EA Forums - Banner

Stop quitting

Prev13
TeeMan69X
98 posts Member
edited October 2019
Why do you people always quit out of the game it's so annoying just do the game take the loss and learn something wow this is so annoying people quitting every single game

[Socair - edited for profanity]
Post edited by Socair on

Replies

  • Kuus2
    221 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I prefer people quit in Versus if the game is a blow out, that doesn’t make either of us a better player. I would rather play even matches.

    In WoC however I wish leaving would be penalized.
  • I prefer to quit! There is already a thread how to tell after 5min whether you are going to lose or not. And if I get "funny" streaks (online versus) where every 1st shot form my opponent is a goal (mostly 2 -3 games in a row - yes I know I play bad defense!) - I am pretty fed up and ask myself why I am not completely done with this game...
  • TeeMan69X wrote: »
    Why do you people always quit out of the game it's so annoying just do the game take the loss and learn something wow this is so annoying people quitting every single game

    [Socair - edited for profanity]

    Sounds like you're part of a club or a group of friends and go to dropins for some "seal bashing" otherwise you would not complain that people quit out on you.
  • TeeMan69X wrote: »
    Why do you people always quit out of the game it's so annoying just do the game take the loss and learn something wow this is so annoying people quitting every single game

    [Socair - edited for profanity]

    People quit early because they don't want to deal with the random fat-man lag and ice tilt that happens with this game. I'm sure I speak for a lot of players when I say that winning and losing isn't the problem here. It's the fact that losing because your AI plays brain dead and your human skater won't do what you control him to do makes this a very frustrating game to play. It didn't used to be this way on the previous generation systems either, so EA needs to figure out why that is and fix it.

    Also, adult gamers with jobs and families don't have all day every day to play this game, so getting hosed by bad game mechanics, glitchers/abusers, and ice-tilt doesn't fit into the schedule very well.
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    TeeMan69X wrote: »
    Why do you people always quit out of the game it's so annoying just do the game take the loss and learn something wow this is so annoying people quitting every single game

    [Socair - edited for profanity]

    People quit early because they don't want to deal with the random fat-man lag and ice tilt that happens with this game. I'm sure I speak for a lot of players when I say that winning and losing isn't the problem here. It's the fact that losing because your AI plays brain dead and your human skater won't do what you control him to do makes this a very frustrating game to play. It didn't used to be this way on the previous generation systems either, so EA needs to figure out why that is and fix it.

    Also, adult gamers with jobs and families don't have all day every day to play this game, so getting hosed by bad game mechanics, glitchers/abusers, and ice-tilt doesn't fit into the schedule very well.

    ^^^this.

    Only had time for 1 game today and in the first minute of the game I noticed how aggressively his AI pursued me. My opponent noticed it to and went right into skill zoning letting his AI do all the dirty work. My AI was atrocious and I was basically skating alone out there. With his 79 overall defenseman he stepped over the line and took a weak wrist shot....my goalie dropped to his knees before the puck made it halfway to the net and it floated over his shoulder for a nice lame goal.

    1 shot 1 goal.

    1 minute later as my AI teammates skate into each other he steps over the line, weak wrist shot my goalie easily saw but refused to move on...

    2 shots 2 goals.

    Long story short in the first 5 minutes his AI played like they do on Super Star and mine played like they do on Rookie. He went up 3-0 on 4 total shots and I quit because I’m not going to waste the 1 hour I had to play a game suffering through this absolute nonsense. It’s no better when I’m on the winning side of it.

    Started on the game...more of the same 3 goals on the first 4 shots...I quit and decided I could spend that hour doing something more fun.

    It’s a total joke and if it’s not intentional then for the love of God someone at EA acknowledge us, because the number of people on to this is huge, and tell us what you are going to do about it.
  • They won't do anything about it, they will just deny like crazy that anything like that exists even though it happens over and over and over.....
  • net_rogue1
    55 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    TeeMan69X wrote: »
    Why do you people always quit out of the game it's so annoying just do the game take the loss and learn something wow this is so annoying people quitting every single game

    [Socair - edited for profanity]

    Sounds like you're part of a club or a group of friends and go to dropins for some "seal bashing" otherwise you would not complain that people quit out on you.

    I'm referring to Chel drop-in for this response.

    I play D exclusively (5' or 6's) and consider myself to be fairly solid at preventing opposing teams' scoring chances. That said, I often find myself playing against more AI players than human by the latter half of the game. I dont think it's fair to assume that those of us faced with the other team's that often quit are out hunting.

