EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

image
Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Ice Tilt/Dynamic difficulty adjustment - Mega thread

Replies

  • Steven5470
    348 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    headup81 wrote: »
    The best was when a Madden dev admitted that’s how Madden works a few years ago on their forums and then retracted his post. Wish I took a screen shot. Someone out there must remember this or has proof. Was funny anyway.

    Funny you say that. I just purchase Madden 20 and in the settings under 'playbooks' there is an option called "even teams".

    The description is: "Ensure any two teams are competitive by raising the player ratings of the lower rated team to compensate." This is exactly what everyone is talking about in NHL 20.

    So there are similar options in FIFA and in Madden. Chances of it being in NHL 20?
  • Steven5470 wrote: »
    headup81 wrote: »
    The best was when a Madden dev admitted that’s how Madden works a few years ago on their forums and then retracted his post. Wish I took a screen shot. Someone out there must remember this or has proof. Was funny anyway.

    Funny you say that. I just purchase Madden 20 and in the settings under 'playbooks' there is an option called "even teams".

    The description is: "Ensure any two teams are competitive by raising the player ratings of the lower rated team to compensate." This is exactly what everyone is talking about in NHL 20.

    So there are similar options in FIFA and in Madden. Chances of it being in NHL 20?

    That option doesn't exist in the menu system of NHL 20. I'm not saying that it's not a thing though. It could be automatic for all we know.
  • Steven5470
    348 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Steven5470 wrote: »
    headup81 wrote: »
    The best was when a Madden dev admitted that’s how Madden works a few years ago on their forums and then retracted his post. Wish I took a screen shot. Someone out there must remember this or has proof. Was funny anyway.

    Funny you say that. I just purchase Madden 20 and in the settings under 'playbooks' there is an option called "even teams".

    The description is: "Ensure any two teams are competitive by raising the player ratings of the lower rated team to compensate." This is exactly what everyone is talking about in NHL 20.

    So there are similar options in FIFA and in Madden. Chances of it being in NHL 20?

    That option doesn't exist in the menu system of NHL 20. I'm not saying that it's not a thing though. It could be automatic for all we know.

    I'm not saying that menu option exists in NHL 20 either. But two of their other major games have it. EA denied it existed in those games as well, then it gradually became an "option".
  • Whatever its obvious. Wife and kids are away, I hop on to squad battles.

    Game 1 with 88 overall team. I win 5-2 but the game feels like I'm pulling an 18 wheeler the entire time.

    Game 2 with 72 overall team. I'm zipping around but its obvious my team cant compete with an 84 overall team. I lose 2-0.

    Game 3 88 overall team I'm carrying around the 18 wheeler again. I win 4-0.

    Game 4 72 overall I lose 4-0 to a 86 overall team. Gameplay feels great but I simply cant compete with legends.

    In short, this game sucks playing with a stacked team. Yes your players attributes make a difference in puck possession and shooting accuracy but overall the game feels like you went to an all you can eat buffy and now you're forced to play hockey. You're thick as all hell but ultimately your skill will help overall.

    I'm using an 89 team vs the cpu 77 and apparently my fast NHL caliber players can't compete with some kid who will never make it to the NHL and a 90 Roy will allow soft goals while my players cant get anything going against a 63 tendy lol. I honestly expect this these days. Kinda like the HUT challenges "win 5 more faceoffs" or something of the sort and winning a FO is like pulling teeth.
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Sinbin wrote: »
    Steven5470 wrote: »

    Like you said, it doesn't matter what it's called, but something is happening that isn't right. However, the sad part is that through the years, the community has posted video after video of these things happening and it all goes quiet. The amazing rebounds that always go to the AI in front of the net, or the AI being pinned against the backboards but can make an amazing tape to tape fast pass to an open AI player in front of the net, to the AI being checked to the ice but bouncing back up and retaining puck possession.

    Those are just a tad of the things I've seen in videos and experienced. It happens every year and EA remains silent even though the videos are there. That is what I think frustrates everyone the most. Here's the bug/evidence/tilt/momentum or whatever, and it's hushed by EA.

    EA doesn't remain silent. They literally tell us ever year it's not real yet people refuse to take accountability for their own play. You should post a video of an entire game and point out where the ice tilt kicks in. Then you'll see how your own actions led up to what you think is the game scripting your win so it keeps you interested in playing.

