EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

image
Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Stop quitting

Replies

  • jrago73 wrote: »
    I get that, Wain. I'm just saying I would like to see some solutions that tried to curb that behavior or separate those people. You can't stop people from being jerks but you can at least try to mitigate it for the health of the product.

    No, I agree. Something needs to be done indeed. But for now, there is now incentive to stay in a game. I think that needs to be the focus. What can EA do so that practically no matter what, you need to finish that game?
  • jrago73 wrote: »
    I get that, Wain. I'm just saying I would like to see some solutions that tried to curb that behavior or separate those people. You can't stop people from being jerks but you can at least try to mitigate it for the health of the product.

    No, I agree. Something needs to be done indeed. But for now, there is now incentive to stay in a game. I think that needs to be the focus. What can EA do so that practically no matter what, you need to finish that game?

    Each time you quit, the timer to join a new game should start increasing. First quit, you wait 60 seconds. Second, is 5 mins, and it increases from there.

    Hell, throw in an option "you recently quit a game, you may rejoin that game or continue to wait until your timer has expired".
  • VeNOM2099
    3151 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    jrago73 wrote: »
    TeeMan69X wrote: »
    TeeMan69X wrote: »
    Why do you people always quit out of the game it's so annoying just do the game take the loss and learn something wow this is so annoying people quitting every single game

    [Socair - edited for profanity]

    Sounds like you're part of a club or a group of friends and go to dropins for some "seal bashing" otherwise you would not complain that people quit out on you.

    I play solo.

    Then you know how it is, the luck of the draw of dropins. When you get a terrible player, or someone who doesn't play his position, why stick around? I am looking to play and obviously to have fun. If a game is not fun, why stick around?

    I hate quitters but the quitting is the symptom. The sickness is the players and the fact EA does either nothing or incorrectly treats the sickness.

    Put a good system in place to prevent some of the horrible things that people do. Don't let goalies try to start a fight all game(ever?) or spend zero time in the net. Make new players play a positional tutorial before going online. Make new goalies play one offline game before going online so they at least know the dang controls. Let people vote on teammates at the end of games with things like "always in position" or "always out of position" or "never passes" and put bad teammates together.

    I know the argument will be that it's too intensive and EA wouldn't be able to do it correctly but all of these kinds of things are completely possible and done in other games. Also stop giving trolls the tools they need, goalies don't need to be able to start fights all games or skate to center ice etc. and then make a skater serve the penalty so they can keep it up.

    I understand your point of view. But if I have a player on my team that never passes because he is the next greatest thing up and coming on the planet and doesn't need his team to win...

    I actually got paired up with a user like that a few nights ago when I went back and played some NHL 19 for ghits and shiggles (people still play this game???). He never passed, always went for the cherry pick. He scored 3 of our 5 goals in that game, but only because me (I was playing Defense) and the other forward kept passing the puck because, hey, even in 3v3, we like to play as a team.

    The next game I played AGAINST him and shut him down hard since I already saw how he plays. Once we were up 3-0 in the first, he quit. LOL!!

    And he had a CR of over 800! I mean, CR means nothing in this game. It's not a really good indicator of skill or anything useful. It just means you play a lot or you have club mates that can carry each other.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    jrago73 wrote: »
    zingaa1 wrote: »
    No real fix for it. Like others have said, there is zero chance I'm going to stay in a game when players don't know which way is up, not going to happen. What ever the penalty would be, I would take it, my time is valuable not going to waste it. Si like I said no real fix for it.

    Good players get voted up and lumped together then you don't see those players anymore. Sounds fixed.

    There's already an Xbox feature that sorta/kinda does that; if you block the user on Xbox live, chances are you won't be saddled with them in the future. And IIRC, it was one of the issues EA said was causing Clubs in LG not to be able to match up via private sessions. Their suggestion was to look at your list of blocked users and see if anyone from the opponent's LG team was on it and unblock them.

    Only helps for communications.

    I get matched up with people I block, sometimes in the following game lol.
  • kicking system will be terrible, people voting to kick for dumping the puck in
  • Moxrox84 wrote: »
    jrago73 wrote: »
    I get that, Wain. I'm just saying I would like to see some solutions that tried to curb that behavior or separate those people. You can't stop people from being jerks but you can at least try to mitigate it for the health of the product.

    No, I agree. Something needs to be done indeed. But for now, there is now incentive to stay in a game. I think that needs to be the focus. What can EA do so that practically no matter what, you need to finish that game?

    Each time you quit, the timer to join a new game should start increasing. First quit, you wait 60 seconds. Second, is 5 mins, and it increases from there.

    Hell, throw in an option "you recently quit a game, you may rejoin that game or continue to wait until your timer has expired".

    So when players are hoggers, stay constantly offside, bla bla bla all the grieving methods we know, your solution is to punish me with a timer because I refuse to play with people like that?

  • Moxrox84 wrote: »
    jrago73 wrote: »
    I get that, Wain. I'm just saying I would like to see some solutions that tried to curb that behavior or separate those people. You can't stop people from being jerks but you can at least try to mitigate it for the health of the product.

