EA Forums - Banner

Back turned exploit

venx88
posts New member
I'm not really sure what to call this honestly but I cant be the only one getting fed up with this mechanic. Too long has this been going on where if the opposing players back is turned to you, hes completely untouchable. They nerfed the backskating in the beta but when the game released it was brought back for whatever reason and now its worse than ever before... Now players have taken it to the extreme of camping in the offensive corner with their backs turned toward the defense just waiting for the cross crease pass to open up. Its not fun to play against and its quite possibly the most boring gameplay ive ever experienced. I hoped that from the beta EA may have learned from 19 but I was clearly wrong... A massive disappointment

Replies

• venx88 wrote: »
    I'm not really sure what to call this honestly but I cant be the only one getting fed up with this mechanic. Too long has this been going on where if the opposing players back is turned to you, hes completely untouchable. They nerfed the backskating in the beta but when the game released it was brought back for whatever reason and now its worse than ever before... Now players have taken it to the extreme of camping in the offensive corner with their backs turned toward the defense just waiting for the cross crease pass to open up. Its not fun to play against and its quite possibly the most boring gameplay ive ever experienced. I hoped that from the beta EA may have learned from 19 but I was clearly wrong... A massive disappointment

No sir. By far, you are not the only one who is fed up with this. Here, we pretty much call it LT abuse, or LTing because you basically just spam the LT button (L2 if you're PS4)
  • Treatmentworke66
    977 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    This has to be the worst I've seen of the protect the puck bubble since I've been playing this series ,last year it wasn't to effective, because are you listening ea.BECAUSE YOU CAN ACTUALLY CHECK, you devs do realize that checking is part of hockey ,not this turn your back LTing crap that's in the game now

[Socair - edited for profanity short hand]
  • Yes it's rather polarizing. Strategies such as the 1-2-2 and 1-4 are the only strategies I see. I wouldn't mind seeing a buff to forechecking and dumping the puck, as well as a more focused role on how fatigue plays out in 3 periods of hockey to help align the game more towards reality.
  • I dont think EA will ever change the LTing or the protection bubble. If they did all the casuals or the streamers that put up 8 goals a game will actually have to play hockey and might lose. EA doesn't want anyone playing hockey.
  • Absolutely, you are not the only one who is annoyed with the L2 protection bubble abuse. I gotta tell ya, I caved and bought NHL 20 to give it a chance thinking in October they would release a patch that would nerf L2 abuse and bring us closer to hockey. But again I was wrong, why do we even give these guys our money when they do the same stupid thing every year and don't listen to the community.

You watch the twitch streams of short side snipe, L2ing, puck ragging and you can't help but laugh. It's actually hilarious that EA thinks this represents hockey.

The beta was so much better, a lot more end to end hockey versus this now complete and utter bull crap of puck ragging in each others zones and back skating over the blue line like that's some how an accurate representation of hockey. lol

But you gotta look who's in charge, I will never expect a cheese free hockey game from EA as long as it stays like this. Lol, last time I'll buy an NHL game.

They lied and said they were nerfing LT only to release the full game and go back to what everyone complained about. But remember guys, the gameplay is in a "good place" right now. Lmao

• LeFury_27 wrote: »
    Absolutely, you are not the only one who is annoyed with the L2 protection bubble abuse. I gotta tell ya, I caved and bought NHL 20 to give it a chance thinking in October they would release a patch that would nerf L2 abuse and bring us closer to hockey. But again I was wrong, why do we even give these guys our money when they do the same stupid thing every year and don't listen to the community.

You watch the twitch streams of short side snipe, L2ing, puck ragging and you can't help but laugh. It's actually hilarious that EA thinks this represents hockey.

The beta was so much better, a lot more end to end hockey versus this now complete and utter bull crap of puck ragging in each others zones and back skating over the blue line like that's some how an accurate representation of hockey. lol

But you gotta look who's in charge, I will never expect a cheese free hockey game from EA as long as it stays like this. Lol, last time I'll buy an NHL game.