    I agree the Devs have cleared up ice tilt and I don’t believe it exists but it still doesn’t explain what people are experiencing. The “get good” and “take accountability” answer, besides being a broad stroked blanket response, means nothing as it pertains to the AI of your team. You simply cannot be held accountable for things taking place in a game out of user control.

    What people are perceiving as ice tilt is the random play of their AI. When one teams AI plays smart near perfect hockey that player is going to most likely dominate every aspect of the game against a person who’s AI plays braindead, wandering, and basically useless. That person will have trouble accomplishing anything. Nothing to do with their skill or nothing to do with accountability.

    When people complain about skating in mud and experiencing poor reaction time that’s going to be their connection. While servers are better than P2P connection the EA servers are still trash and one person usually will benefit from having an even slightly better connection to the server. Again this isn’t about getting better or taking accountability.
  • There are sliders in the game which can explain the different problems people have. Start an offline game and you can view all the different parameters before you begin the game. Things like your shots going wide or pass accuracy can be adjusted through these sliders. It's a rather huge list of parameters that you can change. I suspect these are somehow being adjusted as you play the game offline or online.

    The skate in the mud feel is not related or the same as the quality of your connection. I've had many versus games where it's laggy but you can still dominate the opponent because you have the AI on your side. When the game is laggy and the AI going against you is where things get very frustrating.
  • > @jake19ny said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I agree the Devs have cleared up ice tilt and I don’t believe it exists but it still doesn’t explain what people are experiencing. The “get good” and “take accountability” answer, besides being a broad stroked blanket response, means nothing as it pertains to the AI of your team. You simply cannot be held accountable for things taking place in a game out of user control.
    >
    > What people are perceiving as ice tilt is the random play of their AI. When one teams AI plays smart near perfect hockey that player is going to most likely dominate every aspect of the game against a person who’s AI plays braindead, wandering, and basically useless. That person will have trouble accomplishing anything. Nothing to do with their skill or nothing to do with accountability.
    >
    > When people complain about skating in mud and experiencing poor reaction time that’s going to be their connection. While servers are better than P2P connection the EA servers are still trash and one person usually will benefit from having an even slightly better connection to the server. Again this isn’t about getting better or taking accountability.

    I agree with what you say but i don´t think skating in mud is connection related for the sole reason it is apparent in offline modes as well. It can appear from one period to another, especially if you are up by 3 going into the 3rd period.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    jake19ny wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    Steven5470 wrote: »

    Like you said, it doesn't matter what it's called, but something is happening that isn't right. However, the sad part is that through the years, the community has posted video after video of these things happening and it all goes quiet. The amazing rebounds that always go to the AI in front of the net, or the AI being pinned against the backboards but can make an amazing tape to tape fast pass to an open AI player in front of the net, to the AI being checked to the ice but bouncing back up and retaining puck possession.

    Those are just a tad of the things I've seen in videos and experienced. It happens every year and EA remains silent even though the videos are there. That is what I think frustrates everyone the most. Here's the bug/evidence/tilt/momentum or whatever, and it's hushed by EA.

    EA doesn't remain silent. They literally tell us ever year it's not real yet people refuse to take accountability for their own play. You should post a video of an entire game and point out where the ice tilt kicks in. Then you'll see how your own actions led up to what you think is the game scripting your win so it keeps you interested in playing.

    I agree the Devs have cleared up ice tilt and I don’t believe it exists but it still doesn’t explain what people are experiencing. The “get good” and “take accountability” answer, besides being a broad stroked blanket response, means nothing as it pertains to the AI of your team. You simply cannot be held accountable for things taking place in a game out of user control.

    What people are perceiving as ice tilt is the random play of their AI. When one teams AI plays smart near perfect hockey that player is going to most likely dominate every aspect of the game against a person who’s AI plays braindead, wandering, and basically useless. That person will have trouble accomplishing anything. Nothing to do with their skill or nothing to do with accountability.

    When people complain about skating in mud and experiencing poor reaction time that’s going to be their connection. While servers are better than P2P connection the EA servers are still trash and one person usually will benefit from having an even slightly better connection to the server. Again this isn’t about getting better or taking accountability.

