EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

When will this game go on sale?

Tops I’ll spend is $20-30 on this gm. With no GMC and be a pro not connected to EASHL it’s a $20 gm at best. If we were aloud to see the numbers they make off hut ppl would really be hot lol. As soon as EA rights this ship I’ll be the first to praise them!

Replies

• I'm sure you'll see it 20 off before Black Friday for sure. Target usually runs a buy two get one free weeks before that too.
  • Thanks man that was very informational
  • 33mbc33 wrote: »
    Thanks man that was very informational

Also check the PS store or the Xbox store. Alot of times EA goes aggressive on rebates. I would not be surprised to see one in the next couple of weeks.

Can also go to the used option. Probably able to snag a used copy for $45 - $50 at this point. You must have access to local adds in your area, such as Kijiji or whatever platform you know of.
  • Probably soon, this game is already dead and it’s been less than a month since it’s release. After the Choobs (Christmas noobs) move along in a couple months this game will be extinct. How embarrassing for those who spent all year, I mean two weeks, developing it.
  • rabid55wolverine
    199 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Even if you get the game for free, don't bother. This game is absolute trash
  • These reviews are exactly what I suspected they would be, not at all surprised. Not even worth buying it at 20.00 imo.
  • I actually played with a person last week in dropins and he was quite friendly. At first he did not want to buy 20, especially full price. But his daughter wanted the Sims, he was considering buying UFC 3 or whichever it was, and another game or two. He purchased EA access for $29 a yer, or something like that. In the vault, there was the Sims and UFC, so he basically got those for free compared to what he would have paid for them, and he got a 10% discount on NHL 20.

Might be a consideration for you depending on any of those games you would want and if they are in the vault. If you save $100 or whatever because a certain amount of games you want to buy are in the vault, then even paying nearly full price for NHL 20 could still end up being a "discount" for you if you calculate all the savings, or the potential of those savings.

If you play nearly nothing else other than hockey, then it is clearly not even an option worth considering.
  • Funny not one EA rep can deny any of this. They did not to give the game depth. Just a bunch of uninteresting stuff. At this point I’m not getting gm Ea shouldn’t be praised for lack of effort with this gm
  • Mc41DMB wrote: »
    Probably soon, this game is already dead and it’s been less than a month since it’s release. After the Choobs (Christmas noobs) move along in a couple months this game will be extinct. How embarrassing for those who spent all year, I mean two weeks, developing it.

I'm pretty sure it was shorter than two weeks as this is simply a copy and paste game year after year even though they try denying it... They've been caught though cause how do you try denying a copy paste when you get the same flaws and mistakes year after year?... Saskatoon Blades jerseys have had the same mistaken jerseys since they changed back to their Pac-Man jerseys... Which I even told them about year after year... Few years back I noticed they spelled a players name wrong and let them know... Only to have that same players name wrong in the following years game...

If you don't believe its a copy paste that EVERY EA Sports game does then look up the EA Madden copy paste video making its rounds where the dude shows the stands and on the stands lower bowl it says Madden 20 but up top in the stands it says Madden 19...

• Mc41DMB wrote: »
    Probably soon, this game is already dead and it’s been less than a month since it’s release. After the Choobs (Christmas noobs) move along in a couple months this game will be extinct. How embarrassing for those who spent all year, I mean two weeks, developing it.

I'm pretty sure it was shorter than two weeks as this is simply a copy and paste game year after year even though they try denying it... They've been caught though cause how do you try denying a copy paste when you get the same flaws and mistakes year after year?... Saskatoon Blades jerseys have had the same mistaken jerseys since they changed back to their Pac-Man jerseys... Which I even told them about year after year... Few years back I noticed they spelled a players name wrong and let them know... Only to have that same players name wrong in the following years game...

If you don't believe its a copy paste that EVERY EA Sports game does then look up the EA Madden copy paste video making its rounds where the dude shows the stands and on the stands lower bowl it says Madden 20 but up top in the stands it says Madden 19...

🤣🤣🤣 I could not stop laughing when I saw that. That was pure gold. And to make it even funnier EA all of a sudden went dark, not a single peep from them about the image.
  • Ea made over 800 million in micro transactions in 2018 that’s from their cfo interview. 800 million and we get a copy and paste game year after year, that’s called marketing genius. To do nothing and bring in that much cash year after year in just in-game purchases is truly amazing.
  • For two yrs I had to bet my EASHL club members to get the gm. This yr I was sure they were gonna connect be a pro and EASHL. Since they didn’t do that I can’t even convince myself to waste money. Hopefully they listen this yr
  • Froommey
    694 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Tonysl79 wrote: »
    Ea made over 800 million in micro transactions in 2018 that’s from their cfo interview. 800 million and we get a copy and paste game year after year, that’s called marketing genius. To do nothing and bring in that much cash year after year in just in-game purchases is truly amazing.

It’s like playing on a slot machine for gambling. What surprise will bring my next package :-) oh again not satisfied with, no matter will buy the next. Sorry EA, I am not a Gambler. Sarcasm off !

• This game isn't even worth 10 bucks. I refused to buy this game this year and no longer will until major change happens with this franchise. But it won't, so I guess I'm out.
  • It's going to be soon. NHL 19 was a ripoff at $65. I expect the game to go on sale in December for 20-30 bucks.
  • ExSnake01 wrote: »
    It's going to be soon. NHL 19 was a ripoff at $65. I expect the game to go on sale in December for 20-30 bucks.

Gamestop has it on both platforms for 44.99 this week.

Walmart has it on PS4 for 44.99 and XB1 for 49.99 right now. What is that mumbo-jumbo?
    It's going to be soon. NHL 19 was a ripoff at $65. I expect the game to go on sale in December for 20-30 bucks.

I was at Best Buy yesterday and just decided to give a peek on 20's price. Normally here in Canada games are $79.99 before taxes. It was only $59.99, and not listed as on special. Looked like a regular every day price.

I was at Best Buy yesterday and just decided to give a peek on 20's price. Normally here in Canada games are $79.99 before taxes. It was only $59.99, and not listed as on special. Looked like a regular every day price.

I was in a US Best Buy yesterday, and it's going for 44.99 instead of 59.99. Looking at the website right now it's showing 33.99. Damn!!! I don't know that Black Friday will even be that good.

Worth noting that Madden 20 is also down to 29.99 right now.

I was in a US Best Buy yesterday, and it's going for 44.99 instead of 59.99. Looking at the website right now it's showing 33.99. Damn!!! I don't know that Black Friday will even be that good.

Worth noting that Madden 20 is also down to 29.99 right now.

Wow. I wonder if those numbers are any indication that sales are bad. I would think so. Makes you wonder as you said, won't even be worth it to wait until Black Friday lol. I am surprised though that Madden 20 is already that low.