EA Forums - Banner

How synergy work

Listen to me, try it out. And learn the value of synergies.

A lot of people are frustrated with this game because they are not using synergies. Plain and simple.

This is going to show you how to use synergies properly and clear up the confusion.

There are two types of synergies as we all know. Player synergies and Team Synergies. Both are important but don’t work the way the majority think they do.

Team synergies boost the whole team. Every single player. Player synergies MODIFY the team every single player.

You want to focus mainly on TEAM synergies and then work to modify after.

Team synergies

Team synergies work by obviously boosting an entire teams attributes. Any player on your team with a team synergy listed on his card regardless if he has multiple synergies or not are your MAIN players. They are your bread and butter.

Player Synergies

These players are your supporting roles. They modify the way the team is playing when they are holding the puck.
They give a boost to certain attributes to players playing “with” them. Aka, players with TEAM Synergies.

How it all comes together

I’m going to do a play by play and show you exactly how synergies are working.

Let’s start at the faceoff dot. Start of the game. Puck is dropped. My centre is WK.

I win the faceoff back to my left D who is let’s say TN.

My team has already been modified twice. When I won the faceoff with my WK, WK was activated for a split second. When my defenseman with TN is now holding the puck TN is active.

Let’s say I pass from this defeseman over to my other defenseman who has a TEAM synergy active. TN Remains Active.

This TEAM synergy player now passes the puck up the RW who has BL active. Now BL is active. He skates into to the ozone, sends a cross crease pass to the LW with another Team Synergy active. LW winds up BL remains active and he blasts a slapped from the slap shoot boost BL is giving for a one nothing lead.

Replies

• Source?
  • monz
    958 posts Member

A lot of people are frustrated with this game because they are not using synergies. Plain and simple.

This is going to show you how to use synergies properly and clear up the confusion.

There are two types of synergies as we all know. Player synergies and Team Synergies. Both are important but don’t work the way the majority think they do.

Team synergies boost the whole team. Every single player. Player synergies MODIFY the team every single player.

Team synergies

Team synergies work by obviously boosting an entire teams attributes. Any player on your team with a team synergy listed on his card regardless if he has multiple synergies or not are your MAIN players. They are your bread and butter.

Player Synergies

These players are your supporting roles. They modify the way the team is playing when they are holding the puck.
    They give a boost to certain attributes to players playing “with” them. Aka, players with TEAM Synergies.

Let’s start at the faceoff dot. Start of the game. Puck is dropped. My centre is WK.

My team has already been modified twice. When I won the faceoff with my WK, WK was activated for a split second. When my defenseman with TN is now holding the puck TN is active.

Let’s say I pass from this defeseman over to my other defenseman who has a TEAM synergy active. TN Remains Active.

This TEAM synergy player now passes the puck up the RW who has BL active. Now BL is active. He skates into to the ozone, sends a cross crease pass to the LW with another Team Synergy active. LW winds up BL remains active and he blasts a slapped from the slap shoot boost BL is giving for a one nothing lead.

I would also like to know where your getting your information. It's very interesting way to think about synergies.
  • monz wrote: »

Team synergies

Player Synergies

I would also like to know where your getting your information. It's very interesting way to think about synergies.

Interesting, but I'm gonna go with wrong. Otherwise, every synergy is a team synergy, and player synergies would be redundant.

• monz
    958 posts Member
    I had always thought when you activate a team synergy your whole team gets an attribute boost, activate a player synergy only player with said synergy get an attribute boost.
  • Z0mbieBabyJesus
    1539 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    monz wrote: »
    I had always thought when you activate a team synergy your whole team gets an attribute boost, activate a player synergy only player with said synergy get an attribute boost.

That's exactly right.

Thread the needle requires 6 players to o activate. Once activated, those 6 and any other player with TN synergy, will receive an attribute boost (passing, wsa, ssa).

If those players are out with other players that don't have TN, they are the only ones getting the boost. The players without TN, are not getting any boost from TN whatsoever.

If you have a team synergy active, every player on the team receives the attribute boost, regardless of whether or not there's any players on the ice with the synergy.

BritonEarly definitely has some interesting theories, and has over the years, but absolutely none of them have ever actually been confirmed, or proven.
    Completely speculative based on confirmation bias. But he's free to think what he wants. I personally think he's putting too much thought behind it.

If EaDev would confirm anything he said, I'd be more than happy to accept his explanations. Until then, i just can't logically support it.
  • It would also be nice to see on the players attributes to see the boost that the team syns and the individual syns are getting ...and I think when syns were first introduce it explained how it actually worked
  • Would be nice if they added a 2nd column for boosted attributes. So it would display maybe an increased number in green, right beside the standard normal white attribute number. Make it easy to see immediate increases. Maybe even have a 2nd place on the front to show the boosted overall. Same with team ovr.

• Listen to me, try it out. And learn the value of synergies.

Team synergies

Player Synergies

Um No. The synergies boost all members on your team or individual players depending on the synergy you activated. You can check your base stats with r3 and see that when a synergy is active it will have improved the attribute stats. The players play with these improved stats and they Do Not transfer or transition in game to other players. For example all players in the game can do a deflection and thus is controlled by hand eye. The net presense synergy will increase hand eye by 2 improving the chances those players may do a deflection. The deflection odds are still random and players with lower hand eye may get deflection goals. It is not as if you can expect your synergized players to start going nuts putting in deflections. No the will just have a small 2% or so increase. Pretty minor, but every but helps
  • I spent most of my time last year creating an all synced team with the help of HUTDB and a spread sheet. Mission accomplished however never felt it was worth the effect. This year I’m just picking up who I want and can afford and having more time to enjoy the Rivals and SB. Funny thing is that I currently have 4 synergy activated by accident, 1 is the entire team.
  • Not correct. Player synergies ONLY influence the stats of the players with that synergy activated. It only has a secondary effect on other players. If I Pass the puck with a player that has a player synergy with improved passing activated, that will of course also improve the receiving players' change of receiving the puck, but NOT of passing the puck better on to the next player.
  • How much does it REALLY improve a player. For example a player has a base 90 shot accuracy and a synergy bumps it up to 93. Such a tiny amount it barely matters.....unlike back in nhl12 you could get training cards (+3 or +5 or more if I recall correctly) for several attributes. You had the ability to jack up all of the key attributes to 99 by acquiring training cards in packs or in the auction house. That was fun
  • LOL. I think this exact post pops up every year. There is not that much to it. There is no chemistry component to Synergies. Just ratings boosts.

I do like to put together teams where every player has at least 1 on but you don't need to have the same synergies on your lines.