    This can also be explained by not changing strategies to counter what your opponent is doing. The AI also rely on what the human controller player is doing. For example, if you're out of position, the AI need to cover for you. Which leaves open lanes and generates scoring good scoring chances for them. That's why I mean. People are going to just blame the AI or the game in general instead of looking at the bigger picture and considering everything that has an effect on the gameplay.
  • When your AI is passive and the opponent ai is aggressive nothing changes when trying to change strategies. For instance, i can set everything to max aggressive forecheck but my AI is as passive they can be anyways. Don´t really see how my opponent strategy settings can affect that.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    jake19ny wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    Steven5470 wrote: »

    Like you said, it doesn't matter what it's called, but something is happening that isn't right. However, the sad part is that through the years, the community has posted video after video of these things happening and it all goes quiet. The amazing rebounds that always go to the AI in front of the net, or the AI being pinned against the backboards but can make an amazing tape to tape fast pass to an open AI player in front of the net, to the AI being checked to the ice but bouncing back up and retaining puck possession.

    Those are just a tad of the things I've seen in videos and experienced. It happens every year and EA remains silent even though the videos are there. That is what I think frustrates everyone the most. Here's the bug/evidence/tilt/momentum or whatever, and it's hushed by EA.

    EA doesn't remain silent. They literally tell us ever year it's not real yet people refuse to take accountability for their own play. You should post a video of an entire game and point out where the ice tilt kicks in. Then you'll see how your own actions led up to what you think is the game scripting your win so it keeps you interested in playing.

    I agree the Devs have cleared up ice tilt and I don’t believe it exists but it still doesn’t explain what people are experiencing. The “get good” and “take accountability” answer, besides being a broad stroked blanket response, means nothing as it pertains to the AI of your team. You simply cannot be held accountable for things taking place in a game out of user control.

    What people are perceiving as ice tilt is the random play of their AI. When one teams AI plays smart near perfect hockey that player is going to most likely dominate every aspect of the game against a person who’s AI plays braindead, wandering, and basically useless. That person will have trouble accomplishing anything. Nothing to do with their skill or nothing to do with accountability.

    When people complain about skating in mud and experiencing poor reaction time that’s going to be their connection. While servers are better than P2P connection the EA servers are still trash and one person usually will benefit from having an even slightly better connection to the server. Again this isn’t about getting better or taking accountability.

    This can also be explained by not changing strategies to counter what your opponent is doing. The AI also rely on what the human controller player is doing. For example, if you're out of position, the AI need to cover for you. Which leaves open lanes and generates scoring good scoring chances for them. That's why I mean. People are going to just blame the AI or the game in general instead of looking at the bigger picture and considering everything that has an effect on the gameplay.

    I get that your saying but that’s not it at all. At least in regards to what I’m talking about. Your AI is either spot on from the drop of the puck and all game no matter what or useless from the drop of the puck no matter what.
  • jake19ny wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    Steven5470 wrote: »

    Like you said, it doesn't matter what it's called, but something is happening that isn't right. However, the sad part is that through the years, the community has posted video after video of these things happening and it all goes quiet. The amazing rebounds that always go to the AI in front of the net, or the AI being pinned against the backboards but can make an amazing tape to tape fast pass to an open AI player in front of the net, to the AI being checked to the ice but bouncing back up and retaining puck possession.

    Those are just a tad of the things I've seen in videos and experienced. It happens every year and EA remains silent even though the videos are there. That is what I think frustrates everyone the most. Here's the bug/evidence/tilt/momentum or whatever, and it's hushed by EA.

    EA doesn't remain silent. They literally tell us ever year it's not real yet people refuse to take accountability for their own play. You should post a video of an entire game and point out where the ice tilt kicks in. Then you'll see how your own actions led up to what you think is the game scripting your win so it keeps you interested in playing.

    I agree the Devs have cleared up ice tilt and I don’t believe it exists but it still doesn’t explain what people are experiencing. The “get good” and “take accountability” answer, besides being a broad stroked blanket response, means nothing as it pertains to the AI of your team. You simply cannot be held accountable for things taking place in a game out of user control.

    What people are perceiving as ice tilt is the random play of their AI. When one teams AI plays smart near perfect hockey that player is going to most likely dominate every aspect of the game against a person who’s AI plays braindead, wandering, and basically useless. That person will have trouble accomplishing anything. Nothing to do with their skill or nothing to do with accountability.

