EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Bring changes to EASHL rules

Ampereturn
67 posts Member
edited October 2019
I think, it's time to definitely do the change to EASHL rules. We do not want to play against CPU (AI) players anymore! Imagine the situation:

We are playing 6vs6 drop-in game and we are winning 5:0 so you know, some opponents decided to disconnect, because there is no chance for them to beat us. After they've disconnected from the game they have been replaced by AI players, but this is not the team we decided to play against at the beginning of the game! Why we have to play the rest of the game against AI players? We already won!

So I suggest the following changes to EASHL rules:

1. At least 4 players required on each side (not 2) to play 6vs6.

2. When one team is loosing and therefore some guys have disconnected, they should be replaced by rookie AI players. Do NOT make a balance of the game play automatically by adding superstar AI players!

The last note: Please turn ON defensive action of AI defenders as it was at the beginning of EASHL in NHL 19! Nothing is more frustrated as you can see that your AI defenders doing absolutely nothing, they are always opening space for the attackers.
Post edited by Ampereturn on

Replies

• @NHLDev , I think, it would be nice to bring changes to EASHL rules. CPU (AI) players have to be eliminated as much as possible. We cannot be penalized because we decided to stay in the game!
  • What about those who didn't quit? What if the ones that quit were the reason they were losing in the first place. Do the guys who didn't back out take a loss?

A better solution is to allow people to join in progress, imo.

• A better solution is to allow people to join in progress, imo.

joins game down 4-0 middle of the 2nd

*Leaves*

Joins ANOTHER game mid second, only down 6-0
  • EASHL needs to be changed completely
    Tie in be a pro with your club (EASHL) player. Sooo many ppl would buy this gm instead less are buying. I left over 100 unopened bags in 19. Totally pointless.
  • What about those who didn't quit? What if the ones that quit were the reason they were losing in the first place. Do the guys who didn't back out take a loss?

Hockey is a team game. You are winning as a team, you are loosing as a team. Btw, you cannot change team members during the game play. This will not be the exact team you decided to play against at the beginning of the game. At least 4 players required on each side (6vs6), because it is more fair than chasing cheating AI players. If someone wants to play with three or two players there is a 3vs3 drop-in game for them.
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Ampereturn wrote: »
    What about those who didn't quit? What if the ones that quit were the reason they were losing in the first place. Do the guys who didn't back out take a loss?

Hockey is a team game. You are winning as a team, you are loosing as a team. Btw, you cannot change team members during the game play. This will not be the exact team you decided to play against at the beginning of the game. At least 4 players required on each side (6vs6), because it is more fair than chasing cheating AI players. If someone wants to play with three or two players there is a 3vs3 drop-in game for them.

Um, when you play on a pond, you can hop on and off the ice as much as you wish. That being said, allowing players to join a game in progress is not a bad idea at all. The game should ask you if you wish to join a lobby, or a game in progress.
    Yes hockey is a team game, but there is a coach to decide who plays and who doesn't. Not a luxury in dropins. You get what you get, just like a box of chocolates.

Club games is not an issue.
  • I don't agree with people joining any game they want mid game. To me, that's just kind of too much. You'll have people leaving and swapping in better players to win games or people asking their friends who are insane at the game to jump in mid game to help out for a period or whatever, or just randoms joining the game that you may not even want in the game. However, I DO think that there absolutely needs to be a way that players that maybe get booted or lag out or whatever can rejoin the game that they were already in. The fact that that's not in the game already is mind boggling.
  • At the end of the day, most complaints like these are a result of how CR is impacted. Either remove CR completely or limit the amount lost based on how many opposing players quit in the event of those miraculous AI comebacks.
    So with that said, I agree that our rating should be based on the team we decided to play against, but as those players leave, the impact that their competitive rating would have on yours should also be removed or dramatically scaled back.
  • Ampereturn wrote: »
    What about those who didn't quit? What if the ones that quit were the reason they were losing in the first place. Do the guys who didn't back out take a loss?

Um, when you play on a pond, you can hop on and off the ice as much as you wish. That being said, allowing players to join a game in progress is not a bad idea at all. The game should ask you if you wish to join a lobby, or a game in progress.
    Yes hockey is a team game, but there is a coach to decide who plays and who doesn't. Not a luxury in dropins. You get what you get, just like a box of chocolates.

Yes, drop-in game is on a pond, but do not forget, is competitive, not just for fun.
  • 33mbc33 wrote: »
    EASHL needs to be changed completely
    Tie in be a pro with your club (EASHL) player. Sooo many ppl would buy this gm instead less are buying. I left over 100 unopened bags in 19. Totally pointless.

I've asked for that on here a few times. Makes the most sense...gives drop in a purpose again, and brings back some of the NHL ambiance they removed with the CHEL nonsense.

Yes, drop-in game is on a pond, but do not forget, is competitive, not just for fun.

But it is irrelevant. Hard to claim competitive when you get random players with huge varying degrees of skill. In real life, you would have line changes and options to bench a player. This is not a part of dropins.