    No, I agree. Something needs to be done indeed. But for now, there is now incentive to stay in a game. I think that needs to be the focus. What can EA do so that practically no matter what, you need to finish that game?

    Each time you quit, the timer to join a new game should start increasing. First quit, you wait 60 seconds. Second, is 5 mins, and it increases from there.

    Hell, throw in an option "you recently quit a game, you may rejoin that game or continue to wait until your timer has expired".

    So when players are hoggers, stay constantly offside, bla bla bla all the grieving methods we know, your solution is to punish me with a timer because I refuse to play with people like that?

    The first time you quit, you get a warning. If you quit a second time, you get a 60 second timer. Third time, 5 mins...or you can rejoin. I think there's a happy medium to be found somewhere in there.
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Moxrox84 wrote: »
    Moxrox84 wrote: »
    jrago73 wrote: »
    I get that, Wain. I'm just saying I would like to see some solutions that tried to curb that behavior or separate those people. You can't stop people from being jerks but you can at least try to mitigate it for the health of the product.

    No, I agree. Something needs to be done indeed. But for now, there is now incentive to stay in a game. I think that needs to be the focus. What can EA do so that practically no matter what, you need to finish that game?

    Each time you quit, the timer to join a new game should start increasing. First quit, you wait 60 seconds. Second, is 5 mins, and it increases from there.

    Hell, throw in an option "you recently quit a game, you may rejoin that game or continue to wait until your timer has expired".

    So when players are hoggers, stay constantly offside, bla bla bla all the grieving methods we know, your solution is to punish me with a timer because I refuse to play with people like that?

    The first time you quit, you get a warning. If you quit a second time, you get a 60 second timer. Third time, 5 mins...or you can rejoin. I think there's a happy medium to be found somewhere in there.

    Can't agree. First fix the trolling and grieving. Then, if you want to quit because you can't score or are losing and must absolutely win every time you play, then fine. Put in a cooldown period for quitters.

    Right now as it is, punishing quitters is not the solution.
  • Bring back lobbies, and we can self police. The risk level of having an unenjoyable experience in Drop Ins so currently so high that I dont even bother. Which means that unless a few of my dwindling number of friends who still enjoy NHL are around, I dont play NHL at all. It's really giving me the push to stop buying the game.

    Allow rookies to play in a rookie lobby until they're level 20 or something, where theres no groups that can join. It'll improve their experience.

    Have a Prestige Lobby, have a CR >500, CR <500. People will figure out where to go to get the experience they want. Last gen what was it, Oceanic 2 lobby at the bottom of the list that would get solid games going? Give users some options, and they'll funnel themselves where they want to be.
    EASHL player
  • Moxrox84 wrote: »
    Moxrox84 wrote: »
    jrago73 wrote: »
    I get that, Wain. I'm just saying I would like to see some solutions that tried to curb that behavior or separate those people. You can't stop people from being jerks but you can at least try to mitigate it for the health of the product.

    No, I agree. Something needs to be done indeed. But for now, there is now incentive to stay in a game. I think that needs to be the focus. What can EA do so that practically no matter what, you need to finish that game?

    Each time you quit, the timer to join a new game should start increasing. First quit, you wait 60 seconds. Second, is 5 mins, and it increases from there.

    Hell, throw in an option "you recently quit a game, you may rejoin that game or continue to wait until your timer has expired".

    So when players are hoggers, stay constantly offside, bla bla bla all the grieving methods we know, your solution is to punish me with a timer because I refuse to play with people like that?

    The first time you quit, you get a warning. If you quit a second time, you get a 60 second timer. Third time, 5 mins...or you can rejoin. I think there's a happy medium to be found somewhere in there.

    Can't agree. First fix the trolling and grieving. Then, if you want to quit because you can't score or are losing and must absolutely win every time you play, then fine. Put in a cooldown period for quitters.

    Right now as it is, punishing quitters is not the solution.

    WHY... is there a quit option in an online game? Go play Street Fighter online. Or World of Warcraft. Or any other ONLINE competitive game. There's no QUIT in the menu while playing online. If you feel that badly about the game, you can only shut down your console which is a certified RAGE QUIT and the game punishes you for it.

    Even NBA 2K20's online modes, you can't "quit" out from the menus, the option is there in the menus, but it's greyed out. If you want to quit that badly, you have to exit the app or close your Xbox.
  • Just use the rocket league model. Option to forfeit at 3:30, if you abandon match 5 minute ban. I bet that would curb a lot of the nonsense.
  • Moxrox84 wrote: »

    Each time you quit, the timer to join a new game should start increasing. First quit, you wait 60 seconds. Second, is 5 mins, and it increases from there.

    Hell, throw in an option "you recently quit a game, you may rejoin that game or continue to wait until your timer has expired".

    LOL then there's be no goalies left in Drop-in hehe
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Moxrox84 wrote: »
    Moxrox84 wrote: »
    jrago73 wrote: »
    I get that, Wain. I'm just saying I would like to see some solutions that tried to curb that behavior or separate those people. You can't stop people from being jerks but you can at least try to mitigate it for the health of the product.

