EA Forums - Banner

Top 100 tier squad battles

Prev1
Tonysl79
588 posts Member
edited January 2020
Since sb has started I always just seemed to miss out on top 100 usually by like 1000 points or so. I became somewhat lazy and complacent and was satisfied with elite one.
But the last few weeks I’ve decided to not be lazy and complacent and really tried to reach top 100 and still fall just short.
I was wondering if the prizes for top 100 are even worth the effort since the best card I’ve pulled from elite one was a base 86 McKinnon in over four months of playing.

Replies

• You have better odds with the packs from the top 100, but receive less gold cards in total. So if you are trying to get as much gold players as possible, it is better to just finish Elite 1. From what I’ve seen, the odds are not that much better though, so the chances to pull something good are still low and IMO, not really worth all the time spent.
  • You gotta get max points in most of your games to hit top 50 to 100
  • EA_Blueberry
    4836 posts EA Community Manager
    @Tonysl79

What usually happens in those games where you can't get max points? Maybe some others have advice here that could help you get those extra few wins.
  • There needs to be less games per week. The difference between Elite 1 and Top 100 is the biggest gap out of all.
  • @Tonysl79

What usually happens in those games where you can't get max points? Maybe some others have advice here that could help you get those extra few wins.

Playing on Superstar, sometimes the ai just goes full tilt and does what it wants no matter how perfect you play. Those games, a quit and restart usually makes the rematch more manageable. Not always though.

The 4 I played today, one team was a 90, only won 5-4. Replayed the match and won 8-4. Not quite max points, but not bad enough I won't hit top 20 to 50 by next week.

Usually the games aren't too bad on Superstar, but every once in a while, there is literally nothing you can do to change the outcome.
  • EA_Blueberry
    There needs to be less games per week. The difference between Elite 1 and Top 100 is the biggest gap out of all.

How many do you suggest and does anyone else feel this way?
  • There needs to be less games per week. The difference between Elite 1 and Top 100 is the biggest gap out of all.

I agree with him. Maybe like 2-3 games per refresh instead of 4. I work over 70 hours per week and can still manage 2-3 games per day, but over that it starts to be quite a lot. Or keep the same amount on the weekend and reduce it during the week (like 8 on the weekend and then 2 each day during the rest of the week). I don’t know, if it still too much though...

Personally, I don't feel it's too many.

That said, from what I understand, fifa let's you complete the weekly games without having to wait for a refresh. If nhl did this, then you could get more done on days with more time, instead of having to wait.
  • I kinda agree with @Z0mbieBabyJesus. The weekend dealine is what kills me. My kids are in organized sports and my weekends are jam packed with activities and family time. If we had a bit more flexibility to play the number of games required in a week, I feel like it wouldn’t be as bad. Its much easier for me to play more games on weekdays but again, thats just me
  • EA_Blueberry
    @Z0mbieBabyJesus @Hikes83

I feel that. With work and family obligations it can be tough to squeeze in all those games. We'll do what we can to pass up feedback like this. Everyone has different days off so I'm sure it would be nice to get a lot more games in on one day.
  • OprtnShtdwn
    146 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    The amount of games is fine. Not to sound rude but nobody says you have to play the full allotment of games. The guys who play them deserve the top 100 packs. Just because you can’t play that many games doesn’t mean they should lower the amount of games. The reward isn’t meant for everyone.

I know I play to get to around 11 to 13k. Could I play more? Yeah but honestly playing the CPU kills me anymore. Just don’t have the patience.

Now I will say this game could take some valuable lessons on how FIFA does their Squad Battles. You could crush them straight through if you have the time.
  • We should be able to see how our team does against other teams in squad battles and get more points based on that. Right now Squad Battles just isn't that interesting.
  • We should be able to see how our team does against other teams in squad battles and get more points based on that. Right now Squad Battles just isn't that interesting.

I don't know about getting extra points for that, but I'd certainly be like to see how players did against my squad, just for curiousity sake.
  • What do you think about more levels vs the CPU? Right now we have 4. Using FIFA as an comparison, they have I know more, maybe 7?

Might space out the gaps more between the earnings
  • Jeff_frm_Edmonds
    808 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Squads are the best and I think there are only 2 changes needed. ETA: Please don't change the number of games available.

1) We should be able to play as the home team.
    2) Squads should be a 1 and done challenge with no replays.

It would be cool if there was something like Forza's drivatar and we'd earn some coin or points based on our team's play like @SameGAMEDiffYear posted.

I'm with @OprtnShtdwn and play 1 game a day, get into the Pro levels and get nice packs. I've tried to girind 4 on a weekend before and been Elite 3 but that takes aways from other games I like to play. Adding difficulty levels would be a game wide change and not sure if that's needed. Maybe allow the ability to set the period length but I'm not sure how to adjust the points on that.

I made it no secret last summer that Squad Battles was the only reason I bought 20. I think it is the best thing to happen to HUT and I'll keep buying as long as Squads is a part of the game.