    When people complain about skating in mud and experiencing poor reaction time that’s going to be their connection. While servers are better than P2P connection the EA servers are still trash and one person usually will benefit from having an even slightly better connection to the server. Again this isn’t about getting better or taking accountability.
    If this is the case, I want them to explain why playing offline vs cpu, I experience the skating in sludge, won’t pick up a loose puck to save their life, bubble around the cpu player so you cannot hit him, pressing buttons literally does not register as an input types of hijinx that I experience in 95% of the games I play. They, to the best of my knowledge, have not explained this yet. And, I turn my internet connection on the PS4 completely off, so there’s no way connection speed could be a factor.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    jake19ny wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    Steven5470 wrote: »

    Like you said, it doesn't matter what it's called, but something is happening that isn't right. However, the sad part is that through the years, the community has posted video after video of these things happening and it all goes quiet. The amazing rebounds that always go to the AI in front of the net, or the AI being pinned against the backboards but can make an amazing tape to tape fast pass to an open AI player in front of the net, to the AI being checked to the ice but bouncing back up and retaining puck possession.

    Those are just a tad of the things I've seen in videos and experienced. It happens every year and EA remains silent even though the videos are there. That is what I think frustrates everyone the most. Here's the bug/evidence/tilt/momentum or whatever, and it's hushed by EA.

    EA doesn't remain silent. They literally tell us ever year it's not real yet people refuse to take accountability for their own play. You should post a video of an entire game and point out where the ice tilt kicks in. Then you'll see how your own actions led up to what you think is the game scripting your win so it keeps you interested in playing.

    I agree the Devs have cleared up ice tilt and I don’t believe it exists but it still doesn’t explain what people are experiencing. The “get good” and “take accountability” answer, besides being a broad stroked blanket response, means nothing as it pertains to the AI of your team. You simply cannot be held accountable for things taking place in a game out of user control.

    What people are perceiving as ice tilt is the random play of their AI. When one teams AI plays smart near perfect hockey that player is going to most likely dominate every aspect of the game against a person who’s AI plays braindead, wandering, and basically useless. That person will have trouble accomplishing anything. Nothing to do with their skill or nothing to do with accountability.

    When people complain about skating in mud and experiencing poor reaction time that’s going to be their connection. While servers are better than P2P connection the EA servers are still trash and one person usually will benefit from having an even slightly better connection to the server. Again this isn’t about getting better or taking accountability.

    This can also be explained by not changing strategies to counter what your opponent is doing. The AI also rely on what the human controller player is doing. For example, if you're out of position, the AI need to cover for you. Which leaves open lanes and generates scoring good scoring chances for them. That's why I mean. People are going to just blame the AI or the game in general instead of looking at the bigger picture and considering everything that has an effect on the gameplay.

    That is funny considering many times you are covering a player and the AI will abandon its post to cover that very same player.

    You can defend the game all you want, but saying something doesn't make it a fact. The AI is severely lacking to put it lightly, and that is a fact.
  • sgiz1
    537 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Without a doubt, regardless of what EA says... The game is programmed to raise/lower attributes and/or raise/lower stamina and/or raise/lower the ability of the Ai which are triggered based on game situations, etc.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2485 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    The idea that it's just a coincidence or in my head that my connection takes an absolute nose dive every time I play a lesser team resulting in my game feeling like sludge is ridiculous.

    Why is it that Squad Battles doesnt have Network Performance indicator like HUT Challenges did in year's past? Probably cause it was pointless and always said 'zero' cause games weren't online.

    I just find it interesting that for years people have been complaining about handicaps in FIFA and Madden and they were "crazy" now all of a sudden both games have the option to enable or disable a handicap (according to this thread).
  • The idea that it's just a coincidence or in my head that my connection takes an absolute nose dive every time I play a lesser team resulting in my game feeling like sludge is ridiculous.

    Why is it that Squad Battles doesnt have Network Performance indicator like HUT Challenges did in year's past? Probably cause it was pointless and always said 'zero' cause games weren't online.

    I just find it interesting that for years people have been complaining about handicaps in FIFA and Madden and they were "crazy" now all of a sudden both games have the option to enable or disable a handicap (according to this thread).

    I am willing to take your word for it, your credit is good with me bro lol.

    I think it's ok that those 2 games offer the option of a handicap as I assume it is offline only. Wouldn't make sense to offer it in an online environment. Then again, maybe they do as I wouldn't know because I don't play those 2 games.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Sinbin wrote: »
    jake19ny wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    Steven5470 wrote: »

    Like you said, it doesn't matter what it's called, but something is happening that isn't right. However, the sad part is that through the years, the community has posted video after video of these things happening and it all goes quiet. The amazing rebounds that always go to the AI in front of the net, or the AI being pinned against the backboards but can make an amazing tape to tape fast pass to an open AI player in front of the net, to the AI being checked to the ice but bouncing back up and retaining puck possession.

