EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update December 5th

Replies

  • NHLDev
    1680 posts EA NHL Developer
    edited January 2020
    RSall14 wrote: »
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    I've mentioned this before, but I believe pass interceptions are tied to pass receptions. Which is probably the reason it hasn't changed or been worked on. Zooming a pass up the ice for a clean grab by your teammate is the same as zooming a pass to someone on the other team. Making it more deflection and not clean intercept would screw up pass receptions to your teammates as well.

    My exact thoughts as well. I see no other logical explanation and it probably explains how it is very complicated to fix and why we haven't seen a fix yet.

    It's also tied to passing power. Ever wonder why a charged pass comes off weak? It's because they tied it to the animation of the receiving player in relation to how far they are from you. The game auto adjusts passing power just so the receiving player gets a "good" animation. It's a terrible decision and yet again puts in another automation we don't need. If people don't know when to zip a pass or one touch, let them learn through trial and error, don't hold their hand.

    This isn't true. The game back in the day used to adjust power and accuracy with pass assist but personally I am against this. The power you request is the power you get minus any error or ability depletion based on player attributes and angle you are passing to. With this years new system we also give you more control over the receiver than we did in the past so that you can change your skating into receiving the puck.

    What was previously discussed though regarding the offensive and defensive pickups is true. One of the biggest complaints in prior years was inconsistency in pickups. I explained then that much of it was for realistic reaction time and good for the game but the overall perception in the community persisted -- so when we updated the reception model to allow changes in velocity (accel and decel) in pickups as well as the ability to keep skating through pickups where it is physically possible, we also improved the overall consistency and reliability of pickups, adding more coverage and ability. In the end, this has made all the pickups stronger to the point where players do understand now where overly fast reaction time and ability isn't necessarily the best spot for game balance but it is a place we needed to go to first before tuning back for game balance and realism.

    We are currently looking at the most extreme fast reaction cases as well as some of the behind the back one hand pickups that were able to scale too fast for both offense and defense. We can never guarantee changes until they are live in the game but that is some of the reason behind what you are feeling relative to previous years and how we see things as well.

    As a side note, we also turned off some of the auto pass deflections this year as players in the community were not liking how it stopped their player from skating and felt that manual actions poking or using dss to get those pucks was better for skill anyways. In the future, we would like to get those back in and layered on top of skating working like the pickups and bring them back with a more fully balanced system for pickup ability and when you can get a piece of the puck vs keep control based on the actual body/stick posture, reaction time, puck relative velocity, etc. Some of these things we have tuners for already obviously but as always want to take each system to a next level and we are at stage one again with the new pickup system that is a great foundation to build on.
    Post edited by NHLDev on
  • NHLDev
    1680 posts EA NHL Developer
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    They are "comfortable" where the game is at, I'm sure.

    "The game is in a good place gameplay wise" I believe is the term they're using.

    I believe comments around this vibe were made when people wanted gameplay tuning and patches early on and we wanted to wait longer than in previous years before making changes due to how often people speculate that the tuners make the game worse when there are many other variables at play -- players adapting to the game, moving up the leaderboards and facing tougher competition, variant connection quality, etc.

    As expected, we still got speculation about the game changing for the worse without making tuner changes around that one month mark which was interesting.

    And since then, we have fixed things in patches and tuned the game in those same updates to improve things. We haven't changed everything that has been asked for but we also aren't planning to design and tune the game by committee. We do however listen to everything that is being said and weigh it all into decisions we make and what we work on next.

    At a high level, you may think that everyone wants changes and that you all agree but the twitter feeds I get from groups of LG players are asking for the exact opposite things than you personally would.

    They want the game to be faster, to increase deking ability for all builds, to get rid of incidental stick/body puck loss, to lower the ability to get shoved off the puck, remove bat downs interceptions, etc.. Where as I know you and others on this board are thinking the game still overly favors offense and is why ourselves have been careful about how much we would look at pass receptions/interceptions as overall we like players to have to move the puck but consider pass lanes and use manual saucer passes more, etc. But I do not like the overly fast interceptions from players that at a couple feet from the passer or the quick one hand receptions behind the back so we will want to be pretty surgical about anything there to specific pieces and would rather keep interceptions stronger than weaker and have offensive teams learn to work better as a team and work for goals.
  • NHLDev wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    They are "comfortable" where the game is at, I'm sure.

