EA Forums - Banner

Another unhappy client. Do something to your game.

I was reading your facebook page. Looks like you really have "few" unhappy clients.

Lets try to send some feedback to game developers by this way.
I have sent lots of feedbacks to game developers every year and i got 0 answers. Whats wrong with you EA Sports? I also have friends who did same thing but nobody is answering or if somebody answer, its automatic message. Lets try this write to this forum if it helps.

Every year something is broken and every year there is some bugs or cheat/tricks that you can cheat on gameplay or making goals. Or then there is something wrong with connections or some button is broken or .... there is lots of things. Umbeliveable how you can do this every year. Now it is example puck control (also in 2019) : L2, L2+X. You can skate backwards and doing that move with the puck and when good player do that, its almost impossible to take puck away from him without penalty.

Are you guys drunk or under some kind of medicine when you are creating this game?

First i have few things about EA Sports "Creative AI" Superstar bots. I have played HUT pretty much and especially Squad Battles on now days if i can get some good cards from packs. I understand that this is a game but i bet that you wanna develop more and more realistic game which is enjoyable. Right?

I have been loyal NHL Customer almost 20 years and have to say that this game supposed to be much higher level. You dont have any feelings to make game more better because this is only hockey game on a market. Right?

Anyway Bots are so unreal. I understand that if you play superstar level, they should be good but please. They are so stronger and faster than human players/bots. Stats dont tell you anything. Those are fake. I have lost only once to Superstar bot match(1of about 150) and team overall was 70. Then i win over 90 overal teams somehow 14-1? explain? I can believe that its difficult to code AI but please do something to this, its really horrible.

PASSING
Bot`s passing is also so unreal. Its almost impossible to take a puck away from superstar bots. Its like 100% faster than players passing. It also goes trought players. That is so annoying. Also its funny that usually when you change player, bot will pass to other side immediately when you press player change button.

FACEOFFS WITH BOTS
Faceoffs are totally broken. Doesnt make sense at all. If you take faceoff which one you should win, you still lose. Funny that example my Stamkos 86 card (Faceoffs 99) lost to team overall 70 bots almost every faceoffs. If you tie, and you win, you still cant really win. Bots get the puck before you.

SPEED
Bots speed is like 100% faster, bot acceleration is also soo funny that my Mackinnon losing to Byfuglien BOT which is skating backwards. lol. Puck race is broken, if u dump or puck is going in the corner. You never get there before bot. Bot always win skating competitions.

POWER
Bots are super super strong. Hits are sooo unreal. Bot basicly can hit my Byfuglien or some other big guy down when bot is just standing and of course without speed. Bots are really aggressive. If player trying to cover puck, example with X. Bot just hits or pushing you with hands all the time and some point you lose the puck(like with magnet), power is way too strong. I usually trying to keep puck offensive zone, behind the goal and then i try to skate to front of the goal. Then standing bot hits my player without speed. He is flying to the corner because the power is so strong.
Thats also funny that almost every bot game someone of my team gets injured. 4x is record.

SHOOTING
Bot really dont need many goal opportunies. They just find that hole from the goal where they shoot or BOT ALWAYS gets rebound off the shots and then they score.
Doesnt help if my tactics are set to "front of the goal". There is enemy bot ALWAYS before your own players. That is also so stupid and tactics are not working.

PLAYERS GOALIE versus BOT GOALIE
Bot goalie is sometimes like a god. Amazing saves. That bot goalie just "teleports" to other post if there is one timer change. Almost 40 shots/game and sometimes you just win 2-1.
I understand if the goalie is really good overall but like 70 is not good overal in my opinion. Good for us that your game is so broken that we can cheat how to make goals everytime or every year somehow.

Feels like player goalie is drunk. When bot shots from good spot, its always a goal. This is not working same way to bot goalie when player is shooting. I have also did try different goalies, a lot but my opinion it doesnt matter who is standing between the pipes. Anyway i use it manually when somebody is shooting. Goalie then takes saves much more (also versus human players). Then you really cant pass with your goalie, if some bot is even nearby(in squad battles). Bot reacts immediately when you press pass button and ALWAYS get puck before your players and score. Ridiculous.

SUPERSTAR BOTs POKE CHECK
Funny that bots are not using poke check. They just have like really strong magnet and they just take the puck from you without pokecheck or hitting. Doesnt make any sense. lol.

SKILL BETWEEN BOTS IN ALL GAME MODES
There is something magic in these bots also. Other team have super bot and other team have idiot bot. Those bots supposed to be same level, now they are not.

SOMETIMES TACTICS ARE NOT WORKING
Example: Own bot players going to offside. Usually in really bad timings. Why? and yes i have setting on tactics that -> no dump, skating over the blue line.

Your own players playing wrong positions, please? You cant use onetimers with defenders because they play opposite positions. Also wingers do the same thing. And game also change sometimes
my top center -> winger and winger -> C after goal, why?? Easy to do faceoffs then... zzzz.. Sometimes you cant change your players when defending and usually this happens when there is goal change for opponent.

