EA Forums - Banner

PP vs PK in HUT

Replies

• I would like to know how a 90 overall muzzin or 93 chara can not only beat my fastest 99 overall skating players but actually catch them on breakaways. Has nothing to do with fatigue as it happens when they are full energy. I feel like quitting every one of these games as they are such a grind.
  • EA_Aljo
    3229 posts EA Community Manager
    BButt05 wrote: »
    I would like to know how a 90 overall muzzin or 93 chara can not only beat my fastest 99 overall skating players but actually catch them on breakaways. Has nothing to do with fatigue as it happens when they are full energy. I feel like quitting every one of these games as they are such a grind.

Can you get a video of this happening? We'll review it for any issues.
  • boumbidiboum
    446 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    BButt05 wrote: »
    I would like to know how a 90 overall muzzin or 93 chara can not only beat my fastest 99 overall skating players but actually catch them on breakaways. Has nothing to do with fatigue as it happens when they are full energy. I feel like quitting every one of these games as they are such a grind.

They pretty much have 99 speed also (with SP) and they don’t have the puck, that’s probably why. I know that some people disagree, but it seems like the height of the players also help regarding the speed. The taller they are, the more they go fast, but are harder to accelerate or turn quickly.
  • That’s true, with SP I guess pretty much every player now has 99 speed, just comes down to their build to determine agility or top speed
  • smokin666 wrote: »
    I have a simple question that I would like a developer to answer. Why did EA make PP a PK AND PK a PP. I’m up 4 goals with 4 minutes left and OP takes two consecutive penalties. One would think the game is in the bag, not quite that simple.
    I’m playing 5 on 3 and all of a sudden he scores 3 goals in 45 seconds.
    I managed to dominate 55 minutes of the game and was just ridiculous. I won by one goal but what none sense.

Probably because they have one less stupid ai to get in the way of their own teams shots lol.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    smokin666 wrote: »
    @smokin666

Did you record those goals? That can help us breakdown what happened.

Dude I’m too old to do complicated stuff lol.
    I shut off my dvr a while a go to limit delay to NHL games as of last season

My 86 year old grandpa told me there is no such thing as "old", just "older." ;)

If you're on Xbox One if you double-tap the middle Xbox button on your controller and press select, you'll be given some options to record clips in 30 seconds, 1 minute, 2 minutes, 3 minutes, 5 minutes. It uploads to your account online where you can share a link to us.

Thank you for educating, I appreciate it. As I said earlier I shut off my DVR because and only because of this game and it’s unplayable lag. I don’t make things up it was a true story.
    In all seriousness, subject I brought up plus Momentum engine in this game makes it unplayable. If you want proof, just read this forum. People have been complaining about this for a few years.
    Quick story example:
    This weekend I take 97 into rivals. 3 players with trash cards were skating loops around mine and etc...
    I switch to my trash overall team of 78.
    I had the guy quit on me when I went up 6-0 against his super squad.
    He wrote me an angry message afterwards.
    But you know he was right. I felt bad for him as I am forced to play with trash instead of my Hockey Ultimate Team.
    The name and game play are definitely at crossroads.
    [Socair - edited swear filter]

There is no momentum engine. If you're more successful with a 78 rated team, that's great. You can play with whatever team works best for you, but lower-rated teams do not get any kind of boost to make them play beyond their ratings.

I mean of course a company like this wouldn't admit to this. A company where they make so much money of people trying to make their team as good as it can be...
  • EA_Aljo

I mean of course a company like this wouldn't admit to this. A company where they make so much money of people trying to make their team as good as it can be...

There's nothing to admit. It simply doesn't exist. We're held accountable for what is said here so if it did exist and we weren't admitting it, we also wouldn't be able to say it doesn't exist. There is momentum, ice tilt, etc. If you really think you'll get an advantage by using a team full of bronze, silver or base gold players, give it a shot and see what happens. You'd also be seeing low rated teams at the top of the leaderboards if this were true. Regardless, whatever players work best for you is what you should go with.

There's nothing to admit. It simply doesn't exist. We're held accountable for what is said here so if it did exist and we weren't admitting it, we also wouldn't be able to say it doesn't exist. There is momentum, ice tilt, etc. If you really think you'll get an advantage by using a team full of bronze, silver or base gold players, give it a shot and see what happens. You'd also be seeing low rated teams at the top of the leaderboards if this were true. Regardless, whatever players work best for you is what you should go with.
    I respect this answer, thank you.
    No accusations but can you please explain how on earth does a team of 84-86 players skate loops around my 95 players. If you can logically explain that to me i will never ask this question again. Don’t get me wrong, your game is awesome from graphics to all other details and hockey is my love. I don’t remember high rated players behaving like that in NHL 13 and 14. I used to spend from $500-$1,000 a season and because of this I kind of stopped because it made no sense.
    Overall I LOVE THIS GAME.

I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • EA_Aljo
    edited February 2020
    I respect this answer, thank you.
    No accusations but can you please explain how on earth does a team of 84-86 players skate loops around my 95 players. If you can logically explain that to me i will never ask this question again. Don’t get me wrong, your game is awesome from graphics to all other details and hockey is my love. I don’t remember high rated players behaving like that in NHL 13 and 14. I used to spend from $500-$1,000 a season and because of this I kind of stopped because it made no sense.
    Overall I LOVE THIS GAME.

You're welcome. Definitely appreciate your love for the game. It's why we're all here :smile:

As far as 84-86 players outskating your 95 players goes, I'd have to see video of it. Fatigue is probably the main contributor. Especially if you like to throw puck back out with your goalie instead of covering and changing lines. There's a lot going on though so I'd really have to watch some clips where you're getting beat by slower players.

