EA Forums - Banner

Cross-Play: It's time EA

2Next

Replies

• Madden and FIFA would get this before NHL. EA would use this as a promotional Avenue for those games next year I'd imagine.

I don't think it's a question of who does it first. I think it's a question of who makes it functional first lol.
  • Madden and FIFA would get this before NHL. EA would use this as a promotional Avenue for those games next year I'd imagine.

I don't think it's a question of who does it first. I think it's a question of who makes it functional first lol.

I've actually noticed a drop in the amount of disconnect issues I've had compared to last year. I know it's anecdotal, but it seems like they're moving towards the right direction.
  • Although crossplay would be awesome and I think it's eventually inevitable, that's not the reason for the long wait times inbetween games.

It's from all the new game modes splitting the playerbase, and also getting rid of the 12 man lobby system and only having the matchmaker.
  • Does anyone know if EA has added Xbox PS4 cross platform play yet to NHL?
  • Asking the same thing. This is ridiculous of EA to not allow it. Especially now with the lockdown in place. SHAME on EA sport for not doing this earlier!!! :(
  • I would agree that this is a basic feature for on-line play. It's the same game so regardless of platform it should work...on-line. WOT, Fortnite, etc... many games function on-line why can't EA allow cross-platform for a on-line sport? People are locked out of on-line friend/buddy play because the don't have the same systems. Especially with the current virus lockdown, this would be great to allow them to play on-line regardless of which systems they have. I think this is just a shameless oversight by EA Sport and not PS4 and Xbox.
  • Would be nice to setup an on-line season or a playoff format with buds for fun. I can live with the single game format and keep the stats/season manually recorded but the killer is that the cross-platform limitation restricts all friends from playing. A real buzz killer!

With the current Corona Virus lockdown, it would be great if everyone who has EA NHL 20 could play on-line against each other. Can't understand why EA doesn't open this up to cross-platform on-line play.

When it used to be PC driven, it wasn't like that had difficulties running the game wiht 100 varations of motherboards/PC/videocards. We are only talking 2 platforms with almost 100% simulatry in everything about them...2! platforms.

Again, just another letdown from EA Sports NHL. :(

I would really like a season or playoff mode for on-line too. ;)
  • Omg this would do wonders for the community. Club would have a huge revival.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4836 posts EA Community Manager
    Cross-platform would be amazing and you're starting to see more of it in games in the last couple years, no doubt it looks to be the future. There's been mentions of EA exploring cross-platform gameplay for other EA titles, however for the NHL franchise we can't confirm anything in the works as of right now. It's quite an undertaking though from a technical standpoint so it wouldn't be something that can be easily patched in to accommodate what's happening in the world right now. We'll continue to relay to the team about the growing interest around it from the NHL community though, thanks for your support!
  • EA_Blueberry
    @UionWarDog

Merged your post to this one since it was related.
  • EA Blueberry, thanks for the reply. The, it takes time, doesn't hold any water. EA has had years to develop this. With so many other on-line games already it seems more like EA NHL has been asleep at the wheel and just hitting reset in producing it's latest releases. I would agree that H2H play is great but in modern times people are busy and can't stop everything to play games at a single location. On-line gaming brings that H2H experience back to life, assuming you have fast internet ;) You can't tell me that cross-platform of Fortnite was easier than setting up EA NHL. I think is just, 'oh it's working so don't bother with it and work on new game developments'. Seems the EA NHL fan base is being left out for game development or is getting second rate support. :(
  • UionWarDog wrote: »
    EA Blueberry, thanks for the reply. The, it takes time, doesn't hold any water. EA has had years to develop this. With so many other on-line games already it seems more like EA NHL has been asleep at the wheel and just hitting reset in producing it's latest releases. I would agree that H2H play is great but in modern times people are busy and can't stop everything to play games at a single location. On-line gaming brings that H2H experience back to life, assuming you have fast internet ;) You can't tell me that cross-platform of Fortnite was easier than setting up EA NHL. I think is just, 'oh it's working so don't bother with it and work on new game developments'. Seems the EA NHL fan base is being left out for game development or is getting second rate support. :(

Sony and Microsoft are also part of the equation, so it's not a single company that decides. It's only been recently that Sony has been more open to the concept, IIRC.
  • EA_Blueberry

Sony and Microsoft are also part of the equation, so it's not a single company that decides. It's only been recently that Sony has been more open to the concept, IIRC.

Yes, Sony and Microsoft do have a large say in deciding how games are played on their platforms. That's an important takeaway from this too.
  • Cross play is 100% needed. It's severely lacking and at this point, there's no excuse why it can't be done...
  • Cross play is needed in NHL more than ANY other game that EA sports produces BECAUSE of the small player base.

Also, yes! The NHL 19 beta was when a lot of my friends got on board and started playing.. it was free and they all loved it.. the game came out and they lost interest.. with superhuman AI taking over a lot of our games I can't EVER get my real life friends to play this game anymore.. it sucks.. the devs just don't seem to actually care at all..
  • Treatmentworke66
    977 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Cross play is needed in NHL more than ANY other game that EA sports produces BECAUSE of the small player base.

Also, yes! The NHL 19 beta was when a lot of my friends got on board and started playing.. it was free and they all loved it.. the game came out and they lost interest.. with superhuman AI taking over a lot of our games I can't EVER get my real life friends to play this game anymore.. it sucks.. the devs just don't seem to actually care at all..

19 had so much promise when it first came,but then came the changes came almost every other week all in the name of creating a skill gap..and as for cross lay they should try to figure out why the game plays different in PS4 from the way it plays on Xbox ,then try to make a game that at least resembles hockey just a little
    1 posts New member
    If they wanted to, a great idea would be to have a smaller 3v3 type "pond hockey" to test it out and work out the kinks. You would have access to 4 players on each team. 3 players and a goalie. Cross platform play. That way they have a chance to see what they at EA need to do to tweak their systems in order for having full NHL team vs team the following season, rather than just bulling forward and having so much go wrong that they lose the faith of the players. Id rather wait 2 seasons to know i can can play online with cross play as smoothly as a COD game( Better if all the planets align.)
    I mean, im not a game designer by any means but if they can have 100 folks running around in WarZone at one time with crossplay, i feel confident in thinking that 6 v 6 (5players and a goalie) shouldnt be that difficult.