LINE CHANGES
Are not working sometimes. All of us probably have same feeling sometimes that players just chilling on the ice, they are not going to bench. Doesnt matter if u do it manyally some player still can play like 3 changes.

HITTING in ALL MODES
Sometimes hits doesnt work. You probably know the feeling when you are trying to hit other player or bot. The "hit line" is perfect and you know that its going to hit but then.. suprise you just miss that player. There is some kind of animation.

VERSUS/HUT AGAINST OTHER HUMAN and OVERALL
Please EA Sports, remove those ridiculous handicaps. This is a hockey game right? Someone is always better that someone. There is huge difference between bots and goalies and how they react and playing on the ice.

Please fix your game if you wanna keep your clients. I really hope that some game company make hockey game some year with almost same game modes. I think you dont have any customers after that or then you really need to do something to your game.

Another unhappy customer client

Replies

• While I agree with nearly all of what you said, you complained it's too easy to cheat the game on SS difficulty and score glitch goals. Dude,. Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to use it. You're actually running the game for yourself. The a.i. is still terrible yes but don't use exploits just because they're there.
  • kitchener_boy
    354 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    I never exploit the games,I play it with real hockey plays and that is how everyone should play cause the game won't seem bad if you did it this way! Instead of puck ragging back skate..try puck cycling and screen shots.
    Remember,this is not NES HOCKEY your playing vs the computter anymore gammers. There is a unwritten rule of sportsmanship if you wanna play online.This is hockey,not a school yard game of TAG!.
  • Kmahrle83
    367 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    I never exploit the games,I play it with real hockey plays and that is how everyone should play cause the game won't seem bad if you did it this way! Instead of puck ragging back skate..try puck cycling and screen shots.
    Remember,this is not NES HOCKEY your playing vs the computter anymore gammers. There is a unwritten rule of sportsmanship if you wanna play online.This is hockey,not a school yard game of TAG!.

This. Yes EA is at fault for letting these things remain in the game but it's the toxic win at all costs community that's the real issue.
  • EA won't fix any part of this game pertaining to HUT it plays exactly how they want it to...
  • I'm glad someone is finally pointing out these! It's ridiculous how they've rigged the game! Why build a game and not let your customers enjoy it at full potential? Nope, instead the tweak the adjustment of your own players, you have no controls of your game, EA decides if your players will or won't be on position and such! If you want to win at this game, you got to abuse or grind the system itself and in which part this is hockey?

There's so may things to go on, yet nothing is reviewed, they just let us write in the forum and trying to convince us that they listen! I buy NHL to play hockey, not to play against the system and being force to play "skill zone", which as become toxic! But, that's what they want, they want these kinds of player to lead costumer into buying into micro transaction and now they put fairness adjustment to make us believe it's not a pay to win, but "skill"!

And now, they've adjust AI offline, like Squad Battle! CPU on superstar are good, I expect that from playing superstar, but this is not Star Wars, they play like they got the Force in them! Passing is disgusting, they intercept passes inches from you, backward, not look at the puck, etc.. but your players can't stop a puck going so slow in front of them for absolutely NO REASON!! And when you try to make a pass, they just doesn't catch the puck, at all, they just keep skating like they were figure skating!

Faceoff have become toxic! Your players just freeze, doing nothing, just standing there!!

My 99 speed players can't keep up with 82 overall players? How? This as been like that for years, and now it's in offline!

Why do on superstar, all my shots either hit the post, miss the net or goalie does an incredible save out of no where, while on the opposite side, my goalie let's about anything enter, he's so slow, that's incredible!! PLUS, my players can't get near a rebound, I mean NEVER!! On the other side tho, EVERYWHERE they fire a shot, they get 99% successful rebound! HOW and WHY?

Why do strategies, most of the time, never work? I switch between them depending on how my opponent play, but nothing! You put your Dman to be careful and not take any chances, 30 seconds later they're behind opponent net for absolutely NO REASON!! Not only to mention, that my players are mostly out positioned for still no reason! PP as become nightmare, 2 of my players behind the net, can't cross crease or pass, I have to do a weak short side shot or pass to my Dman, who for some reason are at the middle of the blue line with my other Dman! When I get 2 on 1, my player just hide behind the Dman, no pass to be done there!

Line changes hurt so baaad! Some of my players stay on ice forever!! I can change line 10 times, cause yes, now I do my own line changes cause EA has found a way to screw this too, and they just stay on the ice, I guess they enjoy skating a lot!

Puck magnet as become a thing!! How can someone just pass next to you, no hitting, no poke check or stick lift, the puck just goes on their stick and it's over! How can you get poke check from behind, and the poke goes backward? Same with hitting, I get hit from behind, I lose control of the puck and the puck goes backward.. Who's taking care of physic?

in the 25+ years of EA sports NHL, there's still no one that has a clue on how icing work? And what about offside? My players just stay outside of the line, and don't move, for like 5-6 seconds! And some massive crowd at the blue line, all my players stay there and all of suddenly, offside!