    While on the topic, I noticed something during one of these games. My team was up by a large margin and ultimately lost to mostly AI players. I was expecting a large hit to CR but lost very little. The other teams' original lineup had comparable CR ratings prior to puck drop. @Dev, has an adjustment been made to balance the final CR outcomes depending on the number of AI vs players remaining?
  • I never quit, big Comebacks are great. Never give up
  • TeeMan69X wrote: »
    Why do you people always quit out of the game it's so annoying just do the game take the loss and learn something wow this is so annoying people quitting every single game

    [Socair - edited for profanity]

    Sounds like you're part of a club or a group of friends and go to dropins for some "seal bashing" otherwise you would not complain that people quit out on you.

    I play solo.
  • First, there's no penalty for quitting...that's on EA. However, why should I be forced to stay in a game where the goalie wants to try and fight after every face off? When yellow thinks he's a winger and a center and flies around chasing the puck leaving me in constant 3-1 rushes, why should I stay? When it's 6-0 in the first because our goalie clearly never bothered to learn the controls and decided drop in would be a great place to learn the game...why should I stay in that crap?
  • TeeMan69X wrote: »
    TeeMan69X wrote: »
    Why do you people always quit out of the game it's so annoying just do the game take the loss and learn something wow this is so annoying people quitting every single game

    [Socair - edited for profanity]

    Sounds like you're part of a club or a group of friends and go to dropins for some "seal bashing" otherwise you would not complain that people quit out on you.

    I play solo.

    Then you know how it is, the luck of the draw of dropins. When you get a terrible player, or someone who doesn't play his position, why stick around? I am looking to play and obviously to have fun. If a game is not fun, why stick around?
  • TeeMan69X wrote: »
    TeeMan69X wrote: »
    Why do you people always quit out of the game it's so annoying just do the game take the loss and learn something wow this is so annoying people quitting every single game

    [Socair - edited for profanity]

    Sounds like you're part of a club or a group of friends and go to dropins for some "seal bashing" otherwise you would not complain that people quit out on you.

    I play solo.

    Then you know how it is, the luck of the draw of dropins. When you get a terrible player, or someone who doesn't play his position, why stick around? I am looking to play and obviously to have fun. If a game is not fun, why stick around?

    I hate quitters but the quitting is the symptom. The sickness is the players and the fact EA does either nothing or incorrectly treats the sickness.

    Put a good system in place to prevent some of the horrible things that people do. Don't let goalies try to start a fight all game(ever?) or spend zero time in the net. Make new players play a positional tutorial before going online. Make new goalies play one offline game before going online so they at least know the dang controls. Let people vote on teammates at the end of games with things like "always in position" or "always out of position" or "never passes" and put bad teammates together.

    I know the argument will be that it's too intensive and EA wouldn't be able to do it correctly but all of these kinds of things are completely possible and done in other games. Also stop giving trolls the tools they need, goalies don't need to be able to start fights all games or skate to center ice etc. and then make a skater serve the penalty so they can keep it up.
  • jrago73 wrote: »
    TeeMan69X wrote: »
    TeeMan69X wrote: »
    Why do you people always quit out of the game it's so annoying just do the game take the loss and learn something wow this is so annoying people quitting every single game

    [Socair - edited for profanity]

    Sounds like you're part of a club or a group of friends and go to dropins for some "seal bashing" otherwise you would not complain that people quit out on you.

    I play solo.

    Then you know how it is, the luck of the draw of dropins. When you get a terrible player, or someone who doesn't play his position, why stick around? I am looking to play and obviously to have fun. If a game is not fun, why stick around?

    I hate quitters but the quitting is the symptom. The sickness is the players and the fact EA does either nothing or incorrectly treats the sickness.

    Put a good system in place to prevent some of the horrible things that people do. Don't let goalies try to start a fight all game(ever?) or spend zero time in the net. Make new players play a positional tutorial before going online. Make new goalies play one offline game before going online so they at least know the dang controls. Let people vote on teammates at the end of games with things like "always in position" or "always out of position" or "never passes" and put bad teammates together.

    I know the argument will be that it's too intensive and EA wouldn't be able to do it correctly but all of these kinds of things are completely possible and done in other games. Also stop giving trolls the tools they need, goalies don't need to be able to start fights all games or skate to center ice etc. and then make a skater serve the penalty so they can keep it up.

    I especially like the bolded part. Really wish EA steps it up soon and adds resources to control trolling and making a better environment.
  • No real fix for it. Like others have said, there is zero chance I'm going to stay in a game when players don't know which way is up, not going to happen. What ever the penalty would be, I would take it, my time is valuable not going to waste it. Si like I said no real fix for it.
  • zingaa1 wrote: »
    No real fix for it. Like others have said, there is zero chance I'm going to stay in a game when players don't know which way is up, not going to happen. What ever the penalty would be, I would take it, my time is valuable not going to waste it. Si like I said no real fix for it.

