. The kicker is that it's up to you if you want to grind it out each and every week. There are people with plenty of time and they grind both Squad Battles and the Online tourneys. If you can't do it or find it boring then well maybe it's just not for you. Put in the time and results you get the rewards
  • Moarty83
    2 posts New member
    Too many mandatory games. Its so easy to get into elite 1 every week, but it is so boring. Also Playing 16 weekend SB games and 20 HUT champions games takes too much time. It starts to not be about the skill but only about the grind. Please consider reducing the number of maximum games that only give advantages. For everyone who wants to play more there are still enough other seasons.
  • Nope. Going to disagree with the OP on this one. The only problem with Squads is that you are always the road team. Everything else about the mode is perfect. It's an alternative to online play not really an accompaniment and the rewards should differ.

I'll play 10 to 15 Squad games a week and pick up some pretty cool swag. Picked up the Global Series Gostisbehere and a Gold Collectable in my rewards this week. Added to my pack for playing 3 online games I'll get enough sweaters or player cards to reroll in other sets for packs. If people have the time to get in all 37 games, more power to them and they should be rewarded.

For too long HUT only rewarded online play and the disparty in talent level really made it no fun. I usually cashed out around the All-star game or when I completed all the Challenges at Pro or lower. Now I can play a varity of teams on a skill level I can compete at and have a reason to participate in the Auction House and build up a team.
  • Above1988
    79 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Nope. Going to disagree with the OP on this one. The only problem with Squads is that you are always the road team. Everything else about the mode is perfect. It's an alternative to online play not really an accompaniment and the rewards should differ.

I'll play 10 to 15 Squad games a week and pick up some pretty cool swag. Picked up the Global Series Gostisbehere and a Gold Collectable in my rewards this week. Added to my pack for playing 3 online games I'll get enough sweaters or player cards to reroll in other sets for packs. If people have the time to get in all 37 games, more power to them and they should be rewarded.

For too long HUT only rewarded online play and the disparty in talent level really made it no fun. I usually cashed out around the All-star game or when I completed all the Challenges at Pro or lower. Now I can play a varity of teams on a skill level I can compete at and have a reason to participate in the Auction House and build up a team.

Yea and now youre going to cash out allot sooner because everyone that has the time to grind out these 36 games a week are going to rake in all these coin and pack bonuses and completely dominate when you play them online.

People are not seeing the flipped side of this coin...all youre seeing is: "oh squad battles! Look I can win prizes! Great! I dont have to play every game if I dont want to! My hut team is going to be better than ever this year! Yay!"

The fact of the matter is the top players are still using this to their advantage (better than you can) and having to play 36+ full games games against the computer on Superstar mode every week is unnecessary and a waste of time.
    Post edited by Above1988 on
  • Moarty83 wrote: »
    Too many mandatory games. Its so easy to get into elite 1 every week, but it is so boring. Also Playing 16 weekend SB games and 20 HUT champions games takes too much time. It starts to not be about the skill but only about the grind. Please consider reducing the number of maximum games that only give advantages. For everyone who wants to play more there are still enough other seasons.

Thank You Moarty!

Can somebody else please agree that playing 36+ games a week against the computer is beyond ridiculous?!
  • Above1988
    79 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Squad Battles is a fantastic alternative to HUT Offline Seasons. Instead of reducing Squad Battle Rewards, they should increase Online Season rewards. Make any weekly online tournaments even more rewarding cause as you mentioned, this mode is mainly made to be played online.

Ok, but you dont think playing 36+ games a week against the computer is at all tedious?!

Why cant they make it so that you still get the same rewards for playing like half the games?!

The elite and top 100 guys are always going to be elite and top 100 regardless so whats the difference?!

If you haven't caught my drift yet, the question Im asking is: "Why does it have to be 36 games a week!?"
  • Above1988 wrote: »
    Nope. Going to disagree with the OP on this one. The only problem with Squads is that you are always the road team. Everything else about the mode is perfect. It's an alternative to online play not really an accompaniment and the rewards should differ.

Yea and now youre going to cash out allot sooner because everyone that has the time to grind out these 36 games a week are going to rake in all these coin and pack bonuses and completely dominate when you play them online.

People are not seeing the flipped side of this coin...all youre seeing is: "oh squad battles! Look I can win prizes! Great! I dont have to play every game if I dont want to! My hut team is going to be better than ever this year! Yay!"

The fact of the matter is the top players are still using this to their advantage (better than you can) and having to play 36+ full games games against the computer on Superstar mode every week is unnecessary and a waste of time.

I don't consider it a worthy effort to spend hours playing a single game. NHL is my favorite and I'll play 1 game in the morning before work and then 1 or 2 of the challenges after work. If I spend 2 or 3 hours on an occasional Saturday morning playing I'll rotate between FIFA, Madden and NHL to get 1 or 2 games of each.

I'll support anyone 100% that wants to grind or take advantage to always be in the top. That is not me and too often they take the enjoyment out of playing when I come across them in an online game.