EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

EA...any chance you could communicate to us what fixes/changes you might address?

Prev1
Obviously there are many glaring issues that we, your player base, have communicated to you since launch. Most of them have not been addressed in any way at this point, and the griping is obviously increasing. The lack of communication you have with us certainly lends credence to the ideology that you no longer really care about the product you are putting out.

Perhaps opening up a line of meaningful communication with us might lend to better sales in the future...

Replies

• According to them the gameplay is in a good place and they don't want to change it. Not sure who they heard this from but they must not be checking these boards too often. I've just about given up on this franchise and just might wait to see if it's any better on ps5 or if another company can make a hockey game. Still no connected franchise, bad CPU in hut, while CPU in chel is poor but to make up for it they boost their stats so much that they are perfect besides positioning, back skating being way too good, still no ability to edit our stats in eashl besides picking a build and traits. If they fix these things do they think they won't have any other way to convince us to buy? I dunno what their strategy is. This game is more frustrating than it is fun most nights.
  • According to them the gameplay is in a good place and they don't want to change it. Not sure who they heard this from but they must not be checking these boards too often. I've just about given up on this franchise and just might wait to see if it's any better on ps5 or if another company can make a hockey game. Still no connected franchise, bad CPU in hut, while CPU in chel is poor but to make up for it they boost their stats so much that they are perfect besides positioning, back skating being way too good, still no ability to edit our stats in eashl besides picking a build and traits. If they fix these things do they think they won't have any other way to convince us to buy? I dunno what their strategy is. This game is more frustrating than it is fun most nights.

From what I can see so far, my opinion is they are Fortniting this game out as much as they can get away with. You got the (kind of) serious side of hockey with HUT, VS, Be a Pro, Franchise and I guess EASHL club games. As for the rest, it's a real clown show and horribly implemented. Yet again I get added another 900 CHEL items and yet I am still locked with Team White Addidas or Team Black Addidas. Why do they keep adding items when more than half is unusable in 6s dropins, and is confusing for the most part in 3s????

It's like it's becoming a track record the last few years. Something is clearly broken or not working as intended, yet they continue to add to it.... Stop adding items I can't use!!! Put that money and those resources somewhere else that is more useful. Like AI... Better AI could better suit every single mode. Better simming engine, more streamlined menus, more player likeness instead of generic faces, or worse, blank faces on cards, functional goalie threat analysis, actual control and a fun factor to playing goalie, more depth and immersion to Be a Pro, etc..

I am just tired of seeing so many glaring issues, but I can have a chewable mouth guard, an ugly brown parka that I cannot wear, horrible shadows in dropins, and I can skate sideways to abuse the hell out of the game and then claim "user skill" and that maybe, you know, you just need to git gud because I know how to hockey....
  • It's starting to feel the same as last year, when they gave up on fixing the matchmaking system, and really just stopped all communications with us. It seems like this is where the big gaming companies are going...release a broken game, patch a couple of things, and ignore the people who actually play it. Such a disgrace at this point.
  • Well, some of the devs likes to engage in lengthy discussion about minor details in game play, like fine tuning stick on skate contact to get 0.0025% less tripping calls per game. The rest gets ignored - and often copy pasted to the next iteration of the game, bugs and all...

The devs lost sight of the big picture years ago.

And now we have a hockey game that doesn't feel like hockey.
  • Just give us NHL95 with the current rosters and skill stick. More people would be happy with that than the latest broken jalopy that is out.
  • They wanted feed back and got a ton ,but still not a fix for so many glaring issues with this game and sadly it doesn't look like we're getting one any time soon
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    They wanted feed back and got a ton ,but still not a fix for so many glaring issues with this game and sadly it doesn't look like we're getting one any time soon

I've been here for probably more than 5 years, and every year it's the same story.

Tons of feedback, no significant changes. Still same bugs, same glitch goals, same abuse of broken mechanics, same ways to troll, same explanations, same horrible AI, same price tag.
  • Let's face it, this game will never be good, if they continue like this. This game needs a total reboot and rework from the scratch (and for real this time). Otherwise it's just putting lipstick on a pig. I don't see next gen being any different. More hats and hoodies maybe?
  • bryta47
    373 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    Let's face it, this game will never be good, if they continue like this. This game needs a total reboot and rework from the scratch (and for real this time). Otherwise it's just putting lipstick on a pig. I don't see next gen being any different. More hats and hoodies maybe?