    Those are just a tad of the things I've seen in videos and experienced. It happens every year and EA remains silent even though the videos are there. That is what I think frustrates everyone the most. Here's the bug/evidence/tilt/momentum or whatever, and it's hushed by EA.

    EA doesn't remain silent. They literally tell us ever year it's not real yet people refuse to take accountability for their own play. You should post a video of an entire game and point out where the ice tilt kicks in. Then you'll see how your own actions led up to what you think is the game scripting your win so it keeps you interested in playing.

    I agree the Devs have cleared up ice tilt and I don’t believe it exists but it still doesn’t explain what people are experiencing. The “get good” and “take accountability” answer, besides being a broad stroked blanket response, means nothing as it pertains to the AI of your team. You simply cannot be held accountable for things taking place in a game out of user control.

    What people are perceiving as ice tilt is the random play of their AI. When one teams AI plays smart near perfect hockey that player is going to most likely dominate every aspect of the game against a person who’s AI plays braindead, wandering, and basically useless. That person will have trouble accomplishing anything. Nothing to do with their skill or nothing to do with accountability.

    When people complain about skating in mud and experiencing poor reaction time that’s going to be their connection. While servers are better than P2P connection the EA servers are still trash and one person usually will benefit from having an even slightly better connection to the server. Again this isn’t about getting better or taking accountability.

    This can also be explained by not changing strategies to counter what your opponent is doing. The AI also rely on what the human controller player is doing. For example, if you're out of position, the AI need to cover for you. Which leaves open lanes and generates scoring good scoring chances for them. That's why I mean. People are going to just blame the AI or the game in general instead of looking at the bigger picture and considering everything that has an effect on the gameplay.

    That is funny considering many times you are covering a player and the AI will abandon its post to cover that very same player.

    You can defend the game all you want, but saying something doesn't make it a fact. The AI is severely lacking to put it lightly, and that is a fact.

    I'm not saying the AI is perfect. I'm saying people overlook how much the human controlled player affects their performance. They don't play better/worse based on DDA, ice tilt, momentum or whatever else people think is moving sliders behind the scenes to give one side the win when they don't deserve it just to keep them playing.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    jake19ny wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    Steven5470 wrote: »

    Like you said, it doesn't matter what it's called, but something is happening that isn't right. However, the sad part is that through the years, the community has posted video after video of these things happening and it all goes quiet. The amazing rebounds that always go to the AI in front of the net, or the AI being pinned against the backboards but can make an amazing tape to tape fast pass to an open AI player in front of the net, to the AI being checked to the ice but bouncing back up and retaining puck possession.

    Those are just a tad of the things I've seen in videos and experienced. It happens every year and EA remains silent even though the videos are there. That is what I think frustrates everyone the most. Here's the bug/evidence/tilt/momentum or whatever, and it's hushed by EA.

    EA doesn't remain silent. They literally tell us ever year it's not real yet people refuse to take accountability for their own play. You should post a video of an entire game and point out where the ice tilt kicks in. Then you'll see how your own actions led up to what you think is the game scripting your win so it keeps you interested in playing.

    I agree the Devs have cleared up ice tilt and I don’t believe it exists but it still doesn’t explain what people are experiencing. The “get good” and “take accountability” answer, besides being a broad stroked blanket response, means nothing as it pertains to the AI of your team. You simply cannot be held accountable for things taking place in a game out of user control.

    What people are perceiving as ice tilt is the random play of their AI. When one teams AI plays smart near perfect hockey that player is going to most likely dominate every aspect of the game against a person who’s AI plays braindead, wandering, and basically useless. That person will have trouble accomplishing anything. Nothing to do with their skill or nothing to do with accountability.

    When people complain about skating in mud and experiencing poor reaction time that’s going to be their connection. While servers are better than P2P connection the EA servers are still trash and one person usually will benefit from having an even slightly better connection to the server. Again this isn’t about getting better or taking accountability.

    This can also be explained by not changing strategies to counter what your opponent is doing. The AI also rely on what the human controller player is doing. For example, if you're out of position, the AI need to cover for you. Which leaves open lanes and generates scoring good scoring chances for them. That's why I mean. People are going to just blame the AI or the game in general instead of looking at the bigger picture and considering everything that has an effect on the gameplay.

    That is funny considering many times you are covering a player and the AI will abandon its post to cover that very same player.

    You can defend the game all you want, but saying something doesn't make it a fact. The AI is severely lacking to put it lightly, and that is a fact.