    "The game is in a good place gameplay wise" I believe is the term they're using.

    I believe comments around this vibe were made when people wanted gameplay tuning and patches early on and we wanted to wait longer than in previous years before making changes due to how often people speculate that the tuners make the game worse when there are many other variables at play -- players adapting to the game, moving up the leaderboards and facing tougher competition, variant connection quality, etc.

    But the underlying problems with the game have nothing to do with that. The game was never "in a good place" gameplay wise and that hasn't changed in all this time. It has nothing to do with facing tougher opponents as you rank up.
    As expected, we still got speculation about the game changing for the worse without making tuner changes around that one month mark which was interesting.

    I know. And I've had to correct people myself when they wrongfully complained that the latest patch has messed things up again not only in other forums but during some streams from top players. People believe you guys make changes every time they see the game is "Downloading recent tuner settings" when the game is loading. LOL!
    And since then, we have fixed things in patches and tuned the game in those same updates to improve things. We haven't changed everything that has been asked for but we also aren't planning to design and tune the game by committee. We do however listen to everything that is being said and weigh it all into decisions we make and what we work on next.

    Still waiting on those goalie fixes...
    At a high level, you may think that everyone wants changes and that you all agree but the twitter feeds I get from groups of LG players are asking for the exact opposite things than you personally would.

    I'd rather not get into a discussion about LG, but if you want to know, last summer after the final NHL 19 season ended and right around the time the BETA dropped, I had suggested that not only was the game way too easy offensively, but that none of the proposed "changes" to the game were gonna do much to allow things like proper defense or better goaltending. I was summarily shot down and accused of wanting a game that someone without any skill would win. My retort and final post on that site was that if that was REALLY what I was after, then why would I want to make the game more difficult for myself? I had proposed severely punishing random poke checking, hitting and stick lifting while chasing the puck. I had proposed making goaltending more manual by making RS saves directional and making goaltending more about being in the correct position (angles, depth, vision) than about staying in the middle of the net with a huge build. Does that sound like someone who "just wants an easy mode" game?

    The people in LG, the ones that you say are "asking you" guys for stuff? Those are the people that are ruining this game. THOSE are the people who want an "easy mode" game where wiggling with the Left Stick, while holding LT is a "skill", but actually knowing a little about hockey is not.
    They want the game to be faster, to increase deking ability for all builds, to get rid of incidental stick/body puck loss, to lower the ability to get shoved off the puck, remove bat downs interceptions, etc..

    See? ;)
    Where as I know you and others on this board are thinking the game still overly favors offense and is why ourselves have been careful about how much we would look at pass receptions/interceptions as overall we like players to have to move the puck but consider pass lanes and use manual saucer passes more, etc.

    That's one thing I don't get; the game has a "manual" pass sauce function with RB, but too many times passes get auto-sauced. So what's the point of having two buttons with the same function? To me it kinda cheapens the whole point about being skilled if the game is gonna sauce the puck anyways weather I use RB or LT. If the passing lane is blocked and LT is used, game shouldn't auto-sauce and bail out the user for a bad play. And that's a consistent theme in this game; bad plays get rewarded too much.
    But I do not like the overly fast interceptions from players that at a couple feet from the passer or the quick one hand receptions behind the back so we will want to be pretty surgical about anything there to specific pieces and would rather keep interceptions stronger than weaker and have offensive teams learn to work better as a team and work for goals.

    To me, it's not the reaction time that bothers me so much, but the fact that it's a clean reception and the puck goes to a 100% control state on interception. Same thing for incidental contact. Too many times the puck goes into an immediate control state that is jarring to the player. Especially from AI players who are behind you but somehow ended up sucking up the puck almost instantly with barely any contact.

