EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20, must fixes

There are a lot of fixes that need fine tuned or tested or that people agree and disagree on. These are the fixes that 100% need fixed ASAP that everyone agrees on

- Goalie cover ups, when the G cannot find puck but the whistle is not blown and every1 starts poking at G trying to get it loose without a whistle

- Delayed penalties. A penalty occurs and the team who takes the penalty touches the puck but the whistle does not immediately blow like it is suppose to

- Scoreboard options - traditional option, disappear option or an option for only during stoppages.

- remove JR stadium 2 from EASHL that causes screen tearing (arena with multiple rinks)

- end of period skip replays. Allow us to skip replays and show when each player hits (A/X) resume from each team

- let us change face offs formations at all times not just between whistles, aggressive/normal/defensive. This has been like this for awhile now and was never fixed. Being able to change the formations creates a lot of different situations and it’s be nice to be able to do that again. You’re able to do it but only in between whistles

Replies

• johnny2fingaz
    322 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    How about changing your lines/strats during the intermission during online vs

Or goal review calls being accurate

Or your defensive partner who abandons their defensive assignment on 2 on 2 rushes (stops just before the goalie)

Agreed with the goalie cover up- I had a loose puck behind the goalie for almost 15 seconds felt like forever.. I kept blocking the opponent away from the loose puck but eventually knocked it in myself when my own player got too close.

I wouldn't mind having more options being able to take pucks off sticks when your riding their **** as a defender.
  • here's one that's been in the game for 10 years and never been fixed. when your player whiffs or gets bumped on a one timer, being sucked into the puck and auto shooting again.

screen melting.

auto RS dekes should be launched to the sun.

i'm sure i am forgetting a ton of other things that aggravate me and need to be fixed ASAP.
  • Your own ai dman skating into your goalie to recover a puck, but just pushes it in themself.

AI stick going through your body, but not actually touching the puck or being near it but magically knocking it loose or even taking it.

Goalie movement is whack sometimes. Had my ai goalie slide out 15 ft from a seemingly small movement, way out of the crease to allow an easy goal.

Lots of small things aren't working right.

My personal favorite. Hut squad battles, superstar difficulty is actually easier than All-Star.
  • The face-off mechanism needs a revamp. I really like what NHL2K handled face-offs; more realistic. Even if you keep moving the stick the center gets kicked off. And, the formation on face-offs my players were organic and realistic.
  • nice thread lou, this was useless.
  • here's one that's been in the game for 10 years and never been fixed. when your player whiffs or gets bumped on a one timer, being sucked into the puck and auto shooting again.

screen melting.

i'm sure i am forgetting a ton of other things that aggravate me and need to be fixed ASAP.
    here's one that's been in the game for 10 years and never been fixed. when your player whiffs or gets bumped on a one timer, being sucked into the puck and auto shooting again.

screen melting.

here's one that's been in the game for 10 years and never been fixed. when your player whiffs or gets bumped on a one timer, being sucked into the puck and auto shooting again.

screen melting.

Those are different.these are opinion things people agree and disagree on and they're also things that would need tuned corrwctlg.

The ones I listed are simple just programming/coding fixes for calls basically
  • This is probably the worst nhl in over a decade. Kinda want my money back
  • Treatmentworke66
    977 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    For the love of God fix the checking in this game ....it's. Not in a good place
  • Good suggestions, but i made a whole post about the #1 thing that needs fixing. https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/250348/fix-this-1st-its-breaking-the-game#latest ,

Idk if ice tilt or bad connection or what causes this, but from time to time you will get games like this where no matter what the puck is going in your net. sticks and body parts will morph threw solid objects, skates and other body parts just to make undeserved goals happen, Defenseman will pull them selves, for no reason at all, out of passing lanes and leave the front of the net open. All in what seems to be predetermined plays giving one team unrealistic impossible goals several times per game.

Things like this fuel ice tilt myths and add to the very inconsistant gameplay from game to game and there is no rhyme or reason to it. EA needs to take a serious look at the inconsistencys in AI play, and why they sometimes randomly are so far out of position its head scratching, or sometimes are in good position and abandon their assignments. This nonsence of being able to skate threw defenders skates and legs uneffected and fight threw multiple stick checks with no user effort at all makes everything feel predetermined too.
    I have a few pictures of a guy in my slot triple covered with the puck loose behind him and my guy right infront of the puck and the play ends up a one timer goal on a 2on3 because not only does he fight threw 6 stick checks and recover, without losing a step, a puck a foot behind him, my AI guys takes themselves out of perfect position allowing a stick warping threw a kneecap 1 timer goal.

The point is that all other problems mentioned In this post can be fixed, but without getting some consistency in game play and having unreal physics and AI being great one game and donkey brained the next, without having that every game is going to feel ice tilted and predetermined when one AI and goalie play great and that team can bend the physical laws of nature to score, while the other team is left to deal with an AI that blows every play, a goalie with 25% saves, and even when you play great, litterally the game finds a way, even if it has to break physics, to force you to allow a goal
  • For the love of God fix the checking in this game ....it's. Not in a good place

It helps to say your system and what exactly you aren't liking with it.
  • I have both PlayStation there is almost none and on Xbox if the guy turns his back holds A you just slide off him
  • I have NHL 20 on PS4 and have found lots of problems within GM mode, which is far too similar to previous years:
    - Morale meetings are a joke. I have players saying they aren't getting enough ice time from me after i've traded them and constantly have players who are injured who lose morale because they don't get more ice time (from the injury reserve).
    - The new coaching system is a good idea that is poorly executed. In GM mode, it is like pulling teeth to hire coaches in the first three seasons. You can offer literally any coach exactly what they want or more and they will reject offers in favour of not coaching at all for a laundry list of reasons. My team won the Stanley Cup every year, but couldn't pay a single coach enough to be my team's head coach.
    - Coaching salaries are also ridiculous in terms of asking and caps. In order to employe an A rating head coach, I can only employ 1-2 coaches throughout the entire rest of the organization.
    - Teams said to be rebuilders constantly finish in the top 10 teams of the league.
    - By season 4, literally half the teams in the league say they are rebuilders.
    - Overall, this game is basically a copy of NHL 19 with superficial adjustments that just make the game more annoying and increase problems. While I typically purchase NHL every year, it's getting old having such minor changes and updates that aren't effective or really thought out. I wont purchase another version until more legitimate updates are given and wouldn't recommend purchasing 20 to anyone.

Additional ideas for future games:
    - For a world cup, allow the users to pick a country and then create their own team within the available players. The system already accounts for nation or origin and it seems like it wouldn't be much of a jump. I'd love to create my own team Canada and be able to go through that tournament and have never had the option before.
  • My suggestion for NHL 20 would be to re-release the NHL 19 beta
  • I say do an NHL Legacy Remaster with updated rosters, visuals, and rules. I wish they would build a game that they just do regular updates over time with rather than the "push the new and discard the old" game that we get now.