    I'm not saying the AI is perfect. I'm saying people overlook how much the human controlled player affects their performance. They don't play better/worse based on DDA, ice tilt, momentum or whatever else people think is moving sliders behind the scenes to give one side the win when they don't deserve it just to keep them playing.

    They don’t play better or worse based on DDA, Ice tilt, or momentum but something is going on in a game to game basis that’s making the AI incredibly inconsistent and it’s not the users fault. As was pointed out even when your covering someone properly with the right position player your AI teammates still collapse and bunch up. It has nothing to do with how you are playing because it’s random and it’s all game from start to finish. Either they are awful or they are awesome. It’s obviously something that needs to be fixed.....EAs refusal to even acknowledge there is an issue only fuels the DDA fire. If they would just fix the game this discussion might go away
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    jake19ny wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    Steven5470 wrote: »

    Like you said, it doesn't matter what it's called, but something is happening that isn't right. However, the sad part is that through the years, the community has posted video after video of these things happening and it all goes quiet. The amazing rebounds that always go to the AI in front of the net, or the AI being pinned against the backboards but can make an amazing tape to tape fast pass to an open AI player in front of the net, to the AI being checked to the ice but bouncing back up and retaining puck possession.

    Those are just a tad of the things I've seen in videos and experienced. It happens every year and EA remains silent even though the videos are there. That is what I think frustrates everyone the most. Here's the bug/evidence/tilt/momentum or whatever, and it's hushed by EA.

    EA doesn't remain silent. They literally tell us ever year it's not real yet people refuse to take accountability for their own play. You should post a video of an entire game and point out where the ice tilt kicks in. Then you'll see how your own actions led up to what you think is the game scripting your win so it keeps you interested in playing.

    I agree the Devs have cleared up ice tilt and I don’t believe it exists but it still doesn’t explain what people are experiencing. The “get good” and “take accountability” answer, besides being a broad stroked blanket response, means nothing as it pertains to the AI of your team. You simply cannot be held accountable for things taking place in a game out of user control.

    What people are perceiving as ice tilt is the random play of their AI. When one teams AI plays smart near perfect hockey that player is going to most likely dominate every aspect of the game against a person who’s AI plays braindead, wandering, and basically useless. That person will have trouble accomplishing anything. Nothing to do with their skill or nothing to do with accountability.

    When people complain about skating in mud and experiencing poor reaction time that’s going to be their connection. While servers are better than P2P connection the EA servers are still trash and one person usually will benefit from having an even slightly better connection to the server. Again this isn’t about getting better or taking accountability.

    This can also be explained by not changing strategies to counter what your opponent is doing. The AI also rely on what the human controller player is doing. For example, if you're out of position, the AI need to cover for you. Which leaves open lanes and generates scoring good scoring chances for them. That's why I mean. People are going to just blame the AI or the game in general instead of looking at the bigger picture and considering everything that has an effect on the gameplay.

    That is funny considering many times you are covering a player and the AI will abandon its post to cover that very same player.

    You can defend the game all you want, but saying something doesn't make it a fact. The AI is severely lacking to put it lightly, and that is a fact.

    I'm not saying the AI is perfect. I'm saying people overlook how much the human controlled player affects their performance. They don't play better/worse based on DDA, ice tilt, momentum or whatever else people think is moving sliders behind the scenes to give one side the win when they don't deserve it just to keep them playing.

    That's possibly true through out a game, but it's quite obvious there's a starting state that varies game to game. You can say that isn't true until the cows come home, but it simply is true.

    Some games your ai start off playing smart, and everything works. Other games your ai are lost, borderline useless pylons getting in the way of their own team, seemingly trying to sabotage their own team mates.

    It's the inconsistencies without rhyme or reason that people are complaining about.
  • Steven5470
    348 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Codo37 wrote: »

    While this might be true for online play, it doesn't explain the issues with offline. As I mentioned before, Madden 20 has an option in the settings under 'playbooks' called "even teams". The description is: "Ensure any two teams are competitive by raising the player ratings of the lower rated team to compensate."

    I find it very coincidental in NHL 20 that a lot of users mention that "sluggish" feeling when you're playing a team much lower rated than yours, but your players perform great when playing a more even team. That feature in Madden is what myself and a lot of others are experiencing in offline play.

    Now, there are also other AI issues in general, like the AI constantly passing the puck off the boards. I posted a video of this in another topic. Once you or the AI passes the puck off the boards, your player (or AI) can no longer pick up the puck. These AI issues also contribute to this "ice tilt" feeling.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!