I could carry, for a long time, but this won't change a thing, I mean none! EA already got their mind set on how we SHOULD play their games! I am truly hopeful that some staff from EA read this and understand what they're doing to this game and their own image! But once again, who am I? Just some costumer, buying their games for 20+ years and now doesn't found an inch of fun!! Why can't we have control of the game we buy? Why do you have to manipulate the game at your advantage? Yes, I am aware that some players are better than me, and I expect to lose at them or get better, but it's not the case, we simply play by your rules! Let us enjoy the game, stop the micro transaction and you pay to play! I got this game as a gift this year, cause I wouldn't have pay for this game, but I feel bad for whoever did!
  • jason12311
    200 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Lol they will never stop with micro transaction makes them to much money. What they need is to add more servers or upgrade them connection issues is a pain some times
  • The game is centered around HUT and instant gratification. As long as that's the mentality behind the game, nothing will change. If people aren't scoring, they aren't playing. No players, no HUT $$$
  • Axel_Owretchsin
    296 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    And pretty sure they're just going to bring over this core game with un-optimized menus and general lack of responsiveness to next-gen systems for the next 5+ years like they did with current gen. But they'll change some fonts, colors, and graphics may be a tad better for PS5 though!
  • Kmahrle83
    367 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    And pretty sure they're just going to bring over this core game with un-optimized menus and general lack of responsiveness to next-gen systems for the next 5+ years like they did with current gen. But they'll change some fonts, colors, and graphics may be a tad better for PS5 though!

Oh no... Lies! They rebuilt from the ground up... But they purposely coded in the same broken crap when rebuilding it? I'm not buying their lies.
  • If they connect your be a pro player to your club and EASHL stuff this game will be awesome again. Control 4 players instead of one for the whole gm- it’s time they make the leap before 2k steals the show.
  • I couldn't agree more with you. All these things we are experiencing are in the game for a reason. From lack of or no innovation to putting in things so to make the players keep spending money. If they really gave damn about their community they would have given us REAL hockey game years ago. The only way they will learn is once everyone stops preordering and buying, whatever this "game" is.
  • darkop28 wrote: »
    I couldn't agree more with you. All these things we are experiencing are in the game for a reason. From lack of or no innovation to putting in things so to make the players keep spending money. If they really gave damn about their community they would have given us REAL hockey game years ago. The only way they will learn is once everyone stops preordering and buying, whatever this "game" is.

Game sales mean nothing.

If you want to hit where it hurts, HUT is the source.

You really think that if you and 6 of your friends don't buy the game, it will change a single thing when you see reports of certain people spending more than $7000 a year on HUT? Just that guy alone gives more money than 85 people buying a copy of this game. He makes more money for EA than 85 sales....
  • darkop28 wrote: »
    I couldn't agree more with you. All these things we are experiencing are in the game for a reason. From lack of or no innovation to putting in things so to make the players keep spending money. If they really gave damn about their community they would have given us REAL hockey game years ago. The only way they will learn is once everyone stops preordering and buying, whatever this "game" is.

Game sales mean nothing.

You really think that if you and 6 of your friends don't buy the game, it will change a single thing when you see reports of certain people spending more than $7000 a year on HUT? Just that guy alone gives more money than 85 people buying a copy of this game. He makes more money for EA than 85 sales....

And it's nearly 100% clean profit for EA compared to selling the game itself which has more costs associated to it. But as popular as the mode is, it's starting to slowly dwindle lately, so maybe there's hope for the future...
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    darkop28 wrote: »

Game sales mean nothing.

And it's nearly 100% clean profit for EA compared to selling the game itself which has more costs associated to it. But as popular as the mode is, it's starting to slowly dwindle lately, so maybe there's hope for the future...

Well, we haven't reached the Christmas Noob rush yet, so unfortunately that should buy EA a little more time.
  • We just got through Black Friday though and the game was 50% off... I did see a bunch of noobs in lobbies though, which I backed out of (thankfully). Last thing I need to make me hate this game more is to play with a all lvl 1 teammates against an opposing team of all prestige (glad to know EA's matchmaking system is still as broken as ever).

Also love seeing LVL 1 players rocking the Two-Way Forward profile on Defense... That's an instant back out for me. :/
  • fastguy2124
    68 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    As long as EA is making money through HUT and they update one game mode every year or two they see the game as a success. The bugs that get brought up to them don’t get fixed and build year after year. I know last year I brought up like 20 bugs/glitches or bad ai programming or even plays that never happen in the game of hockey but every single thing I complained about is still there. Especially the stupid ai skating into the boards when the lose puck is there and falling. Why do they skate directly into the boards? Come in along the boards and pick the puck up. Stuff like that proves to me EA isn’t trying because you don’t even have to think about stuff like that. Just watch a game of hockey the never make themselves stumble on the boards picking the puck up.