    Good players get voted up and lumped together then you don't see those players anymore. Sounds fixed.
  • jrago73 wrote: »
    zingaa1 wrote: »
    No real fix for it. Like others have said, there is zero chance I'm going to stay in a game when players don't know which way is up, not going to happen. What ever the penalty would be, I would take it, my time is valuable not going to waste it. Si like I said no real fix for it.

    Good players get voted up and lumped together then you don't see those players anymore. Sounds fixed.

    There's already an Xbox feature that sorta/kinda does that; if you block the user on Xbox live, chances are you won't be saddled with them in the future. And IIRC, it was one of the issues EA said was causing Clubs in LG not to be able to match up via private sessions. Their suggestion was to look at your list of blocked users and see if anyone from the opponent's LG team was on it and unblock them.
  • Moxrox84
    319 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Here's a thought EA...tie CR into how you play. Sure, we lost that game, but if my defensive and team rating were 100%, why does my CR go down? It shouldn't. It should go up.

    On the flip side of that...the center didn't win a single face off, and was out of position the whole game, took 5 penalties including a major, constantly off sides, and yet gains CR because the rest of the team carried him to a win?

    I'm a damned good LD...but my CR right now is mid 300's. I can't play club as much as most folks, so drop in is my primary playing field. I assure you, if the game rewarded me with CR based on my gameplay, I'd be up there at 1k for sure.

    How to fix? Simple...reward CR for gameplay, and then match up folks based on CR. Give us "leagues" to play in , such as under 500 CR plays in the juniors, 500-700 plays in the AHL, 700-1000 plays CHL, and 1000+ plays NHL.

    I'm willing to bet the idiots that are out there never get out of the juniors, and the other leagues get better players, a better atmosphere, and more competitive games.
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Moxrox84 wrote: »
    Here's a thought EA...tie CR into how you play. Sure, we lost that game, but if my defensive and team rating were 100%, why does my CR go down? It shouldn't. It should go up.

    On the flip side of that...the center didn't win a single face off, and was out of position the whole game, took 5 penalties including a major, constantly off sides, and yet gains CR because the rest of the team carried him to a win?

    I'm a damned good LD...but my CR right now is mid 300's. I can't play club as much as most folks, so drop in is my primary playing field. I assure you, if the game rewarded me with CR based on my gameplay, I'd be up there at 1k for sure.

    How to fix? Simple...reward CR for gameplay, and then match up folks based on CR. Give us "leagues" to play in , such as under 500 CR plays in the juniors, 500-700 plays in the AHL, 700-1000 plays CHL, and 1000+ plays NHL.

    I'm willing to bet the idiots that are out there never get out of the juniors, and the other leagues get better players, a better atmosphere, and more competitive games.

    I like this CR suggestion and the "leagues" it would create. It would fracture the community up a bit, but then again so does 3s, Ones, and EASHL 3s. If I had to choose how to divide the community up, I would take your suggestion over the play modes that currently divide the player base.
  • jrago73 wrote: »
    TeeMan69X wrote: »
    TeeMan69X wrote: »
    Why do you people always quit out of the game it's so annoying just do the game take the loss and learn something wow this is so annoying people quitting every single game

    [Socair - edited for profanity]

    Sounds like you're part of a club or a group of friends and go to dropins for some "seal bashing" otherwise you would not complain that people quit out on you.

    I play solo.

    Then you know how it is, the luck of the draw of dropins. When you get a terrible player, or someone who doesn't play his position, why stick around? I am looking to play and obviously to have fun. If a game is not fun, why stick around?

    I hate quitters but the quitting is the symptom. The sickness is the players and the fact EA does either nothing or incorrectly treats the sickness.

    Put a good system in place to prevent some of the horrible things that people do. Don't let goalies try to start a fight all game(ever?) or spend zero time in the net. Make new players play a positional tutorial before going online. Make new goalies play one offline game before going online so they at least know the dang controls. Let people vote on teammates at the end of games with things like "always in position" or "always out of position" or "never passes" and put bad teammates together.

    I know the argument will be that it's too intensive and EA wouldn't be able to do it correctly but all of these kinds of things are completely possible and done in other games. Also stop giving trolls the tools they need, goalies don't need to be able to start fights all games or skate to center ice etc. and then make a skater serve the penalty so they can keep it up.

    I understand your point of view. But if I have a player on my team that never passes because he is the next greatest thing up and coming on the planet and doesn't need his team to win, or a goalie that clearly does not know how to play or is doing it on purpose, or a D man that is always first to break out of his zone, or my D partner has no clue what is going on and forces me to do 3 or 4 things at once to try and compensate, therefore I cannot do my job properly, then I guarantee I am quitting that game to find another one.

    I don't care if I win or lose. I care how and why I win or lose.
  • I get that, Wain. I'm just saying I would like to see some solutions that tried to curb that behavior or separate those people. You can't stop people from being jerks but you can at least try to mitigate it for the health of the product.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.