EA Forums - Banner

Squad Battles - 16 games on weekends

In order to maximize rewards we have to play 8 games on each of Saturday and Sunday. This is way too much considering each game takes 30 minutes each, at least.
This seems to benefit the streamers who are playing the game 8 hours a day.
This just seems like another way in which EA NHL is out of touch with the community as a whole.

Replies

• You can look at it like that of course, or you can look at it and say that if you want to get the top rewards you have to put the effort in. I can't beat the AI on Superstar so I'll never get the top rewards but grinding few games against All Star and then dropping down to Pro if I can't beat the 90 overall team on All Star means I get packs every week and thousands of coins which allows me to upgrade my team.

The best I've placed in CS is about 1500 - a few packs nothing more - and in HUT Champs finding 20 games online in Europe on Xbox is hard enough so I've never managed to play a full round of 20 HUT Champs games in a weekend - 16 offline games is easy in comparison to that.

Would like like it be less of a grind - sure! But until I get into Division 1 Rivals or start to pull out 15-5 HUT Champs seasons (after grinding the Rivals games to get my 2000 entry points of course) Squad Battles is a great way to refresh your team every few weeks.
  • Reminds me of that South Park episode about World of Warcraft.
    The one, with absolutely no life.
    Skewing those games wile having a family, plus playing the min games online to have decent rewards, you can't do much else in your life if you want to get the best rewards.
    EA should think about those who are not playing video games as a living.
  • Of course, 16 games week end and 20 games champ... I don’t know if people can manage that, but I can barely finish champ season, and it’s full of dude circling around and doing nothing else than that!
  • 4gag40vhs0sz.jpg

This is my favorite part.. not getting max points after that 20-30 min
  • There's a point where the grinding just stops being worth it. I'm at Elite 2 now, and to get to Elite 1 is going to take another 8,267 points. Tired of grinding.
    After Elite 1, it'll be around 33,000 points to the next level. No thanks. My experience is that the cards will all suck. The only good thing is that I can turn them into a 50 golds for an Icon or Gold collectible.
  • RidgviewRainbow
    100 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Do you lose Squad Battle points if you don't play each day? I posted the other day about not bothering trying to get Elite 1; I was at Elite 2.
    Just checked an hour or so ago and I was at Elite 3. This is crap. I played another game that took me back to Elite 2.
  • And since I've posted this, I'm back down to Elite 3.
  • You don't lose points for not playing, but others are who are playing are gaining points and passing you by.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4769 posts EA Community Manager
    MikeyAU630 wrote: »
    You don't lose points for not playing, but others are who are playing are gaining points and passing you by.

^ This is the answer.
  • I’d like to see 4 things for Squad Battles

1) Make the games 4 or 5 minute periods. Simply put they’re too long at the moment. I just don’t want to play a 30 minute game against the CPU, especially after I have a big lead.

2). Let us play our games at our own pace. FIFA does it. If I want, I could play 40 games straight on there, but on NHL I’m given 4 games every 24 hours on week days. Just make them all available at the beginning and give us our reroll of the games like FIFA

3) allow me to select what jersey either I want to wear or my opponent will wear. It gets boring enough already, at least let me dress it up a tad with a cosmetic fix.

4). More than the current 4 levels of play. I think FIFA has around 7? More levels of play can provide more challenges for everyone.
  • 5) Would be cool if we could play them outside too. If you could add an option to play kind of a Winter Classic. Switching rink and Jerseys would be cool.
  • 5) Would be cool if we could play them outside too. If you could add an option to play kind of a Winter Classic. Switching rink and Jerseys would be cool.

To each their own but I remember how much a havoc the shadows were from the sun when they had it in the past so I’d prefer to not deal with that headache again.

To each their own but I remember how much a havoc the shadows were from the sun when they had it in the past so I’d prefer to not deal with that headache again.

Maybe I explained it poorly, I was thinking about an option that you can choose to activate or not. I know that many people don’t want the shadows. I personally would love it. Anything that would change it from being always away and inside the same arenas. Just to make it different once in a while.
  • Even if there was some kind of mercy rule, like in youth hockey tournaments for instance, if a team is up by 6, it goes to run time..
  • I would like to see (and I know the top 150-200 players will disagree) the rewards for squad battles be revamped so that after placing in the top 100 once there really no need to do it again and again. offering a simple subset of high end cards for top finishers (a 94 overall for 1st, a 92 for 2-10... etc and so on) and phasing out packs as reward would allow top players to have a 'trophy' of sorts while at the same time giving back to them countless hours of their lives. Make the cards unique to the rewarda (not available in pa ks or aeta) and untradeable) with at least 2 end-game stats right off the bat (stick ;)), even at week 1. Simply stated the #1 finisher of week one received nothing he/she is still using today. Having to invest 40 hours a week just earn cards I won't be using in a month because of other release is absurd. I finished in elite 1 more oft than not, I have an absolutely stacked team and even I think this is exploitative.