EA Forums - Banner

Hands down the worst NHL game to date

I'll start this off by saying I have played every NHL game since 2003. The last couple of games have felt copied and pasted, and that's okay because it doesn't make sense to completely rebuild the game every year, but for EA to actually improvements to the game would be wonderful. You take the previous game, update the graphics, change the cover and boom, the new NHL game. You start playing the game and it's as if there was no testing done at all. Let's take for instance the all-new Squad Battles. It seems like a pretty good idea but after a couple of weeks, a pattern emerges. The top 100 differ in maybe at most 1000 points from 1 to 100. Then from elite 3 to elite 1 differs in about 30000 points. You wonder how that's possible and it turns out there's multiple exploits to turn the superstar CPUs into absolute trash. If you like the idea of each game being a new experience and not the same old repetitive 20-0 win, you try to play squad battles on superstar and they make your team look like a peewee practice squad. It may have been the fact that the superstar CPU intercepted every pass you made, or a maybe it was the fact that they literally scored every shot they took and you couldn't avoid THE DOUBLE GG!!!! It could have also been the fact that the CPU makes your D-men look like pylons and one pass confuses your goalie so much he slides into the corner. It was most likely the fact that no matter what you did to try to regain control of the puck, whether it be a poke check, body check, intercept a pass, or stick lift, the puck magically went to another CPU just for it to happen again and again until the puck is in your net. Flip to the other side of the rink, and every poke check against you stays on the defender's stick, or they stick lift you 500 times in 4 seconds to gain control. Maybe they shoved you in the back 15 times, freezing you completely because a simple shove in the back does in fact shut down top players so much so that they can't skate away or pass. Occasionally you win, but most likely not. Besides all the obvious problems that literally playing one game can show, the best part and my favorite is the overall of cards meaning nothing. I currently have a 92 OVR goalie, his save percentage is a whopping .653! I have many 87-89 with 99 speed and acceleration, but they can't burn pass an OVR 78 D-man for whatever reason. I have officially given NHL17 Version 4.0 its last try. God forbid EA fixes an issue.

Replies

• [quote="sannes9;d-252873"]I'll start this off by saying I have played every NHL game since 2003. The last couple of games have felt copied and pasted, and that's okay because it doesn't make sense to completely rebuild the game every year, but for EA to actually improvements to the game would be wonderful. You take the previous game, update the graphics, change the cover and boom, the new NHL game. You start playing the game and it's as if there was no testing done at all. Let's take for instance the all-new Squad Battles. It seems like a pretty good idea but after a couple of weeks, a pattern emerges. The top 100 differ in maybe at most 1000 points from 1 to 100. Then from elite 3 to elite 1 differs in about 30000 points. You wonder how that's possible and it turns out there's multiple exploits to turn the superstar CPUs into absolute trash. If you like the idea of each game being a new experience and not the same old repetitive 20-0 win, you try to play squad battles on superstar and they make your team look like a peewee practice squad. It may have been the fact that the superstar CPU intercepted every pass you made, or a maybe it was the fact that they literally scored every shot they took and you couldn't avoid THE DOUBLE GG!!!! It could have also been the fact that the CPU makes your D-men look like pylons and one pass confuses your goalie so much he slides into the corner. It was most likely the fact that no matter what you did to try to regain control of the puck, whether it be a poke check, body check, intercept a pass, or stick lift, the puck magically went to another CPU just for it to happen again and again until the puck is in your net. Flip to the other side of the rink, and every poke check against you stays on the defender's stick, or they stick lift you 500 times in 4 seconds to gain control. Maybe they shoved you in the back 15 times, freezing you completely because a simple shove in the back does in fact shut down top players so much so that they can't skate away or pass. Occasionally you win, but most likely not. Besides all the obvious problems that literally playing one game can show, the best part and my favorite is the overall of cards meaning nothing. I currently have a 92 OVR goalie, his save percentage is a whopping .653! I have many 87-89 with 99 speed and acceleration, but they can't burn pass an OVR 78 D-man for whatever reason. I have officially given NHL17 Version 4.0 its last try. God forbid EA fixes an issue.[/quote]

See if you can change your setting vs the computer from competitive to simulation and try again