Not to mention players that will not pass the puck no matter what, players that take as many penalties as possible, players that stay offside to troll, goalies that abandon their nets to troll, etc.. Not really a competitive environment if you ask me. Sure, you get games where people actually play as a team and try to win, but it isn't the norm.
  • Easy fix.... Your eashl player can not begin another game until the current one finishes. Add time-outs for higher percentage dnf players.
  • Easy fix.... Your eashl player can not begin another game until the current one finishes. Add time-outs for higher percentage dnf players.

No it's not an easy fix. I am not going to be punished for quitting a game where my D man refuses to play D and is always way up ice, or the goalie wandering out of his net, or the player taking 7 penalties a game, or the troll who is constantly offside, or the player that never passes the puck and constantly turns it over, or the player that is just simply a horrible player dragging everyone down. I quit and move on to the next.
  • You should be able to join games already in progress if there's CPU players (optional as some players might not like this). Should also be able to invite friends to join a game in progress to replace CPU players.

But it is irrelevant. Hard to claim competitive when you get random players with huge varying degrees of skill. In real life, you would have line changes and options to bench a player. This is not a part of dropins.

Not to mention players that will not pass the puck no matter what, players that take as many penalties as possible, players that stay offside to troll, goalies that abandon their nets to troll, etc.. Not really a competitive environment if you ask me. Sure, you get games where people actually play as a team and try to win, but it isn't the norm.

Random players or not, I don't care so much. Important for me is, that I can play with real people, not with AI. If you are playing long enough, you can identify many players, their qualities or weaknesses and you can choose whether you join the team or not. Result of the game is, that your CR is impacted, so yes, it is competitive.

Random players or not, I don't care so much. Important for me is, that I can play with real people, not with AI. If you are playing long enough, you can identify many players, their qualities or weaknesses and you can choose whether you join the team or not. Result of the game is, that your CR is impacted, so yes, it is competitive.

That is your opinion and certainly a way to look at it.

I see it differently, and that's fine.

I love this idea. They have a similar concept in Halo where if you quit you cannot join matchmaking games for x minutes which increases each time you quit. Makes for a better experience because people don't quit near as much as other games where this isn't a thing.
  • VeNOM2099
    2892 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I think, it's time to definitely do the change to EASHL rules. We do not want to play against CPU (AI) players anymore! Imagine the situation:

We are playing 6vs6 drop-in game and we are winning 5:0 so you know, some opponents decided to disconnect, because there is no chance for them to beat us. After they've disconnected from the game they have been replaced by AI players, but this is not the team we decided to play against at the beginning of the game! Why we have to play the rest of the game against AI players? We already won!

So I suggest the following changes to EASHL rules:

1. At least 4 players required on each side (not 2) to play 6vs6.

2. When one team is loosing and therefore some guys have disconnected, they should be replaced by rookie AI players. Do NOT make a balance of the game play automatically by adding superstar AI players!

The last note: Please turn ON defensive action of AI defenders as it was at the beginning of EASHL in NHL 19! Nothing is more frustrated as you can see that your AI defenders doing absolutely nothing, they are always opening space for the attackers.

#1 - Why is it people have so much trouble with the AI in EASHL, but they're fine with it in HUT and Squad Battle games? The problem here is NOT the AI but that human players tend to give up against the AI in EASHL games because of a false notion that the AI is over powered. Both EASHL and HUT are played with the same slider settings (Preset 3 - Competitive) and the AI is on All Star. If you can score 10 exploit goals in HUT, you should be able to do that same in EASHL/Drop-ins. More even because you're not alone, you have other humans with you to help you exploit the AI even further. Just stop believing the stuff others say about the AI and do what you know works.

#2 - One thing I agree with is that if Drop-ins are "for fun", then there shouldn't be any stat tracking or CR awarded to the winning/losing players. It's pond hockey. It's shinny. Just let people have fun without worrying about their stats or CR points.

#3 - Barring that, put the same rules as in club games. If goalie leaves, game ends. Or maybe just have a warning pop up saying that one of the goalies left the game and win/lose will not count. So people can just stay anyways and complete the game now that it's bereft of meaning.

#4 - We've been clamoring for EA to make drop-ins actually BE drop-ins for so many years now. Let players join a game in progress. Have them queue in and then wait until the next stoppage in play to have them come on the ice. Other games allow this and it works great. NHL sorely needs something like this to keep the game mode alive. Because playing with 4 out of 6 players vs. 2 out of 6 players on the other side is NOT fun. If I start a 6v6 game, I want it to end 6v6. If players wanna quit, that's fine. Just let other join that are waiting to play and can't find a full lobby. There you go! Now you've solved two problems in one fell swoop! Players who can't find games after searching forever and players who are already in games but missing players on either side!

You're welcome! ;)

No it's not an easy fix. I am not going to be punished for quitting a game where my D man refuses to play D and is always way up ice, or the goalie wandering out of his net, or the player taking 7 penalties a game, or the troll who is constantly offside, or the player that never passes the puck and constantly turns it over, or the player that is just simply a horrible player dragging everyone down. I quit and move on to the next.

It needs to be an exponentially increasing timer. It lengthens each time you quit. That would work.
  • Ijkla
    4 posts New member
    The solution subsidize. Go back to one dressing room. If you have 2 or 3 skaters it auto matches you to 3 vs 3. If you have 4 or more you match to 6’s. Rookie AI skaters for infilled spots and people that drop out.