    The only other aspect I would dearly like to see fixed is the AI positioning. It runs around way too much. Even set on Stay Back and Contain Puck or Protect Lead, the AI will give chase to the puck handler regardless of the user's positioning or intentions. Sometimes I've had position and been shadowing the puck carrier without wanting to commit to a lunge or a hit (for fear of getting deked) only to see an AI teammate skate right towards the puck creating a whole in my defense that I've been working HARD not to give up. Or I'll have control of the wrong player on the wrong side and not want to have to risk switching to another wrong player, now there goes one or two AI players chasing the puck holder getting out of position, which is what the attacker wants and is the reason he's hogging the puck near the boards. On offense, I used to like setting up with a Triangle or Overload setup, but now the AI Winger abandons the corner to come up to the point when I have it with the d-man. Or if I select a behind the net play, the farside winger or center who should be looking for a pass behind the net is instead in the other corner or in front of the net.

    I get that hockey is sometimes very free-flowing and organic, but the AI in this game aren't even that, they just run around a lot and create chaos! If my opponents are running around chasing the puck and getting out of position themselves, we'd need our AI to be in THEIR position more often than not to be successful. To me it looks like they're just doing random things, because they expect me to want to do what everyone else does which is to just dance around with the puck without passing and get to the net or just shoot it.
  • RSall14
    612 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    NHLDev wrote: »
    RSall14 wrote: »
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    I've mentioned this before, but I believe pass interceptions are tied to pass receptions. Which is probably the reason it hasn't changed or been worked on. Zooming a pass up the ice for a clean grab by your teammate is the same as zooming a pass to someone on the other team. Making it more deflection and not clean intercept would screw up pass receptions to your teammates as well.

    My exact thoughts as well. I see no other logical explanation and it probably explains how it is very complicated to fix and why we haven't seen a fix yet.

    It's also tied to passing power. Ever wonder why a charged pass comes off weak? It's because they tied it to the animation of the receiving player in relation to how far they are from you. The game auto adjusts passing power just so the receiving player gets a "good" animation. It's a terrible decision and yet again puts in another automation we don't need. If people don't know when to zip a pass or one touch, let them learn through trial and error, don't hold their hand.

    This isn't true. The game back in the day used to adjust power and accuracy with pass assist but personally I am against this. The power you request is the power you get minus any error or ability depletion based on player attributes and angle you are passing to. With this years new system we also give you more control over the receiver than we did in the past so that you can change your skating into receiving the puck.

    What was previously discussed though regarding the offensive and defensive pickups is true. One of the biggest complaints in prior years was inconsistency in pickups. I explained then that much of it was for realistic reaction time and good for the game but the overall perception in the community persisted -- so when we updated the reception model to allow changes in velocity (accel and decel) in pickups as well as the ability to keep skating through pickups where it is physically possible, we also improved the overall consistency and reliability of pickups, adding more coverage and ability. In the end, this has made all the pickups stronger to the point where players do understand now where overly fast reaction time and ability isn't necessarily the best spot for game balance but it is a place we needed to go to first before tuning back for game balance and realism.

    We are currently looking at the most extreme fast reaction cases as well as some of the behind the back one hand pickups that were able to scale too fast for both offense and defense. We can never guarantee changes until they are live in the game but that is some of the reason behind what you are feeling relative to previous years and how we see things as well.

    As a side note, we also turned off some of the auto pass deflections this year as players in the community were not liking how it stopped their player from skating and felt that manual actions poking or using dss to get those pucks was better for skill anyways. In the future, we would like to get those back in and layered on top of skating working like the pickups and bring them back with a more fully balanced system for pickup ability and when you can get a piece of the puck vs keep control based on the actual body/stick posture, reaction time, puck relative velocity, etc. Some of these things we have tuners for already obviously but as always want to take each system to a next level and we are at stage one again with the new pickup system that is a great foundation to build on.

    If that's the case then is it a bug? I can one touch a pass to someone in front of me and someone up the boards and the power behind it varies. I'm not doing anything different that would make the pass stronger, just clicking R2. There's been plenty of times I one touch it up the boards and it comes off a lot faster and stronger than a one touch should. If the guys right in front of me the same pass comes off slower and weaker. This also happens with regular charged passes, saucer passes being manual do not have this problem.

