EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

NHL 20 January 30th Patch Details

Replies

• Wow okay... Ea sucks again, no surprise.. better hopes for Nhl 22 right?
  • Farzuune wrote: »
    Wow okay... Ea sucks again, no surprise.. better hopes for Nhl 22 right?

Car to elaborate a little? Thanks.
  • Hopefully this is not another case of "goalie threat analysis" and more of a, "Wow they actually did what they said they did!" because I noticed zero difference from the pivoting from the last patch.

I'm just hoping those dudes can be clocked easier, or at least pushed off the puck easier. The most dangerous LT users just don't LT, but they string LT together with this impossible slice that changes their direction. Draws trips, hard to hit, and harder to keep in front of you if you're just trying to position yourself.
  • @WainGretSki what i mean is im one of many who thinks details are important in a game, and i would enjoy the game more if simple things like player likneness, face scans, apperances, graphics and bugs would be fixed, it was acceptable in Nhl 15, but i would like to think that in Nhl 20 they would have it figured out.
  • So the jerseys that were added....if I have my own roster, does that mean I can't use the new jerseys?? Why can't the jerseys just be added without having to download a roster?
  • TuLLe90
    1 posts New member
    SHL jersey 19/20?
  • Thanks EA for the patch....I do appreciate your efforts in order to improve the gameplay. I also like the the new True Hockey Helmet. However, I wished there were some new face scans too.
  • Now we just need to get easports developers to fix the 1timer shot 20 seconds after missing the puck, how the AI glitches around with the puck moving around like he's having a seizure when he has the puck while not being able to be touched, the poke check update does look good on paper, but let's all be serious here....the hooking animation needs to be taken out because when I press stick lift in a good position and my player hook animates instead of stick lift is absolutely pathetic.
  • Farzuune wrote: »
    @WainGretSki what i mean is im one of many who thinks details are important in a game, and i would enjoy the game more if simple things like player likneness, face scans, apperances, graphics and bugs would be fixed, it was acceptable in Nhl 15, but i would like to think that in Nhl 20 they would have it figured out.

Thanks for the reply, and I understand. It does suck for the fans like yourself. Lucky for me, I only play EASHL so all of this does not affect me. But yea, should be much more player likeness by now seeing how current gen is almost over.
  • NHLDev
    1668 posts EA NHL Developer
    Steven5470 wrote: »
    So the jerseys that were added....if I have my own roster, does that mean I can't use the new jerseys?? Why can't the jerseys just be added without having to download a roster?

They are assigned via database and I believe when you start a season, it is basically duplicating the database so that all roster moves, etc. are exclusive to your personal season.

I agree that it would be nice if the assignments of jerseys was done separate from that but that is how it is technically achieved at the moment.
  • Efbomb
    116 posts Member
    edited January 30
    NHLDev wrote: »
    So the jerseys that were added....if I have my own roster, does that mean I can't use the new jerseys?? Why can't the jerseys just be added without having to download a roster?

They are assigned via database and I believe when you start a season, it is basically duplicating the database so that all roster moves, etc. are exclusive to your personal season.

I agree that it would be nice if the assignments of jerseys was done separate from that but that is how it is technically achieved at the moment.

You CAN use the new jerseys even if you’ve started a season or franchise.

Just DL the new roster, leave it as “Active” and load up your existing season or franchise.

Your rosters remain intact, and you will have all the current jerseys.

• Efbomb wrote: »

Just DL the new roster, leave it as “Active” and load up your existing season or franchise.

But I'm using a "re-rated" roster. So if I download the roster, then use my own roster, I won't be able to use the jerseys. Defeats the point of editing your own rosters if you continuously have to use EA's.
  • NHLDev wrote: »

Give us better possibility's to create our own jerseys and to add them to all NHL Teams. This game is so weak of new graphic equipment, like Jerseys, Player and Goalie equipment, new likenesses..... If it’s only about money ? than some patches to download from the gameplay store are welcome. I guess many are willing to pay for this.
  • @NHLDev When are you going to answer the questions about the NHLPA rookie showcase scans? I was on another thread and read about it, like what are you doing whit them? and why not put them in the game? @Froommey being a real Mvp bringing out the subject, give us the details we want!
  • Like many others i like the details, player likeness is one very high priority, it would make the game worth its money. Work on it to next year.
  • NHLDev
    1668 posts EA NHL Developer
    @NHLDev When are you going to answer the questions about the NHLPA rookie showcase scans? I was on another thread and read about it, like what are you doing whit them? and why not put them in the game? @Froommey being a real Mvp bringing out the subject, give us the details we want!

I am responsible for gameplay so don't have details on the head scanning event or the plans to add players into the game or not. I know that each year they capture the raw data for the heads at those events but that doesn't mean they can just be put into the game. Work has to be done by artists to then take those scans and get them game ready. A certain amount are prioritized and others are there for future consideration.
  • Even though it took six months the end of period/ end of game replays can be skipped, amen 🙏
  • JoyToTheWorld14
    46 posts Member
    edited January 30
    Just played a drop-in 6's game. The game plays a LOT better defensively now. Of course, the true test will be defending against an LG team (LT puck control madness), but so far so good.

EA,

I am pleasantly surprised things have changed from a support perspective over the past 10 years. This never would have happened for NHL '12, as back then, your forum moderation response to tons of people reporting on how bad the game play aspects were in multiplayer modes, was to ban their forum accounts. It was SO bad, I actually stopped buying the franchise from '13 through '18. Indeed, good riddance to [Removed - CM] LOL

While I still feel EA would be better off switching to a subscription model, with day-to-day DEV/QA support work on a long-term hockey mechanics engine, your server-side patch today is definitely a breath of fresh air.

Keep up the good work.

-JTTW

Just played 6's vs an LG squad. Still way too much puck control, but then this is by design as an effort to "appeal to a wide audience".

I DID observe more body/stick collisions (causing more loose pucks) playing sound positional defense against them. A definite improvement, but not enough in our 8-2 losing effort. Prior to today, it would have been a 15-2 loss.

Good overall server patch in the grand scheme of things. But it's still just way too arcadey for my taste. Brian Boitano has no business being in a hockey rink. :P

I look forward to a revised matchmaking engine next December...one that hopefully introduces a separate sim mode club ladder option (user selectable), and a custom slider mode with the ability to save presets for unranked club 6's (to accommodate league play).

Cheers.

-JTTW
  • Efbomb
    116 posts Member
    edited January 30
    Efbomb wrote: »

But I'm using a "re-rated" roster. So if I download the roster, then use my own roster, I won't be able to use the jerseys. Defeats the point of editing your own rosters if you continuously have to use EA's.

You don’t have to switch back to your “re-rated” roster before loading your on-going season or franchise.

If you have already started a season or franchise, the rosters you used when creating it will remain the same. They are a separate file. For some reason, the jerseys will change.

I cant explain why the jerseys change, I just know that they do.

Here’s what I do:

The first thing to do when starting the game, is to DL the latest EA roster.

Leave it as your active roster.

Back out.

Load your existing season or franchise.

When you do, all the new jerseys will be there and there will be no changes to any of the teams or players.

This work around is only for existing season and franchise modes. It will not work on “play now”

• > @RSall14 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > NHL 21

> @Venomblast500 said:
    > What about the issue in be a pro &/or franchise mode where it will show identical season/careers stats for both goalies in the pregame introduction?

No, that's correct now ! IT'S PATCHED ! The goalie stats are right in the pregame show !