EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details January 30th

Check out our January 30th patch details here.

One Clip That Very Nearly Summarizes The Entire Game

GustlKopitar
14 posts Member
edited November 2019
I've got zillions of these clips.
http://imgur.com/a/5H5X36i
If a pass comes within 7 feet of a defender, it's getting picked. It doesn't matter which way they're facing or which direction they're moving, it's intercepted. And with the skating the way it is, everyone is within "range" to pick a pass within a half a second.

Replies

• When you back is turned to the puck you shouldn’t be able to pick it off. Why do players have eyes on the back of their heads. EA didn’t even test this game. I’d gladly test it for them if it means that garbage nhl games didn’t get released every year.
  • When you back is turned to the puck you shouldn’t be able to pick it off. Why do players have eyes on the back of their heads. EA didn’t even test this game. I’d gladly test it for them if it means that garbage nhl games didn’t get released every year.

I doubt they didn't test it and see this for themselves. Rather, it appears much more like "Well, it's release date. No choice, ship it out as is."

These new puck pick-up animations are most likely the cause of all these ridiculous interceptions. Seems logical and would explain why it isn't fixed, that is, if ever it does get fixed on this generation of consoles. Maybe we need to buy the NHL 21 patch for a fix. Seems the pattern ever since 15 on this console.

I doubt they didn't test it and see this for themselves. Rather, it appears much more like "Well, it's release date. No choice, ship it out as is."

These new puck pick-up animations are most likely the cause of all these ridiculous interceptions. Seems logical and would explain why it isn't fixed, that is, if ever it does get fixed on this generation of consoles. Maybe we need to buy the NHL 21 patch for a fix. Seems the pattern ever since 15 on this console.

I know it’s awful. This whole generation has been a waste. So much potential but I think the game, especially all the features that don’t exist and lacklustre effort in the game modes feels even more previous gen than the games on old gen felt. Obviously the game play is way smoother and there are a few things you can do that resemble real hockey plays faintly but every single game on ps4 has been worse than NHL 14 by a long shot. Such a waste. I hope they can figure it out next gen but even then they’ve lost me as a very loyal customer.
  • The funny thing is this is one tuning away from being fixed. Literally minutes of time needed to fix it. Just tune puck interceptions down to 0-2 (I prefer 1 the most) out of 100. This year you literally have to set it down to near non existent to get realistic interceptions.

Also to OP's post, the gif only would have been a better summary of the game is if the defender couldn't pick the puck up and the forward got it back off of a loose puck broken animation and wristed it past the goalie top shelf.