They lied and said they were nerfing LT only to release the full game and go back to what everyone complained about. But remember guys, the gameplay is in a "good place" right now. Lmao

@NHLDev, @NHLDev, @NHLDev, @NHLDev. Literally cant tag them enough.
    Absolutely, you are not the only one who is annoyed with the L2 protection bubble abuse. I gotta tell ya, I caved and bought NHL 20 to give it a chance thinking in October they would release a patch that would nerf L2 abuse and bring us closer to hockey. But again I was wrong, why do we even give these guys our money when they do the same stupid thing every year and don't listen to the community.

EA doesn't care about hockey. EA doesn't care about you, nor me for that matter.

What EA cares about is turning a profit. They probably even couldn't care less what the product is. I wouldn't be surprised if for them, NHL 20 is actually something like product #986657 or something along those lines. It is just a number on a spreadsheet. Money in, money out, how much is made or how much is lost.

Now, EA gives away some packs to say 10 or 14 streamers who open packs. Kids freak out over this and love to watch pack openings... Like, hockey is not as important as pack openings lol. Weird, I know, but there are some like that out there.

Now, one of those streamers pulls a Crosby, or an Ovi, what you think happens? One of the Little Billy's figures "Hey, he just pulled a Crosby. Maybe it's time to buy a pack and I'll be lucky too!"

So when those 14 or whatever streamers are not happy with the game, they won't stream it because they won't buy it. Little Billy has nothing to make him think the "lottery machine" is due to spit out more Malkins because he just saw one get pulled.

Pretty much nobody gives anything away for free. Why give away what you can sell, right? So if EA are giving away packs and flying people in to the headquarters, it isn't because they feel all warm inside when they do it. It's because somewhere down the line, it turns a profit.

Yea sure I bet pretty much every single dev feels pride and passion for the project he is working on, regardless what the project is, or who it's for. But when a corporation tells you what they want to see, or what has to happen, then your passion takes a back seat and you do as you're told because, that is what employees do.

So yea, there sums up my opinion about how less than 20 people can screw up an entire game for thousands of players. All about the $$$
  • LeFury_27
    203 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    It is quite sad that HUT is their main focus and they could care less about making this game represent real hockey.

I never understood the love for HUT anyway, you have the same players on both teams often going head to head. Seeing duplicate players on the ice always turned me off of that mode, not to mention p2w aspect lol.

What really pissed me off the most is them saying they were nerfing L2, doing it and then reverting it back.

Remember the nhl 19 gaming championship where EKI abused L2 so bad. I thought EA would of seen what a joke that was and how bad it made them look, apparently not. :D

However when you do get in to games where people play it properly and pass the puck instead of ragging you really see the potential this game has, fast paced end to end hockey. Players like that come by rarely though, and it sucks.
  • You guys never disappoint nicely said 0sodd3letcoz.gif

EA doesn't care about hockey. EA doesn't care about you, nor me for that matter.

What EA cares about is turning a profit. They probably even couldn't care less what the product is. I wouldn't be surprised if for them, NHL 20 is actually something like product #986657 or something along those lines. It is just a number on a spreadsheet. Money in, money out, how much is made or how much is lost.

Now, EA gives away some packs to say 10 or 14 streamers who open packs. Kids freak out over this and love to watch pack openings... Like, hockey is not as important as pack openings lol. Weird, I know, but there are some like that out there.

Now, one of those streamers pulls a Crosby, or an Ovi, what you think happens? One of the Little Billy's figures "Hey, he just pulled a Crosby. Maybe it's time to buy a pack and I'll be lucky too!"

So when those 14 or whatever streamers are not happy with the game, they won't stream it because they won't buy it. Little Billy has nothing to make him think the "lottery machine" is due to spit out more Malkins because he just saw one get pulled.

Pretty much nobody gives anything away for free. Why give away what you can sell, right? So if EA are giving away packs and flying people in to the headquarters, it isn't because they feel all warm inside when they do it. It's because somewhere down the line, it turns a profit.

Yea sure I bet pretty much every single dev feels pride and passion for the project he is working on, regardless what the project is, or who it's for. But when a corporation tells you what they want to see, or what has to happen, then your passion takes a back seat and you do as you're told because, that is what employees do.

So yea, there sums up my opinion about how less than 20 people can screw up an entire game for thousands of players. All about the $$$

I couldn't agree more.
  • bring back "op" pokecheck and the problem goes away. Defense and passing should win games not broken physics exploits. Also just remove the stupid one hand tuck its the dumbest glitch in ea history