    EDIT: This is specific to this years game, this wasn't a problem in previous titles.
  • NHLDev
    1680 posts EA NHL Developer
    RSall14 wrote: »
    If that's the case then is it a bug? I can one touch a pass to someone in front of me and someone up the boards and the power behind it varies. I'm not doing anything different that would make the pass stronger, just clicking R2. There's been plenty of times I one touch it up the boards and it comes off a lot faster and stronger than a one touch should. If the guys right in front of me the same pass comes off slower and weaker. This also happens with regular charged passes, saucer passes being manual do not have this problem.

    EDIT: This is specific to this years game, this wasn't a problem in previous titles.
    Interesting. It isn't intended so could be a bug. It is possible on a one touch pass that a harder pass is seen as pre-charged so that may just be by design when it is harder depending on if you press pass a little longer before releasing for the one touch. I have seen cases where even when possibly not intended a button queue will lead to a harder pre-charged pass as well but we have fixed those issues in the past when they have come up.

    Do you have videos of the slow pass cases? Is it possible it is just a worst case error/power reduction being applied based on angle requested relative to your player, ratings, and the one touch pass that is causing it?
  • RSall14 wrote: »
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    I've mentioned this before, but I believe pass interceptions are tied to pass receptions. Which is probably the reason it hasn't changed or been worked on. Zooming a pass up the ice for a clean grab by your teammate is the same as zooming a pass to someone on the other team. Making it more deflection and not clean intercept would screw up pass receptions to your teammates as well.

    My exact thoughts as well. I see no other logical explanation and it probably explains how it is very complicated to fix and why we haven't seen a fix yet.

    It's also tied to passing power. Ever wonder why a charged pass comes off weak? It's because they tied it to the animation of the receiving player in relation to how far they are from you. The game auto adjusts passing power just so the receiving player gets a "good" animation. It's a terrible decision and yet again puts in another automation we don't need. If people don't know when to zip a pass or one touch, let them learn through trial and error, don't hold their hand.

    If that's the case then that's absolutely awful.
  • NHLDev wrote: »
    RSall14 wrote: »
    If that's the case then is it a bug? I can one touch a pass to someone in front of me and someone up the boards and the power behind it varies. I'm not doing anything different that would make the pass stronger, just clicking R2. There's been plenty of times I one touch it up the boards and it comes off a lot faster and stronger than a one touch should. If the guys right in front of me the same pass comes off slower and weaker. This also happens with regular charged passes, saucer passes being manual do not have this problem.

    EDIT: This is specific to this years game, this wasn't a problem in previous titles.
    Interesting. It isn't intended so could be a bug. It is possible on a one touch pass that a harder pass is seen as pre-charged so that may just be by design when it is harder depending on if you press pass a little longer before releasing for the one touch. I have seen cases where even when possibly not intended a button queue will lead to a harder pre-charged pass as well but we have fixed those issues in the past when they have come up.

    Do you have videos of the slow pass cases? Is it possible it is just a worst case error/power reduction being applied based on angle requested relative to your player, ratings, and the one touch pass that is causing it?

    The video wouldn't give you anything. Also, there's plenty of cases of just tapping r2 and getting a lightning pass. How haven't you had this happen? Happens probably multiple times in a game. Same thing with holding it too long and getting nothing on a pass. One thing I have recognized is that a new controller does the slow passes on holds less, but the tapping r2 and still getting lightning passes is clearly still evident regardless of controllers.
  • RSall14
    612 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    NHLDev wrote: »
    RSall14 wrote: »
    If that's the case then is it a bug? I can one touch a pass to someone in front of me and someone up the boards and the power behind it varies. I'm not doing anything different that would make the pass stronger, just clicking R2. There's been plenty of times I one touch it up the boards and it comes off a lot faster and stronger than a one touch should. If the guys right in front of me the same pass comes off slower and weaker. This also happens with regular charged passes, saucer passes being manual do not have this problem.

    EDIT: This is specific to this years game, this wasn't a problem in previous titles.
    Interesting. It isn't intended so could be a bug. It is possible on a one touch pass that a harder pass is seen as pre-charged so that may just be by design when it is harder depending on if you press pass a little longer before releasing for the one touch. I have seen cases where even when possibly not intended a button queue will lead to a harder pre-charged pass as well but we have fixed those issues in the past when they have come up.

