EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Update Be a Pro.....

EA should take notes from other sports series games like NBA2k and MLB The Show when it comes to 'Be a Pro'. Add in more features like practices where you actually participate in drills to build your character, instead of just clicking on what you want to train in for that week (boring). Then distribute upgrade points based on your performance in those practices.

Replies

• additionally....EA, please bring in the possibility that we can choose to play the be a pro career with an own character or with an existing real character....e.g. it would be great to play as Elias Pettersson or others. In past NHL games it was possible...I remember I played a career as David Krejci.
  • They haven’t touched the mode in 7 years. It’s stale and still feels like old gen, but is still the only playable mode for me anymore. They need to change it up next year or all hell will break lose.

Add back player team and fan relationships.
    Add in contract negotiations (I’m at least a 120 point player on superstar in the NHL and I got offered 4 million dollars for three years)
    More dynamic ice times, especially special teams. (First line PP, first line forward, at least 40% PP when I’m on the ice but for some reason I still only get 30 seconds ice time every man advantage? Ridiculous.
    Add back the flashing circle that popped up by your stamina when you need to change. No idea why they removed it two years ago but they never added it back. Same with showing shots during simming.

I’ve made a few posts on this that never got attention I’m kinda upset about. I hope this thread gets attention and EA finally does something about Be A Pro. I can’t believe they actually haven’t touched it this entire generation. Especially looking at MLB and NBA there’s so much potential and so much they could’ve done.
  • darkryd3r wrote: »
    additionally....EA, please bring in the possibility that we can choose to play the be a pro career with an own character or with an existing real character....e.g. it would be great to play as Elias Pettersson or others. In past NHL games it was possible...I remember I played a career as David Krejci.

This would be fun to add back to the game as well. Play out your favourite players career or a promising stars. Or even try to recreate the career Gretzky or Lemieux had or something like that would be really fun too.