I used a team of 77-80 TOTW players and it's insane how fast they are against way faster players. Nick Robertson TOTW shouldn't be able to skate faster than even McDavid base card.. Your game is a joke..
  • EA_Aljo
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

I used a team of 77-80 TOTW players and it's insane how fast they are against way faster players. Nick Robertson TOTW shouldn't be able to skate faster than even McDavid base card.. Your game is a joke..

Can you get me some video of this happening?

I hate to be a skeptic in your world, but why all the doubt and video replay examples requested. If so many people are stating the same thing over and over wouldnt there be some validity to what they are stating.
    I have ecperienced this myself in at least 2 out of 3 games i play daily.

Honest response would be nice..
  • monz
    958 posts Member
    edited February 2020

I hate to be a skeptic in your world, but why all the doubt and video replay examples requested. If so many people are stating the same thing over and over wouldnt there be some validity to what they are stating.
    I have ecperienced this myself in at least 2 out of 3 games i play daily.

Honest response would be nice..

To be fair a couple of hundred people who complain about these things online are less then 1% of the actual fanbase. Thats why they ask for proof because alotta the time there are reason why it's happening. Simply stating it gets you nowhere, provide an example if you would like assistance, not really alot to ask.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4836 posts EA Community Manager
    To clear up any confusion regarding videos that are requested.

We don't doubt you on whether this is happening or not. The video examples are helpful when our QA team needs to log these examples in the system and compare them during testing. An important part of the bug squashing process is reproducing bugs. Some of them can be obvious where everyone is affected, while some can be a little more difficult to reproduce because of so many conditions that need to be met to trigger it to happen. Even if it's something quite obvious affecting many players, having those examples logged for us is great for reference.

We're all on your side here and want to make sure it's running smooth for you. All the help you give us on a daily basis is something we're extremely grateful for that we should praise you all more often about. Thank you again for all the assistance you lend and have fun on the ice this weekend!
  • Z0mbieBabyJesus
    1539 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    To clear up any confusion regarding videos that are requested.

We don't doubt you on whether this is happening or not. The video examples are helpful when our QA team needs to log these examples in the system and compare them during testing. An important part of the bug squashing process is reproducing bugs. Some of them can be obvious where everyone is affected, while some can be a little more difficult to reproduce because of so many conditions that need to be met to trigger it to happen. Even if it's something quite obvious affecting many players, having those examples logged for us is great for reference.

We're all on your side here and want to make sure it's running smooth for you. All the help you give us on a daily basis is something we're extremely grateful for that we should praise you all more often about. Thank you again for all the assistance you lend and have fun on the ice this weekend!

For future titles, would it be possible to add a feature in the replay section, where you could "submit" a replay directly to ea with a short description, right from in game? Or is that something that wouldn't be feasible?
  • EA_Blueberry
    4836 posts EA Community Manager

For future titles, would it be possible to add a feature in the replay section, where you could "submit" a replay directly to ea with a short description, right from in game? Or is that something that wouldn't be feasible?

Anything is possible. There are some games have features built in where you can directly submit a bug report which is awesome because it captures the specific moment in time which is always a key piece of information for a lot of bug reports. I'd say the only downside is that most users don't have controller keyboards so typing out a very detailed description is something a person would likely do once, but be discouraged to do it again in the future.

I'd be nice if there was an option like you're talking about though where it can capture the clip and craft up a bug report forum straight on the Answers HQ via in-game. Would definitely make the bug submission process a little bit smoother.

• For future titles, would it be possible to add a feature in the replay section, where you could "submit" a replay directly to ea with a short description, right from in game? Or is that something that wouldn't be feasible?

Anything is possible. There are some games have features built in where you can directly submit a bug report which is awesome because it captures the specific moment in time which is always a key piece of information for a lot of bug reports. I'd say the only downside is that most users don't have controller keyboards so typing out a very detailed description is something a person would likely do once, but be discouraged to do it again in the future.

I'd be nice if there was an option like you're talking about though where it can capture the clip and craft up a bug report forum straight on the Answers HQ via in-game. Would definitely make the bug submission process a little bit smoother.

Maybe it could be saved until the game ends and then, you could take your time to fill the rest of the form with the additional informations/description of the event. So if you don’t have a keyboard, you could take your time typing with the controller.

Or be saved with a number/ticket that you can go finish filling on your website or send to your email with the forms and you could finish filling it up on a computer or your phone later.
  • [quote="EA_Blueberry;c-2112485"]@smokin666

Did you record those goals? That can help us breakdown what happened. [/quote]

Tthem.This has been an issue for years. I call the PP the power kill because its easier to score shorthanded than on the pp. Seriously, i have nearly as many shorties as pp goals. Thats a problem
  • EA_Aljo
    @smokin666

Tthem.This has been an issue for years. I call the PP the power kill because its easier to score shorthanded than on the pp. Seriously, i have nearly as many shorties as pp goals. Thats a problem

Where are you able to see how many PP and PK goals you have? I don't believe there's a way to do that. I could be wrong though.

I haven't noticed more PK than PP goals for me, but I've certainly given up my fair share of PP goals. I'll keep an eye out for this.
    @smokin666

Where are you able to see how many PP and PK goals you have? I don't believe there's a way to do that. I could be wrong though.

I haven't noticed more PK than PP goals for me, but I've certainly given up my fair share of PP goals. I'll keep an eye out for this.

That’s all we are basically asking is for EA to look into this problem. I’ve also noticed that in past couple of days my 97 ovr team is playing like 97 team supposed to. Don’t know why but I’ll take it.
    Thanks for listening to us.

I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!