    Do you have videos of the slow pass cases? Is it possible it is just a worst case error/power reduction being applied based on angle requested relative to your player, ratings, and the one touch pass that is causing it?

    I didn't bother to take any videos, I only play 6s and use OFD.
  • TheMajjam
    794 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    NHLDev wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    They are "comfortable" where the game is at, I'm sure.

    "The game is in a good place gameplay wise" I believe is the term they're using.

    They want the game to be faster, to increase deking ability for all builds, to get rid of incidental stick/body puck loss, to lower the ability to get shoved off the puck, remove bat downs interceptions, etc..

    This is disgusting.
    Post edited by TheMajjam on
  • TheMajjam wrote: »
    NHLDev wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    They are "comfortable" where the game is at, I'm sure.

    "The game is in a good place gameplay wise" I believe is the term they're using.

    They want the game to be faster, to increase deking ability for all builds, to get rid of incidental stick/body puck loss, to lower the ability to get shoved off the puck, remove bat downs interceptions, etc..

    This is disgusting.

    But somehow, this is the direction its going. These people slowly get what they want
  • JoyToTheWorld14
    51 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Kmahrle83 wrote: »
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    NHLDev wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    They are "comfortable" where the game is at, I'm sure.

    "The game is in a good place gameplay wise" I believe is the term they're using.

    They want the game to be faster, to increase deking ability for all builds, to get rid of incidental stick/body puck loss, to lower the ability to get shoved off the puck, remove bat downs interceptions, etc..

    This is disgusting.

    But somehow, this is the direction its going. These people slowly get what they want

    Agreed. This patch (known as NHL 20) is the most offensive-coded version of the franchise to date.

    As a positional defensemen (hitting is not necessary most of the time), I can be body-on-body with a puck carrier from the blue line to the lower circle (keeping him to the outside), with my stick outstretched on the ice towards the goal line (to keep him from turning the corner on me), while the puck carrier holds the puck away from his body, hits LT into a spin (where I then trip the guy for a penalty), with absolutely no body/stick/puck collisions along the way, which is physically impossible. And LG players want MORE of this?! LOL

    It's as though no one at EA has ever heard of or watched Nicklas Lidström video footage, to see how the best positional (non-hitting) defensmen played during his career. Here, let me help: :)

  • NHLDev
    Add some news goalies gears (Vaught Pro V Elite and others ) would be verry nice in the next update add more color option to Bauer Vapor X2 !!! That's not so complicated why after 2 years it was not update again and again please address that thanks
  • It's January 13 I guess it's safe to say that all the garbage in this game isn't going to get fixed
  • It's January 13 I guess it's safe to say that all the garbage in this game isn't going to get fixed

    Yup..not being mean but are you new to the nhl series? Cuss this is the status quo. Hype game up with new features, release game in a state that should be embarrassing for them, ask for feedback for a patch...ignore 99 percent of feedback and release a patch that breaks things further while attempting to fix one thing. Community outcry is huge...EA claims they can't r3create bugs to fix them so we give video which alsogets ignored.

    The boards get in an uproar so someone from ea comes on and talks us down when in reality nothing is ever going to get fixed so they put in a little dog and pony show and make it look like they're gonna fix stuff until they abandon the game and move on to next year. This isn't new....its the norm from EA and its getting very old.
  • EA_Aljo
    3217 posts EA Community Manager
    Kmahrle83 wrote: »
    It's January 13 I guess it's safe to say that all the garbage in this game isn't going to get fixed

    Yup..not being mean but are you new to the nhl series? Cuss this is the status quo. Hype game up with new features, release game in a state that should be embarrassing for them, ask for feedback for a patch...ignore 99 percent of feedback and release a patch that breaks things further while attempting to fix one thing. Community outcry is huge...EA claims they can't r3create bugs to fix them so we give video which alsogets ignored.

    The boards get in an uproar so someone from ea comes on and talks us down when in reality nothing is ever going to get fixed so they put in a little dog and pony show and make it look like they're gonna fix stuff until they abandon the game and move on to next year. This isn't new....its the norm from EA and its getting very old.

