EA Forums - Banner

Lag issues?

Why do I constantly have lag on EA Sports NHL games? It's only NHL.
I play Madden, Fifa and several other games and I have zero issues. When I play NHL I can definitely feel a lag or something isn't right. Like I'm a half second behind my opponent. Always getting checked off the puck before I can pass. Have trouble checking. Passes are late or don't go where I want. Anything that has to do with timing.

I've been playing these games since year one of the franchise, so it's not that I totally suck(Not saying I'm great either) but I can feel the difference between NHL and any other game I play.

It's been a problem for on previous years versions for me too.

Replies

• Oh, forgot to say, on Xbox One
  • Also, wired connection

234 download
    222 upload
    37 latency
    1480 MTU
  • Have you opened or forwarded ports? Haha I kid I kid, but that’s all the ea dev team will ask to keep us going in this merry-go-round. I have a wired, very high speed connection that doesn’t seem to even reflect that. One game to the next is a coin flip as to what you’ll have to deal with, even if the network performance stats check out exactly the same. Don’t even get me started on the situational input lag the devs have intentionally coded or their shamefully unreliabile servers.
  • Kuus2
    221 posts Member
    Mc41DMB wrote: »
    One game to the next is a coin flip as to what you’ll have to deal with, even if the network performance stats check out exactly the same.

exactly my experience. I encountered this issue recently in HUT Champs also.

I now started to using Classic camera instead of overhead. Makes everything feel quicker due to it being close up and mitigates the issue little bit.
  • > @Mc41DMB said:
    > Have you opened or forwarded ports? Haha I kid I kid, but that’s all the ea dev team will ask to keep us going in this merry-go-round. I have a wired, very high speed connection that doesn’t seem to even reflect that. One game to the next is a coin flip as to what you’ll have to deal with, even if the network performance stats check out exactly the same. Don’t even get me started on the situational input lag the devs have intentionally coded or their shamefully unreliabile servers.

Oh god, it's so irritating.

As I said I'm wired. I have done port forwarding, tried wi-fi 2.4, wi-fi 5 g, it drives me completely insane that I can't even play this game without getting enraged at the lag issues.

I remember years ago when I posted about a similar issue someone told me that having too fast of an internet could be detrimental if you are playing someone with an average speed connection.

I don't know about that. All I know is year after year, version after version, it's constant lag issues with the NHL game and ONLY the NHL game.