EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Drop-in arenas, Jersey selection, regular clean ice surface

Prev13456712
Mr_Darklighter
224 posts Member
edited March 4
Ya know we shouldn't be forced to play club just to get a clean distraction free sheet of ice to play on. Keep the outdoor stuff fine but news flash EA... just because it is out doors does not mean a rink is blue... and then to make away jerseys grey... what were you thinking.

At the very least remove the canal map from rotation. For the love of god why has this not been addressed?
Post edited by Mr_Darklighter on

Replies

• They won't do it
  • EA has long since stopped caring about the game they put out. They have no interest in what players actually want...instead, they want the money that Adidas gives them for the advertising. Without the pathetic clown gear that no one wanted, they can't sell off the advertising space. It's become quite the joke now.
  • Wait for the extra 900 items we are going to yet again get in NHL 21. New outdoor rink will be in the mountains of Afghanistan and here's the tickler: There will be snipers hiding in the mountains and you have to avoid the bullets while you LT your way to the net.
  • I won't even play a drop in until they bring back non outdoor rinks. Refuse to play with the shadows and horrible clown gear.

I thought we were done with that stuff the last time they had it last gen. I honestly don't remember much, if any positive coming from the clown gear then, and don't see any now.

Bring back indoor rinks, or at the very least, kill the damn shadows. Maybe have a visual option that defaults the teams to basic jerseys as an option for those sick of the ugly as sin "gear" ea has the children of Devs making. I have to assume children are making these artistic decisions with gear. I can't see a grown person looking at this stuff and saying "man, those guys are gonna love this ms paint job I put on these skates!".

EA. More isn't better, just because it's more. Put out quality, not quantity. 10 year olds aren't going to save this series, you need to focus on the actual hockey fans. Enough with the cheesy non hockey junk.
  • I won't even play a drop in until they bring back non outdoor rinks. Refuse to play with the shadows and horrible clown gear.

I thought we were done with that stuff the last time they had it last gen. I honestly don't remember much, if any positive coming from the clown gear then, and don't see any now.

Bring back indoor rinks, or at the very least, kill the damn shadows. Maybe have a visual option that defaults the teams to basic jerseys as an option for those sick of the ugly as sin "gear" ea has the children of Devs making. I have to assume children are making these artistic decisions with gear. I can't see a grown person looking at this stuff and saying "man, those guys are gonna love this ms paint job I put on these skates!".

EA. More isn't better, just because it's more. Put out quality, not quantity. 10 year olds aren't going to save this series, you need to focus on the actual hockey fans. Enough with the cheesy non hockey junk.

I very much agree my friend.
  • Made a thread about this myself. Regardless of what year it was, I always (for the most part) enjoyed doing 6s drop ins because they were fun.

Now, I don't even comprehend playing OTP because of this stupid outdoor nonsense.
  • In the good old days players could choose a nhl team at the match making lobby. I loved when you would get classic match ups like Montréal vs Boston, etc!

Honestly I don’t see why both classic indoor and the new outdoor version can’t be available for those playing drop in.
  • Get rid of the shadows and bring back the white hoodies.
    My eyes...my eyes...MY EYES ARE BURNING!
  • In the good old days players could choose a nhl team at the match making lobby. I loved when you would get classic match ups like Montréal vs Boston, etc!

Honestly I don’t see why both classic indoor and the new outdoor version can’t be available for those playing drop in.

Because somebody would be in big trouble if a big majority of players went classic.

"So we spent all these resources on your fortnitification of the series these past 2 years but 80% of drop in players are choosing classic now?"
  • BassMan_PC
    348 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    jrago73 wrote: »
    In the good old days players could choose a nhl team at the match making lobby. I loved when you would get classic match ups like Montréal vs Boston, etc!

Because somebody would be in big trouble if a big majority of players went classic.

"So we spent all these resources on your fortnitification of the series these past 2 years but 80% of drop in players are choosing classic now?"

If they were in tune with their community, they would know that this was a bad idea right from the beginning. We need to get the Trumpster in there...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=crmvHJpCkfM

We need better from the development team.
  • Wait for the extra 900 items we are going to yet again get in NHL 21. New outdoor rink will be in the mountains of Afghanistan and here's the tickler: There will be snipers hiding in the mountains and you have to avoid the bullets while you LT your way to the net.

Chel of Duty 21: Artic Warfare
  • I like the jersey comment too. We used to have classic match ups and were able to explore some fun jerseys, whether they be NHL alternate or classic jerseys, or the euro league ones.
  • Remember those ultimate match ups like Team Canada vs Team USA!

Even if most people picked the classic version for 6 on 6, the outdoor stuff would still be available in one's.

I want this feature back even more than a PC version lol

Heheheh, just make sure you equip a silencer on your stick. :tongue:

Heheheh, just make sure you equip a silencer on your stick. :tongue:

After scoring 6 consecutive goals you can call in an air strike to annihilate your opponents. :p
  • No dev response? After the countless threads about this and the ease in which it can be fixed...
  • No dev response? After the countless threads about this and the ease in which it can be fixed...

I think that says it all about how much they care about what the people who buy the game matter to them.

Don't exactly recall where I saw this, but an EA employee said that there was an overwhelming response to the whole dropin format and this CHEL stuff and that is why they are expanding on it.

Make of it what you wish, but seems like they think or are actually getting told that this new format is great. Just wish I knew someone who would agree because honestly, I don't. Not a single player I know enjoys it.
  • VeNOM2099
    2877 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Moxrox84 wrote: »
    No dev response? After the countless threads about this and the ease in which it can be fixed...

I think that says it all about how much they care about what the people who buy the game matter to them.

Now... I'm all for giving the people who made this mess a hard time. But just because they don't answer every post on this forum, doesn't necessarily mean they don't care.

Sometimes there's nothing left to say. I'd rather they remain silent but work on fixing the game, that they speak with their actions rather than empty words. I want them to HEAR what we say, not just LISTEN. :p
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Moxrox84 wrote: »
    No dev response? After the countless threads about this and the ease in which it can be fixed...

Now... I'm all for giving the people who made this mess a hard time. But just because they don't answer every post on this forum, doesn't necessarily mean they don't care.

Sometimes there's nothing left to say. I'd rather they remain silent but work on fixing the game, that they speak with their actions rather than empty words. I want them to HEAR what we say, not just LISTEN. :p

That's the thing.... Their actions or lack thereof is what shows they do not care.