    There are updates every year. Normally 3 or 4 patches. We're not ignoring 99% of the feedback here. Many issues the community brings up are addressed. If something isn't, it means there are other issues taking a higher priority that will benefit the game and community more or it's a complicated fix that will do more harm than good so it needs to wait for a future game. What exactly would you like to see fixed that you think we've been ignoring?
  • Kmahrle83
    367 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Kmahrle83 wrote: »
    It's January 13 I guess it's safe to say that all the garbage in this game isn't going to get fixed

    Yup..not being mean but are you new to the nhl series? Cuss this is the status quo. Hype game up with new features, release game in a state that should be embarrassing for them, ask for feedback for a patch...ignore 99 percent of feedback and release a patch that breaks things further while attempting to fix one thing. Community outcry is huge...EA claims they can't r3create bugs to fix them so we give video which alsogets ignored.

    The boards get in an uproar so someone from ea comes on and talks us down when in reality nothing is ever going to get fixed so they put in a little dog and pony show and make it look like they're gonna fix stuff until they abandon the game and move on to next year. This isn't new....its the norm from EA and its getting very old.

    There are updates every year. Normally 3 or 4 patches. We're not ignoring 99% of the feedback here. Many issues the community brings up are addressed. If something isn't, it means there are other issues taking a higher priority that will benefit the game and community more or it's a complicated fix that will do more harm than good so it needs to wait for a future game. What exactly would you like to see fixed that you think we've been ignoring?

    Well here's one for start...2 years ago i had a conversation with eadev about putting icons over a player head when its about to make a line change so we don't pass to him and he said he'd pass it along. Still not taken care of, and this is am issue that's been talked about for a very long time. That's just for starters. Once i get my sick little guy to take a nap ill go further in depth.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Kmahrle83 wrote: »
    It's January 13 I guess it's safe to say that all the garbage in this game isn't going to get fixed

    Yup..not being mean but are you new to the nhl series? Cuss this is the status quo. Hype game up with new features, release game in a state that should be embarrassing for them, ask for feedback for a patch...ignore 99 percent of feedback and release a patch that breaks things further while attempting to fix one thing. Community outcry is huge...EA claims they can't r3create bugs to fix them so we give video which alsogets ignored.

    The boards get in an uproar so someone from ea comes on and talks us down when in reality nothing is ever going to get fixed so they put in a little dog and pony show and make it look like they're gonna fix stuff until they abandon the game and move on to next year. This isn't new....its the norm from EA and its getting very old.

    There are updates every year. Normally 3 or 4 patches. We're not ignoring 99% of the feedback here. Many issues the community brings up are addressed. If something isn't, it means there are other issues taking a higher priority that will benefit the game and community more or it's a complicated fix that will do more harm than good so it needs to wait for a future game. What exactly would you like to see fixed that you think we've been ignoring?

    AI in a million ways, goaltending, canal shadows, LT spam and glitch goals?
  • jrago73 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Kmahrle83 wrote: »
    It's January 13 I guess it's safe to say that all the garbage in this game isn't going to get fixed

    Yup..not being mean but are you new to the nhl series? Cuss this is the status quo. Hype game up with new features, release game in a state that should be embarrassing for them, ask for feedback for a patch...ignore 99 percent of feedback and release a patch that breaks things further while attempting to fix one thing. Community outcry is huge...EA claims they can't r3create bugs to fix them so we give video which alsogets ignored.

    The boards get in an uproar so someone from ea comes on and talks us down when in reality nothing is ever going to get fixed so they put in a little dog and pony show and make it look like they're gonna fix stuff until they abandon the game and move on to next year. This isn't new....its the norm from EA and its getting very old.

    There are updates every year. Normally 3 or 4 patches. We're not ignoring 99% of the feedback here. Many issues the community brings up are addressed. If something isn't, it means there are other issues taking a higher priority that will benefit the game and community more or it's a complicated fix that will do more harm than good so it needs to wait for a future game. What exactly would you like to see fixed that you think we've been ignoring?

