EA Forums - Banner

So many people just walking away from this game

Prev1
Almost everyone I know that plays this game is just fed up and walking away. Every year in the past on my friends list it was always 90% NHL players. Now they are all playing something else and just load it up when the leagues are playing. So many people are done with this train wreck. If it isn't the nonsense of the momentum that carries this stupid game then it's the idiotic back skating trash that has plagued this series for the last 2 years and this company seems so blind to do anything about it.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why this direction is what this development team is wanting

Replies

• If I'm being honest, the first 3 weeks were infuriating to me. I only played squad battles, and was on all star the entire time. I never raged so bad before. Literally felt like superstar ai.

Then I changed to actually play on superstar, and somehow, every complaint I had evaporated. Which baffles me, because the behaviour of the game that bothered me, is supposed to be present in superstar difficulty, but i found that to be true of all star.

So offline, that might be a solution.

Online... Outside of the game thinking I'm east coast when I'm west, i don't usually find anything outside of what I expect lag to do. But that's just me.
  • Ea is focused on Hut which is a huge money maker. There’s guys that spend thousands to build there team. Hate to be the complainer but this game needs a complete makeover
  • 33mbc33
    10 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    The worst part about it is everyone is expressing the game is stale ea gives us hats and goalie masks lol

[Socair - edited swear filter]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • I did, I purged almost all of my friends list related to NHL, they weren't playing it either and more less just watching netflix. I just now have my small COD list.
  • I have walked from it as well. And I supported this game through NHL 18 and NHL 19.
  • I started playing at nhl 11 and simply have no desire to purchase nhl 20.......game has sucked since 13
  • I'd love to play some hockey, but sadly, there are no hockey games. I heard Hog 'n Score 21 is coming next year, but it isn't hockey either.
  • I haven't touched it since "we made no gameplay changes because we feel it's in a good place" and my quality of life during my freetime has risen substantially.
  • Don't blame you guys ,this game is far from being in a good place
  • jrago73 wrote: »
    I haven't touched it since "we made no gameplay changes because we feel it's in a good place" and my quality of life during my freetime has risen substantially.

Same here for same reason.
  • Don't blame you guys ,this game is far from being in a good place

Looks like someone didn't read the patch notes:
    Hello NHL Community,

The newest content update for NHL20 will be live tomorrow on October 1st! This includes newly revealed adidas jerseys, Franchise Mode updates as well as a fix for the HUT loop/desync.

Although we usually release a tuner around this time, we believe there is a consensus that the gameplay in NHL20 is in a good place so we don’t want to make any changes as of now. But there are a few areas we are monitoring and would like your feedback on:
  • 33mbc33 wrote: »
    The worst part about it is everyone is expressing the game is stale ea gives us hats and goalie masks lol

I never saw any new Goalie masks in the customizing options. Not at any Team there.
  • Froommey wrote: »
    33mbc33 wrote: »

I never saw any new Goalie masks in the customizing options. Not at any Team there.

he probably meant those player face mask bandanna type they added this year. I dunno the real term.

he probably meant those player face mask bandanna type they added this year. I dunno the real term.

He meant the Chel customization ? I do not know this kind of gear or mode of bandanas, scarfs, jogging trousers .... not my thing. Useful new Goalie masks are nothing bad and should be added to the customization in general the same as all useful real new Equipment. Today they promised a false advertisement in Twitter. They told that the Bauer Supreme ADV twig stick is available now in NHL 20. So thats not true, didn’t find him in the customization zone so they made this stick only for Chel or Hut players.
    Froommey wrote: »

He meant the Chel customization ? I do not know this kind of gear or mode of bandanas, scarfs, jogging trousers .... not my thing. Useful new Goalie masks are nothing bad and should be added to the customization in general the same as all useful real new Equipment. Today they promised a false advertisement in Twitter. They told that the Bauer Supreme ADV twig stick is available now in NHL 20. So thats not true, didn’t find him in the customization zone so they made this stick only for Chel or Hut players.

Yea I think he meant CHEL stuff.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Don't blame you guys ,this game is far from being in a good place

Hello NHL Community,

The newest content update for NHL20 will be live tomorrow on October 1st! This includes newly revealed adidas jerseys, Franchise Mode updates as well as a fix for the HUT loop/desync.

Although we usually release a tuner around this time, we believe there is a consensus that the gameplay in NHL20 is in a good place so we don’t want to make any changes as of now. But there are a few areas we are monitoring and would like your feedback on:

Lol sir...help me out Mr Venom a consenus of amongst whom
  • I'd love to play some hockey, but sadly, there are no hockey games. I heard Hog 'n Score 21 is coming next year, but it isn't hockey either.

ROBLOX Hockey anyone? lmfao

ROBLOX Hockey anyone? lmfao

LOL, that may actually work. Who knows? lmfao
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »

Hello NHL Community,

Obviously everyone who's playing this game. I mean, it's not like they'd do something just to appease a certain portion of the community which helps them rake in the cash through HUT packs.

That would be silly!
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »

Hello NHL Community,

Obviously everyone who's playing this game. I mean, it's not like they'd do something just to appease a certain portion of the community which helps them rake in the cash through HUT packs.

That would be silly!

While i definitely know this game has issues, and I was definitely ragging on the Devs for a bit recently with how bad the game felt to me, i will say the rage/anger inducing moments have almost all but disappeared since moving to superstar.

It's backwards to me, that my passing plays and just gameplay in general work better on superstar, while all star feels like the ai gets magical abilities.