They are puttning lipstick upon layers and layers of old lipstick at this point...
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    Let's face it, this game will never be good, if they continue like this. This game needs a total reboot and rework from the scratch (and for real this time). Otherwise it's just putting lipstick on a pig. I don't see next gen being any different. More hats and hoodies maybe?

The game will never change because to give credit where it's due, the devs have tried a different route before. Just look at the first few days of the 19 beta. It was fresh, snappy and fun. It was different. It felt different. In fact, I was totally fine with how sensitive poke checks and the DSS were in relation to tripping because every other defensive tool worked and we had options. They remove those options, yet we are still gimped with glass ankles...

Next thing you know the same try-hards were whining they couldn't score the same garbage goals they've been scoring for over 4 years. EA reverted to the 4+ year garbage to make them happy. This alone is proof enough no significant changes are going to happen anytime soon. AI goalies are probably at an all time worst right now. Great job.

Next year I am really hoping we get custom aviator goggles and leather helmets.
  • RSO75 wrote: »
    Just give us NHL95 with the current rosters and skill stick. More people would be happy with that than the latest broken jalopy that is out.

lol no, that game was trash
  • VeNOM2099
    3174 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    According to them the gameplay is in a good place and they don't want to change it. Not sure who they heard this from but they must not be checking these boards too often. I've just about given up on this franchise and just might wait to see if it's any better on ps5 or if another company can make a hockey game. Still no connected franchise, bad CPU in hut, while CPU in chel is poor but to make up for it they boost their stats so much that they are perfect besides positioning, back skating being way too good, still no ability to edit our stats in eashl besides picking a build and traits. If they fix these things do they think they won't have any other way to convince us to buy? I dunno what their strategy is. This game is more frustrating than it is fun most nights.

From what I can see so far, my opinion is they are Fortniting this game out as much as they can get away with. You got the (kind of) serious side of hockey with HUT, VS, Be a Pro, Franchise and I guess EASHL club games. As for the rest, it's a real clown show and horribly implemented. Yet again I get added another 900 CHEL items and yet I am still locked with Team White Addidas or Team Black Addidas. Why do they keep adding items when more than half is unusable in 6s dropins, and is confusing for the most part in 3s????

It's like it's becoming a track record the last few years. Something is clearly broken or not working as intended, yet they continue to add to it.... Stop adding items I can't use!!! Put that money and those resources somewhere else that is more useful. Like AI... Better AI could better suit every single mode. Better simming engine, more streamlined menus, more player likeness instead of generic faces, or worse, blank faces on cards, functional goalie threat analysis, actual control and a fun factor to playing goalie, more depth and immersion to Be a Pro, etc..

I am just tired of seeing so many glaring issues, but I can have a chewable mouth guard, an ugly brown parka that I cannot wear, horrible shadows in dropins, and I can skate sideways to abuse the hell out of the game and then claim "user skill" and that maybe, you know, you just need to git gud because I know how to hockey....

You mean "skill gap". LMAO!!

It cracked me up when they said that! Here's another good one: "We feel the game is in a good place right now"...

ShabbyPleasingIndianpalmsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH-HAH-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1262 posts Member
    edited November 2019

Sharks with laser beams!
    42fd7a1f3181e87c1a3c1d0599b05f23d3fbcb0f9d49eebfba2b878beda2cbcb.jpg

• Sgt_Kelso wrote: »

Sharks with laser beams!

Don't give them ideas :s
  • I'd laugh if the interceptions weren't fixed haha. I could literally detail them how to fix all of them via a tuner update but we've all given them in the past to no avail.

The game will never change because to give credit where it's due, the devs have tried a different route before. Just look at the first few days of the 19 beta. It was fresh, snappy and fun. It was different. It felt different. In fact, I was totally fine with how sensitive poke checks and the DSS were in relation to tripping because every other defensive tool worked and we had options. They remove those options, yet we are still gimped with glass ankles...

Next thing you know the same try-hards were whining they couldn't score the same garbage goals they've been scoring for over 4 years. EA reverted to the 4+ year garbage to make them happy. This alone is proof enough no significant changes are going to happen anytime soon. AI goalies are probably at an all time worst right now. Great job.

4rqkkweyl3oh.gif
  • Spot on Mr Wain you never disappoint

Sharks with laser beams!

Would you settle for some aggressive Bass with lasers? :tongue:
  • Spot on Mr Wain you never disappoint

Um, my wife would most likely have a different opinion, mind dropping her a memo? LOL!