    AI in a million ways, goaltending, canal shadows, LT spam and glitch goals?

    Just to add to this: The AI has been atrocious (and getting worse) steadily every year. Goaltending has been a mess since NHL 16, got a bit better in 18, then nerfed again in 19 and destroyed in 20. LT abuse has been a real problem since NHL 19. And glitch goals will always be a thing. There will always be a gimme goals. The real problem is the "EA Goals", the ones where someone just takes a clear, open shot from anywhere and the goalie allows it to go in? If this was basketball, maybe it'd pass, and even then, contested shots don't always go in in the NBA.

    All these things have been discussed on these very forums for YEARS now and they're still in mostly the same spot they've always been.

    This year we've added the outdoor rinks shadows/lighting fiasco. How many years are we going to be discussing about this? How many people want to put down bets that it NEVER gets fixed or even looked at. At worse, what IS going to happen is that the devs will just remove the feature in a future game altogether and call it a "fix". Just like with the Human goalie being able to switch to a skater if he went to the bench. That was removed as a "fix" and never bothered with again.

    Does the game "never" get fixes and updates? Of course it does! But it seems that for every ONE thing that gets "fixed", two things are ignored and something always goes wrong somewhere along the line that makes the game worse.
  • Kmahrle83 wrote: »
    It's January 13 I guess it's safe to say that all the garbage in this game isn't going to get fixed

    Yup..not being mean but are you new to the nhl series? Cuss this is the status quo. Hype game up with new features, release game in a state that should be embarrassing for them, ask for feedback for a patch...ignore 99 percent of feedback and release a patch that breaks things further while attempting to fix one thing. Community outcry is huge...EA claims they can't r3create bugs to fix them so we give video which alsogets ignored.

    The boards get in an uproar so someone from ea comes on and talks us down when in reality nothing is ever going to get fixed so they put in a little dog and pony show and make it look like they're gonna fix stuff until they abandon the game and move on to next year. This isn't new....its the norm from EA and its getting very old.

    Lol no my brother not new ,and yes your right it's the same thing year after year .. wait not last year , last year they made changes after changes when there was really no need to ,but because the elite players were unhappy they made tons of changes..goes to show who really EA wants to please ...
  • EA_Aljo
    3217 posts EA Community Manager
    Kmahrle83 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Kmahrle83 wrote: »
    It's January 13 I guess it's safe to say that all the garbage in this game isn't going to get fixed

    Yup..not being mean but are you new to the nhl series? Cuss this is the status quo. Hype game up with new features, release game in a state that should be embarrassing for them, ask for feedback for a patch...ignore 99 percent of feedback and release a patch that breaks things further while attempting to fix one thing. Community outcry is huge...EA claims they can't r3create bugs to fix them so we give video which alsogets ignored.

    The boards get in an uproar so someone from ea comes on and talks us down when in reality nothing is ever going to get fixed so they put in a little dog and pony show and make it look like they're gonna fix stuff until they abandon the game and move on to next year. This isn't new....its the norm from EA and its getting very old.

    There are updates every year. Normally 3 or 4 patches. We're not ignoring 99% of the feedback here. Many issues the community brings up are addressed. If something isn't, it means there are other issues taking a higher priority that will benefit the game and community more or it's a complicated fix that will do more harm than good so it needs to wait for a future game. What exactly would you like to see fixed that you think we've been ignoring?

    Well here's one for start...2 years ago i had a conversation with eadev about putting icons over a player head when its about to make a line change so we don't pass to him and he said he'd pass it along. Still not taken care of, and this is am issue that's been talked about for a very long time. That's just for starters. Once i get my sick little guy to take a nap ill go further in depth.

    When you make suggestions, it's not a guarantee it's going to end up in the game. I know this has been discussed, but when it comes down to what gets added, that's normally based on what will benefit the community more as well as the dev team's own vision for the game. What you're suggesting would be awesome to add. I know personally I'd really like to have it. However, it would probably be a lower priority while other issues were handled first. It's not that you're being ignored. That would mean we saw what you said and didn't even consider it. That's not the case. Feedback is incredibly valuable, but not all of it will get acted on.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.