    No, I agree. Something needs to be done indeed. But for now, there is now incentive to stay in a game. I think that needs to be the focus. What can EA do so that practically no matter what, you need to finish that game?

    Each time you quit, the timer to join a new game should start increasing. First quit, you wait 60 seconds. Second, is 5 mins, and it increases from there.

    Hell, throw in an option "you recently quit a game, you may rejoin that game or continue to wait until your timer has expired".

    So when players are hoggers, stay constantly offside, bla bla bla all the grieving methods we know, your solution is to punish me with a timer because I refuse to play with people like that?

    The first time you quit, you get a warning. If you quit a second time, you get a 60 second timer. Third time, 5 mins...or you can rejoin. I think there's a happy medium to be found somewhere in there.

    Can't agree. First fix the trolling and grieving. Then, if you want to quit because you can't score or are losing and must absolutely win every time you play, then fine. Put in a cooldown period for quitters.

    Right now as it is, punishing quitters is not the solution.

    WHY... is there a quit option in an online game? Go play Street Fighter online. Or World of Warcraft. Or any other ONLINE competitive game. There's no QUIT in the menu while playing online. If you feel that badly about the game, you can only shut down your console which is a certified RAGE QUIT and the game punishes you for it.

    Even NBA 2K20's online modes, you can't "quit" out from the menus, the option is there in the menus, but it's greyed out. If you want to quit that badly, you have to exit the app or close your Xbox.

    But how does that pertain to the glaring issues this game has online?You think most other online games have just as many ways to grieve without consequence?
  • VeNOM2099
    3151 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Moxrox84 wrote: »
    Moxrox84 wrote: »
    jrago73 wrote: »
    I get that, Wain. I'm just saying I would like to see some solutions that tried to curb that behavior or separate those people. You can't stop people from being jerks but you can at least try to mitigate it for the health of the product.

    No, I agree. Something needs to be done indeed. But for now, there is now incentive to stay in a game. I think that needs to be the focus. What can EA do so that practically no matter what, you need to finish that game?

    Each time you quit, the timer to join a new game should start increasing. First quit, you wait 60 seconds. Second, is 5 mins, and it increases from there.

    Hell, throw in an option "you recently quit a game, you may rejoin that game or continue to wait until your timer has expired".

    So when players are hoggers, stay constantly offside, bla bla bla all the grieving methods we know, your solution is to punish me with a timer because I refuse to play with people like that?

    The first time you quit, you get a warning. If you quit a second time, you get a 60 second timer. Third time, 5 mins...or you can rejoin. I think there's a happy medium to be found somewhere in there.

    Can't agree. First fix the trolling and grieving. Then, if you want to quit because you can't score or are losing and must absolutely win every time you play, then fine. Put in a cooldown period for quitters.

    Right now as it is, punishing quitters is not the solution.

    WHY... is there a quit option in an online game? Go play Street Fighter online. Or World of Warcraft. Or any other ONLINE competitive game. There's no QUIT in the menu while playing online. If you feel that badly about the game, you can only shut down your console which is a certified RAGE QUIT and the game punishes you for it.

    Even NBA 2K20's online modes, you can't "quit" out from the menus, the option is there in the menus, but it's greyed out. If you want to quit that badly, you have to exit the app or close your Xbox.

    But how does that pertain to the glaring issues this game has online?You think most other online games have just as many ways to grieve without consequence?

    Yes. For a long time, people would use lag switches to win games in Street Fighter and there was nothing Capcom would do about it. In NBA 2K20 you can be saddled with someone who just tries to shoot from anywhere all game without passing or trying to play as a team and there's NOTHING you can do about it as 2K doesn't really have any anti-griefing system in place.

    Heck, I remember playing Halo 2 online back in the day, playing Bomb Assault and sometimes jerks would steal the bomb and put it on top of buildings. Or some people would have one or two of their friends go into the opposing team and try to sabotage them. And there was nothing really anyone could do about it.

    I mean, today we are starting to see some games actually dealing with that kind of nonsense. Maybe EA wakes up someday and finally gives us what we've been asking for years now.
  • I'm going to just start quitting just for no reason just like everyone else this game is made for Canadians but why does Americans rule the game it's a terrible game now
  • I'm just going to quit everything game I'm done with this I'm done trying I'm done with this form I'm done I'm just done!!!!!!!
  • TeeMan69X
    98 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Okay maybe I'm going to take to your break obviously one year break wasn't long enough EA Sports fix your game
  • TeeMan69X
    98 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Please delete my account and never allow me on this forum ever again I am done I hate this game
  • TeeMan69X
    98 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Number one thing that me off the most is that if you're a goalie going for the shut out and the other team quits like why should I even play the game anymore
  • TeeMan69X wrote: »
    Number one thing that me off the most is that if you're a goalie going for the shut out and the other team quits like why should I even play the game anymore

    You still get credited for the shut out for your information. I think you need to play pretty much only the first period for it to trigger (or maybe even less than that). If the team quits after that, you still get the shutout.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!